Excalibur People

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

hawg hunter

Excalibur People

Post by hawg hunter »

I went to the annual Hunters Extravaganza here in San Antonio Friday evening. Well while walking through the displays I spied an Excal sign. walked up to the display and met a fine young man named Rob, and a few minutes later up walked the main man Bill T. Had a very pleasant and informative conversation with the two. It's not hard to understand why Excal has the quality in their product. It is run by Quality People. A real pleasure to talk with. They came to Texas during a real Heat wave. It has set a few records 21 days of over 100+ degrees F. Excal will be in Ft. Worth and Houston for their Hunters Shows.
Last edited by hawg hunter on Sat Jul 11, 2009 2:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
spiwonka

Post by spiwonka »

I figured they had some good quality people running the show. To have great products and stand behind them 100%. The heat wave has been bad. I've been ready for fall for about a month now!!! They said El Nino is taking effect and could last through the winter of 2010. I figured something was going to happen, so now it's going to go from a drought to way to much rain!!! TX Weather you got to love it!!!
Limbs and Sticks

post sub

Post by Limbs and Sticks »

Good for you Texans to have a V.I.P as BILL T. to come across the right boarder to say howdy, a good man.

Wes
"Maxine"
1.75x5 Burris scope
Boo string
STS
Feathered easton 2020's
Magnus stingers
dick195252

Post by dick195252 »

Wish he would come to Tennessee so i could have the pleasure of meeting him.
Exomax, Lumizone, Boo String, NRA, ACf, Member, [Proud Grandpa!!!]
Bodkin

Post by Bodkin »

I would have to agree with hawg hunter. I attended the Texas Trophy Hunter show today and was very please to see and meet Bill T what a nice guy. Bill's got a new african adventure lined up and I am sure will see footage when thats available. With Texas finally adopting Xbows for the archery season Excalibur was down to take their rightfull share of the market. It's funny none of the other Xbow dealers wanted to talk to me when they saw my Excalibur hat.
mikej

Post by mikej »

sounds like a great time
If guns cause crime, all of mine are defective
sneak

Post by sneak »

dick195252 wrote:Wish he would come to Tennessee so i could have the pleasure of meeting him.
I'll second that! :lol: Sounds like a great time!
Exocet 200
Vari-Zone Scope
Gold Tip Laser II Arrows
Rage 2 blade crossbow broadheads
S5 Suppression System
Flemish Dyna Flight String
AHBH

Post by AHBH »

Bodkin wrote:I would have to agree with hawg hunter. I attended the Texas Trophy Hunter show today and was very please to see and meet Bill T what a nice guy. Bill's got a new african adventure lined up and I am sure will see footage when thats available. With Texas finally adopting Xbows for the archery season Excalibur was down to take their rightfull share of the market. It's funny none of the other Xbow dealers wanted to talk to me when they saw my Excalibur hat.
Any idea when and where he will be going to in Africa
Bill T

Post by Bill T »

I'll answer that one.
After the elephant hunt I got to thinking about what would be next on my to-do list. Blue whale? Nope, no tags available. Polar bear? Nope, I hate the cold. How bout lion? That would work!
I've been saving my Loonies since then and the great adventure begins on August 30th. I'm going to Zambia for a 3 week safari with lion as #1 target, and leopard and cape buff as second and third. Of course, I expect there to be "targets of opportunity" available too, but time alone will tell the story. I will be expected to kill animals for bait as quickly as possible so it's probable that I'll start off the festivities with the PH's rifle.
I'm taking two Exomaxs, one with a wood stock (Relayer sample) and a standard one. One will be set up for heavies with 675 grain packages and cut-on-contact heads, the other will have Firebolts and Boltcutters for lion and leopard. I had hoped to put a blog up daily for you guys to see, but technical issues like no electricity or cell coverage have discouraged me. Don't fret though, I'm bringing a cameraman with me and if all goes well you'll get to see it as it happened on the hunting TV shows. If all doesn't go well, you'll get to see it on "When Animals Attack"
Mike P

Post by Mike P »

I think I might fear the buffalo more then the lion.

Best of luck with your adventure Bill and I know we all look forward to sharing it with you via the film.
Last edited by Mike P on Fri Jul 17, 2009 4:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mikej

Post by mikej »

good luck bill, can't wait to see it
If guns cause crime, all of mine are defective
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

Bill, Congrats on the 400 posts, lol. Hope you have a great, safe hunt!
"Eze 18:21"
Big John

j

Post by Big John »

Lion's eh? :shock: Well, I guess, if you like hunting little kitty cats. :wink:
Now I on the other hand would do it with, a Youth Vixen, 280 gr. bolt, 85 grain Slick, and an eye patch over my good eye! :wink:

All kidding aside Bill, I'm sure you will have a great time, and more excitement than one could imagine. 8) Be careful out there! Cant wait to see the film! That is one hunt I could only Dream about. I will live it through other's instead. :wink:
Phoenix - 375 gr. BEE's (babyneilsons)
Micro 315 - 410 gr. Zombies/Lumenoks
Micro 355. - Punisher-Zombies/Lumenoks

Arrowmaker - Retired
[email protected]
AHBH

Post by AHBH »

Hi Bill and thanks for answering it personally. I am sure that you will enjoy it and hope that everything goes well with no major incidents. If you get those you will have shot 4 of the Big 5 with a crossbow and I can't wait to see the videos. What outfitter will you be using?
lscha

Post by lscha »

I sure hope we get to see it here. As it is, we will miss the new "Crossbow Adventures" because my network doesn't carry it. :(
Laura
Vixen II/Optimizer/RamCats/NGSS
Camx
Boo strings, top mounts
[url]http://www.michigancrossbowfederation.org[/url]
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Michigan-Crossbow-Federation/122974954384381