Dry Fire

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Cossack

Post by Cossack »

Actually, it's good you got it put of your system, man. Now, people like us, put their safety on first thing after cocking, then glance to see if the 'gun is loaded' before EACH shot. You just proved you are human. Welcome to the dry fire club. :lol:
will dog

Post by will dog »

Everyone sure seems sold on the NGSS.
Some obvious questions----
Why doesn't Excalibur put these on the bow if they are helpful?
How much weight does it add?
Whats the cost?
Just what do the intials stand for?

Thanks everyone for all the help!
Mike P

Post by Mike P »

wild dog, VixChix already answered your question about the NGSS system with the ninth post of this thread.
Chuck Gravel

Post by Chuck Gravel »

After i dry-fired my equinox i did something that someone else told me to do. its as easy as taking two pieces of masking tape and on the one write "SAFETY" and on the other write "ARROW". then put one on the one limb and the other on the other limb. i put mine near the middle of the limbs so as i was looking down the sight of avout to sight in i see it every time. this may sound silly but i have not done it again and i think it works. hope this helps.
Excalibur Equinox
Lumi-Zone
Viper-X- Strings
NGSS (newguy)
vortex pro extreme 125
mikej

Post by mikej »

Chuck Gravel wrote:After i dry-fired my equinox i did something that someone else told me to do. its as easy as taking two pieces of masking tape and on the one write "SAFETY" and on the other write "ARROW". then put one on the one limb and the other on the other limb. i put mine near the middle of the limbs so as i was looking down the sight of avout to sight in i see it every time. this may sound silly but i have not done it again and i think it works. hope this helps.
i use the same thing but mine says "arrow dummy" :lol:
If guns cause crime, all of mine are defective
lscha

Post by lscha »

I picked up my bow the other day after about 5 days of not shooting it. I pulled the string back with my crankaroo and as always, I put the safety on before I even took the hooks off the string. I rolled up the crank and set it on the table. As I lifted the bow to the rest I checked the safety again at this point, as I always do, then wondered if the wind was still just a bit too strong to smack my bullseye at 30 yards. I sat and positioned myself, pushed the safety off and looked through the scope. I sat there and went through my mental checklist that usually just includes 1. fingers below rail? and 2. using the right dot for the distance? and still had a nagging hesitation. Something wasn't right.

I freaked when I realized I had forgotten to put the arrow in. I put the safety back on and I was saved THIS TIME from a dry fire. I remembered some on here wrote a reminder on their limbs. Is the written reminder as effective if you use a scope??
Laura
Vixen II/Optimizer/RamCats/NGSS
Camx
Boo strings, top mounts
[url]http://www.michigancrossbowfederation.org[/url]
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Michigan-Crossbow-Federation/122974954384381
NewGuy

Post by NewGuy »

will dog wrote:Everyone sure seems sold on the NGSS.
Some obvious questions----
Why doesn't Excalibur put these on the bow if they are helpful?
How much weight does it add?
Whats the cost?
Just what do the intials stand for?

Thanks everyone for all the help!
The initials stand for New Guy String Suppressor
The cost is 60US or 65Can. shipped , paypal add 3%
I am going to the post office this afternoon so i can pot the weight of them after i get home and I'm not sure why Excalibur doesn't put them on.

update---the weight is 4.72 oz
Boo/Comfybear Custom strings
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

mikej wrote:
Chuck Gravel wrote:After i dry-fired my equinox i did something that someone else told me to do. its as easy as taking two pieces of masking tape and on the one write "SAFETY" and on the other write "ARROW". then put one on the one limb and the other on the other limb. i put mine near the middle of the limbs so as i was looking down the sight of avout to sight in i see it every time. this may sound silly but i have not done it again and i think it works. hope this helps.
i use the same thing but mine says "arrow dummy" :lol:

LOL, I've been passing that one on for so long I can't remember who I swiped it from!! It's only embarrassing when someone else see's it!

Hey!! What are friends for? :D :D :D
"Eze 18:21"