Dead On Range Finder

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

M&M

Dead On Range Finder

Post by M&M »

I saw this product advertised in a magazine and I think I have seen it at a sporting goods store, it is a bracketing range finder device and I see no reason it shouldn't work, but the only problem I see is how would you mount it on a crossbow using a scope? so if any of you use this product on your scoped crossbow how did you mount it and do you like it? the web site says they are only 20bucks
M&M
animal

Post by animal »

M&M can you give me the web site please . this way i can see what your talking about.
NECESSITY IS THE MOTHER OF ALL INVENTION

EXOCET 200
animal

Post by animal »

I found the site . persoally I think you can make your own . I'm looking through my crossbow scope when I look to the side of the scope I see the post of my gp mount, put the bow in a steady rest, set your deer target at 20 yards now whith some nail polish mark top and bottom of deer on the post then set the deer at 30 yards make sure you put the bottom mark at the bottom of the deer now mark the top and repete . I think this just may work :idea: also you need to have my setup :lol: I'm going to try this out .

EXOCET 200
fuzzy

Post by fuzzy »

Last edited by fuzzy on Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
animal

Post by animal »

fuzzy i thought the same thing but no different then what they are doing . Just something to play with for now . I have a range finder i use befor the hunt .but if you do not , can be a good reference for you to use:?:

EXOCET 200
M&M

Post by M&M »

I usually range mark the shooting lanes at my deer stands but a lot of times when still hunting to and from my stand I see deer and there is not allways time to pull out my laser range finder and a bracketing type set up could be a good tool to help judge the distance in a hurry
M&M
animal

Post by animal »

M&M wrote:I usually range mark the shooting lanes at my deer stands but a lot of times when still hunting to and from my stand I see deer and there is not allways time to pull out my laser range finder and a bracketing type set up could be a good tool to help judge the distance in a hurry
that is a good example . IT can be handy in those type of situations

EXOCET 200
M&M

Post by M&M »

I think for the low cost of it I may go ahead and buy one and see what I can come up with as for mounting it If it doesn't work out I am only out 20 bucks
M&M
Dereck

Post by Dereck »

Could someone put up the website, would like to see what this is and if it could be easily replicated.

Thanks Dereck
Tenpoint Matrix
NewGuy

Post by NewGuy »

Boo/Comfybear Custom strings
Coin Man

Post by Coin Man »

http://www.excaliburcrossbow.com/phpBB2 ... highlight=

I used the front sight that came with the bow turned it around backwards and placed it on the left side so the scope knobs did not interfere with viewing it. I used GOOP and glued it to the sight. It only takes a second to size the deer with the sight then look through the scope for the shot. No more moving around. My pins are set for 20, 30, and 40 yards.