O/T Trashy in Toronto?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

dick195252

Post by dick195252 »

You did tmitch4570 but we are family here, and as such have openness and compassion with our family members, we have stood behind each other in sickness and death on this forum so it goes way beyond just a crossbow hunting forum.
Exomax, Lumizone, Boo String, NRA, ACf, Member, [Proud Grandpa!!!]
WAB

Post by WAB »

VOID
Last edited by WAB on Fri Jul 17, 2009 1:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tmitch4570

Post by tmitch4570 »

dick195252 wrote:You did tmitch4570 but we are family here, and as such have openness and compassion with our family members, we have stood behind each other in sickness and death on this forum so it goes way beyond just a crossbow hunting forum.
OK dick195252, maybe that's my point. I'm sure there are many "family" members here that are hard working municipal employees, auto workers, waste collectors & union members. They go to work in manytimes crappy conditions to try to live the middle-class dream just like you & I. There are abuses in EVERY line of work and that's what you read about. It's unfair to lump everyone together and bash them. Is that "openness and compassion"? I've read post after post here about how vertical bow clubs lump all x-bow hunters as lazy, unethical & unskilled. We that actually use crossbows know that's not true, but every year some idiot sticks a bolt in a deer's butt from 100 yds to prove their point. Doesn't represent the majority does it?
WAB, if that's your dream, go for it! The grass is always greener...... till ya get there.
Boo

Post by Boo »

Not only is the grass greener but it is over fertilized!
Some people just like stepping on rakes
WAB

Post by WAB »

VOID
Last edited by WAB on Fri Jul 17, 2009 1:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bow hunter

Post by bow hunter »

Yes and some of us are public sector workers. As with everything else don't paint everyone with the same brush. I am sure there are many of those workers that would just as soon be at work. Have you ever watched the humilitation someone is put through when they try to cross a picket line or have you ever experienced what strike breaker goes through after a return to work. I would agree this union chose a bad time strategically to go on strike. Gathering public support in these tough financial times will be difficult.
WAB

Post by WAB »

I have deleted my posts because I really dont want to get into a pi**ing match, however, I doubt very much a striking cival workers union will ever have the support of the public in the way they think they do. As others have said, it is just holding the city and residence ransom (you want your garbage picked, give me what I want), kind of like a child having a temper tamtrum. If they dont like their jobs, they can resign and look elsewhere. the public sector workers have had to make cut backs, in wages, hours, job security and benifits ect, I just feel as a tax payer, that the public service should be no different, in fact a good friend of mine works for the city and he refers to it as the "gravy job". I know this is a touchy subject that could become heated, with no end result on this forum. I will not post on this subject anymore. I apologize if I offended anyone, but some of us are offended by some unions actions, and yes...like it or not...we pay your wages, you work for us.

if you want to see the public support for the union...follow this link...you will see the type of support these action get from the public
http://network.nationalpost.com/np/blog ... -site.aspx

or this, you will note that in some of these, picketers refer to fellow workers and friends, not on strike as "scabs" for going to work.
http://network.nationalpost.com/np/blog ... fault.aspx
Last edited by WAB on Fri Jul 17, 2009 3:11 pm, edited 9 times in total.
Boo

Post by Boo »

bow hunter wrote:Yes and some of us are public sector workers. As with everything else don't paint everyone with the same brush. I am sure there are many of those workers that would just as soon be at work. Have you ever watched the humiliation someone is put through when they try to cross a picket line or have you ever experienced what strike breaker goes through after a return to work. I would agree this union chose a bad time strategically to go on strike. Gathering public support in these tough financial times will be difficult.
I couldn't agree with you more. Between that donkey of a mayor and the so called union leaders us citizens are hostages. It will serve the union leaders right if they get classed as essential services. But that slimy mayor will some how escape unscathed. He is without doubt the instigator in this fiasco .
Some people just like stepping on rakes
dick195252

Post by dick195252 »

tmitch4570 I have been an electrician all my life worked hard made a Good liveing invested my money, saved my money so i could retire at 55 years old. no pension, no SICK days, no paid vacation, no paid holidays. Got paid when i worked or not at all and have no complaints where i am today. I actually take Pride in how i worked, saved, paid my Bills and raised 3 Boys. I am sure i have worked in conditions as bad or worse than a Garbage collector. Had to take tests to quilify for my Licenses and educate myself [on the job training] and night schools, I had to pay for out of pocket to reach the Superintendant level. When did our Standards change so much that a Garbage collector should be compensated better than some one that has to go to school to earn a degree for there profession or a Trade to learn. What does it take to pick up Garbage?? When Tax Payers are paying for it there comes a time that a Garbage collector is just that a Garbage collector any one can do the job and i will not call them sanitation Engineers that is reserved for true Engineers. I know this post is going to be unpopular but it needs to be said, Tax payers can only pick up so much of the tab where is the money comeing from to pay people when they do NOT work??? There i have said my peace and that is it I am Done..
Exomax, Lumizone, Boo String, NRA, ACf, Member, [Proud Grandpa!!!]
munch

Post by munch »

almost hate to go there don but if they want to hold up the city i think you will find out very few care less about some half wit on a garbage truck and 3,000,000 people in toronto think they are the boss . i bet there are a lot of those guys that don't want to be off work and thats where unions are a pain in the a$$ as far as extortion i do know some very shadey mechinics like the one who rebuilt my tranny last year for a couple grand BETTER THAN NEW (LASTED LESS THAN 20,000 KM ) and when i went back the door was locked .all i was trying to say was we cannot blame all the workers .maybe they had all those sick days givein to them so managment would get the same or just maybe they get pay increases on% base because if managment does that managment also get 2.9% and 2.9% of 90k is a little bigger raise than 2.9% of 45k its too bad all government employees were not given so much per hour all this is is a way for the top brass to increase there pay at a faster rate
PUT IT IN THE BAG MARLIN ( #$%^ you it"ll bite)
BAD NEWS TRAVELS FAST
[email protected]
munchmounts channel utube
munchmounts facebook
tmitch4570

Post by tmitch4570 »

Sorry guys, but I guess my point's been missed. No sense tryin to explain
munch

Post by munch »

hers how we fix those no good garbage men just elect good old bob again then well every one elles gets raises for years we can watch those cupe guys get nothing and makeem take time off to that will fix them

As the recession wore on, Rae implemented government cutbacks in an attempt to control the mounting budgetary deficit. His government also brought in the Social Contract which reopened collective bargaining agreements with the province's public sector unions and impose a wage freeze and " Rae days" giving civil servants (including teachers, doctors, nurses, etc.) ten days off without pay per year. These cutbacks led to a falling-out with both the public sector unions, most notably OPSEU , as well as the CAW and its leader Buzz Hargrove . This breach between the NDP and the labour movement struck at the party's foundations - the NDP was founded as an alliance between the old Cooperative Commonwealth Federation and the labour movement - and alienated the many traditional NDP voters. Thousands of members resigned from the party and several unions turned against the NDP and vowed to defeat the government in the next election.
BAD NEWS TRAVELS FAST
[email protected]
munchmounts facebook
munch

Post by munch »

just incase some don't get it that last post was a joke and garbage men got no respect back then ether
BAD NEWS TRAVELS FAST
[email protected]
munchmounts facebook
chris4570

Post by chris4570 »

So they pick up garbage from TO. Possibly some harmful crap in them bags/containers.

Too bad. They were the ones who applied for the job. Garbage collector. Accept it. They applied because the money was/is good. Get back to work and be thankful you have a job. There are plenty of folks who would fill your shoes right now so watch your step.
You can take the man out of the woods but you can't take the woods out of the man.

"Celebrate your harvest with a Bloodtrail Ale(tm)!!"
"It CAN Be Done!"