That had to hurt!!

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Sopchoppy

That had to hurt!!

Post by Sopchoppy »

Was watching a hunting show on the tube today; don't remember which one. Some older guy was in the emergency room with an arrow sticking through his left hand. Entered between his thumb and index finger and the broadhead and about 2" of the arrow were sticking out the palm of his hand. Said it happened by using an arrow that was too short. Anyone else see this?
Vortex
Gold Tip Laser II's
Slick Trick Broadheads
Viper X String
Groundpounder Mount
STS
Lumi-Zone
dick195252

Post by dick195252 »

My hand started to throb just reading about it.
Exomax, Lumizone, Boo String, NRA, ACf, Member, [Proud Grandpa!!!]
motuna

Post by motuna »

He had to be shooting a regular bow or compound not a crossbow. He over drew the "short" arrow! Dumb!!
Hoss

Post by Hoss »

yea what a dumb $hit, I would have pulled it out myself before i would let them video it and put it on the tv to show everyone..GEEZZ
Dedicated.... ta all the sweet Bucks yet ta die!
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

My first look at a compound vert was late '80's. The big deal then was called an 'overdraw', which was crudely descibed as a shelf that extended back toward the shooter so one could use shorter/lighter/faster arrows.

I took one look at that disaster waiting to happen and knew they weren't for me.

I put my 1st five shots ever out of a compound [that one]into a coffee cup sized group at 25 yds, shooting right handed [as I always had w/ stick/recurve] and I'm a leftie, left eye dominant.

My next shot from one was w/ Boo's bow at 30. About 2" off the 'X'. He was as nervous as my 4 whlr is now, lol.
"Eze 18:21"