IT NEVER ENDS

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

animal

IT NEVER ENDS

Post by animal »

This is from a post I found on NJ bowhunter conference site boy do they sound stupid :twisted:

I hope all of you have a better time of it than I do. I hunt a farm in Bucks County, PA and have had an "Instant Bowhunter" hunting the property next to me with a crossbow for the past couple of years. It's been nothing short of a nightmare. The first year he shot 7 very good bucks and didn't recover even one of them. In PA you're only allowed 1 buck a year. We found the 7 dead in hedgerows. Most were shot in the brisket and two in the neck. He thinks he can shoot them like he would using his slug gun. I tried to talk to him about shot placement & he'd have none of that. He's wounded more deer than the average PA hunter kills in a lifetime.

Wait until you guys see a group of x-bowers driving deer during the first week of archery. Can you say "They've gone nocturnal" in September?

My beefs, a crossbow is loaded,as a firearm. No drawing, just bring it up and swing your upper body. Jump a deer, shoulder it swing and shoot. Drive back roads, have it cocked drop in a bolt, shoot out the opposite window no bang or muzzle flash. Come back, follow blood tag deer.

sun why would you call McArthur's a BS story. I guess you can just judge a story by the way it is written?

Example, Cabelas Friday the 26 of June. I spoke to the guy behind the counter of the archery shop. His words. We are selling 10 X-bows for every compound. Question. Who is doing all the buying.

Answer. Lot of PA hunters and much more NJ hunters.

Q. Why do you think the PA are buying more then before.

A. Is worth the money now because they can go into NJ and shoot more bucks.

Are we going to see an increase in hunters in the woods? YOU BET

Are we going to see organized drives in WMA and some clubs? YOU BET

Are we going to find more wasted deer in the woods? YOU BET

Are hunters going to try longer shots at deer? YOU BET

Is the bow season in NJ going to change forever? That I can guarantee you when they see the amount of deer that are going to be shot. So in the end is the bow hunters that loose. Nothing new here in NJ. We are always the escape goat of the DFW. Happy Trails

I guess I shouldn't tell sun about the guys trying to stalk and kill my decoy"Sarah"while trespassing,huh Bob. It was funny watching them slink away after I scared em off with my grunt call.

*Note:If you need to scare off trespassing,decoy stalking xbow hunters with you're grunt tube be sure you are 20 feet up. They may think that deer decoy is the real thing but they do know deer don't live in trees. I would not attempt to alert them from the ground with anything other than the human voice,like turkey hunting.

Worst thing that could have happened to true bowhunting in New Jersey.
Last edited by animal on Sun Jul 12, 2009 10:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
NECESSITY IS THE MOTHER OF ALL INVENTION

EXOCET 200
Limbs and Sticks

post sub

Post by Limbs and Sticks »

The PA. die hards like none of them ever wounded a deer with a bad shot, their all perfect BULL, I've have killed many with a long bow, recurve and compound, and I know I didn't find all of them, even with good hit's. I have not lost a one with any of the xbows that I have owned and that's no BULL. I would like to have all the cedar and alum shafts I left in the woods over the yrs, a good chunk of money.

Wes
"Maxine"
1.75x5 Burris scope
Boo string
STS
Feathered easton 2020's
Magnus stingers
VixChix

Post by VixChix »

...Drive back roads, have it cocked drop in a bolt, shoot out the opposite window...
HUH?!??!?!
ImageImageImage

I can't believe people are stupid enough to actually believe this and repeat it!!!
Vixen, Micro 315, HHA Optimizer, Boo & VixenMaster strings, Munch Mounts, Dr. Stirrup accessories.
mikej

Post by mikej »

pure stupidity :roll: :roll: :roll:
If guns cause crime, all of mine are defective
bob1961

Post by bob1961 »

wow??? i don't even know where to start, so i won't....but now there is some stereo typing huh???....wow?????????.................bob

exocet 200. STS dampers.
boo string and trigger work.
munch mount quiver mount.
125 gr slick trick magums.
2" blazers on 2117 XX75 w/ brass inserts.
SPITFIRE

Post by SPITFIRE »

Yep animal your right. :twisted: Crossbow hunters are the root of all evil :( Just because you have a "slob" hunter in your area don't condem all crossbow hunters. Compound and recurve archers also loose a lot of deer :( Anybody should be able to hunt with whatever weapon they want as long as it is a leagle weapon. We are all hunters and we should stick together especially now with all the anti gun movements going on, :( No matter where you go you will find people who can't track deer or they just don't give a dam. The ones that don't give a dam should not be hunting and the ones that can't track a deer should learn how to. Spend the time and search for your deer. Every good hunter does his/her best to find their animal. IMO

SPITFIRE
I am a hunter and proud of it.
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

This is the same old bull... over and over we hear these complaints from the "real" archers. Hopefully with a little time they will realize that crossbow shooters are not pure evil. I know more responsible people with crossbows than compounds. I know for a fact that more deer are wounded in my neighbourhood with compounds than crossbows. Its one reason why I switched from comp to cross. From my point of veiw, if you want to be an ethical hunter, why would you want to hunt with anything but a crossbow if the law pemits. They are deadly accurate. Thats bad?? Anyone can buy a bow. any bow and wound, teach ethics rather than bash a pesons choice in weapon
Last edited by one shot scott on Sun Jul 12, 2009 9:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

one shot scott wrote:This is the same old bull... over and over we hear these complaints from the "real" archers. Hopefully with a little time they will realize that crossbow shooters are not pure evil. I know more responsible people with crossbows than compounds. I know for a fact that more deer are wounded in my neighbourhood with compounds than crossbows. Its one reason why I switched from comp to cross. From my point of veiw, if you want to be an ethical hunter, why would you want to hunt with anything but a crossbow if the law pemits. They are deadly accurate. Thats bad?? Any moron can by a bow. any bow and wound, teach ethics rather than bash a pesons choice in weapon
As far as "Hopefully w/ a little time...." I do a lot of reading. The vert crowd in Oh is still whineing after 30 yrs of both bows and the vert setting harvest records something like 7 years in a row.

I thought there was no friction here in Arkansas, but much to my surprise I recently learned that our "urban deer tag" program excludes xbows, compliments of our state bow org.

I sent our F & G dept an email questioning the practice but haven't gotten a reply yet. I will be following up on this.

It's a shame, but it is what it is.
"Eze 18:21"
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

it is a shame awshucks, its just plain selfishness. The bashing of crossbows is just a means to be selfish. just my strong opinion. :wink:
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
Chuck Gravel

Post by Chuck Gravel »

Heres the funny thing, I work in a meat market in new jersey and during deer season i skin deer and this year i am going to start butchering. every year i see people bring in does the size of dogs( 50 lb or less) and bucks with little button bucks and then they complain that people with a crossbow are going to shoot all the bucks... same old bs, when they are the ones that use a standard bow and sound like the people in the original post. there are some real hiporcrites on those "vertical bowhunter" forums.
Excalibur Equinox
Lumi-Zone
Viper-X- Strings
NGSS (newguy)
vortex pro extreme 125
bojangles

Post by bojangles »

:? .......On another forum they were bashing crossbows and didnt know what a recurve crossbow was...or ever seen or heard of one..but still hated them :?
Woody Williams

Post by Woody Williams »

awshucks wrote: As far as "Hopefully w/ a little time...." I do a lot of reading. The vert crowd in Oh is still whineing after 30 yrs of both bows and the vert setting harvest records something like 7 years in a row.
2008 was the ninth year in a row where the vertical Ohio archers set harvest records.

" Archers reported harvesting 85,856 deer this year, 9.2% more than last season. This year’s vertical bow harvest of 39,376 deer represents a 8.3% increase over last season. For the 9th consecutive year, vertical bow hunters have set harvest records."
Woody Williams

We have met the enemy and he is us - Pogo Possum

Hunting in Indiana at [size=84][color=Red][b][url=http://huntingindiana.proboards52.com]HUNT-INDIANA[/url][/b][/color][/size]
Popacap

Post by Popacap »

The very sad thing is these people are probably voters as well. Its weird how ignorance can spread faster than truth! A lot of folks would rather listen to someone ignorant or just make something up rather than research what they talk about. A very sad thing indeed. :cry:
2009 Vortex
lumizone
Excel string
125 grn F3 Trophy Ridge broadheads
Firebolt arrows
sits in trees

Post by sits in trees »

Pathetic!!!undt shhtupit!!!
mdcrossbow

Post by mdcrossbow »

What sit said LOL

sits in trees wrote:Pathetic!!!undt shhtupit!!!