Who's had 2 shots (with a crossbow) at a deer ?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

wabi

Post by wabi »

Never needed a second shot (except to dispatch one that was down, but not quite out yet) with the crossbow, but I actually had one stick around for a missed shot, a dropped arrow, and finally the third arrow (which DID hit the target) with a longbow several years ago. :lol:
wabi
Big D

Post by Big D »

The only time I had a problem was a late season antlerless hunt when I used spitfires that were not new. I actually got 3 shots off at the same group of deer. I missed the first 2 at short distances and believe the blades opened. The 3rd shot was a perfect double lung. This was a amazing hunt cocking my equinox 3 times in my summit viper while the deer were looking in my direction. I actually had to lower the bow over the summit rail and bring the stock up through so I could cock it in the stand and then take it back under the railing and over to put another arrow in and shoot. I did this 2 times after missing the first shot. I still can't figure that hunt out and how those deer responded.
perrysbirds

Post by perrysbirds »

Smacked this Buck on Nov 19 last year and 2 days latter sitting in the same chair nailed the doe!

If im not out shooting deer.
Im home drinking beer!
2007 exomax
DuckHunt

Post by DuckHunt »

I shot twice at one group of three doe, then got down out of my stand and stalked them down and killed one. I emptied my quiver (4 shots) in one hunt.

http://www.excaliburcrossbow.com/phpBB2 ... hp?t=19596

On Columbus Day a few years ago my Exomax launched four arrows, but on that day it took four doe. Two by me and two by my son. I took two of three that came up. Later that day my son took his first two deer that walked up together.

You have better chances of pulling it off in early season when you have more cover to hide behind.

DuckHunt