Burt Coyote Lumenoks

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

gad

Post by gad »

Let us know how it will work for you.

I tried the easton ones (for crossbows, flat butt) and they are really weak. I broke some after 5 shots on targets. Also, you can´t replace batteries on the easton ones.
I'm all for gun control. To me, gun control is putting 2 bullets in the same hole... UNCLE TED
Big John

b

Post by Big John »

Fun, eh Bob!! :) I presume your attaining the FOC you mentioned while using Brass front inserts? I am only curious as to the durability and longevity of the product, please keep us informed. :wink:
I must admit "They are very Cool"! 8)
Phoenix - 375 gr. BEE's (babyneilsons)
Micro 315 - 410 gr. Zombies/Lumenoks
Micro 355. - Punisher-Zombies/Lumenoks

Arrowmaker - Retired
[email protected]
dutchhunter

nocks

Post by dutchhunter »

i have been using them for a while now and just love them .thy do hold out very well just do not shot at the same spot on the trget every time DUTCH
addicted to canadian beaver
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

I have used them. 2 seasons ago I recovered a buck thanks to them. Iced up frame on bow = miss-placed shot :cry: That buck travelled alot that night. I saw him bed down and found him in the same spot in the morning. I know I would not have found him otherwise. I was also fortunate that the bolt stayed in the cavity and I could still see the LED. I love them for the simple fact I know where i hit. Very good product as far as im concerned, but some require minor modifications
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
Farmer

Post by Farmer »

Have had good luck with lumenocks . Had my 1st nock go dead after a few shots . Emailed the company and a new one was sent free of charge .
Cossack

Post by Cossack »

Have found that prepping the back of the arrow too ensure good contact is key to their reliability. Make sure the glue is out of the shaft and lightly sand the end of the arrow. Twisting them after insertion is can cause problems with the contact point so should be avoided. They are much looser in the shaft than Firenocks, for example, and have occasionally popped out for me on hard target hit. All in all work very well and are affordable.
saxman

Post by saxman »

gad wrote:Let us know how it will work for you.

I tried the easton ones (for crossbows, flat butt) and they are really weak. I broke some after 5 shots on targets. Also, you can´t replace batteries on the easton ones.
I have the old tracers,pre Easton and they are holding up good but I dont shoot much.I found replacement batteries for them and stocked up.

Never used the luminock but heard mixed reviews.Let us know.
Scott
http://www.myspace.com/saxman1

Take a kid hunting
They don't remember their best day of watching TV

Excalibur Equinox
TruGlo Red/Green Dot
NGSS Absorber by NewGuy
Custom strings by BOO
Groundpounder Top Mount
ACF Member - 2011
gad

Post by gad »

saxman wrote:
gad wrote:Let us know how it will work for you.

I have the old tracers,pre Easton and they are holding up good but I dont shoot much.I found replacement batteries for them and stocked up.

Never used the luminock but heard mixed reviews.Let us know.
On the easton ones that I have the battery is enclosed on a heat shrink tube. I have removed the shrink tube cap successfully, but when tried to remove the old battery, on all 3 units that I have tried for, carefully, the positive contact have fallen of the microcircuit board. Impossible to solder it again with my equipment by here.
I'm all for gun control. To me, gun control is putting 2 bullets in the same hole... UNCLE TED
korey99

Post by korey99 »

I used them last season as well, and had good luck with them. I was initially concerned b/c my FOC had changed as well, but didn't have to adjust my sights (from regular aluminum rear inserts) at normal shooting distances. They make the bolts a tad longer, but still worked great. I use front brass with 100 gr Slicks. They performed excellent.

Sure makes bolt recovery easier, especially in thicker bush.

I'd recommend them.

Have fun!

Korey
Galgo

Post by Galgo »

Oredered mine this spring AND TUNED THEM. sAVED ME ONE BOLT ALREADY AFTER A WAYWARD DEFLECTED crap. cAME BACK IN THE EARLY AM AND FOUND IT IN SOME BRSH 10 YARDS FROM WHERE i THOUGHT IT WOULD BE. wOULD NEVER HAVE FOUND IT. cAN'T WAIT TO WATCH IT GO INTO A DEER. SORRY ABOUT THE YELLING - CAP LOCKS

f