Exocet, Exomax, or Phoneix

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Farmer

Post by Farmer »

Wabi , you hit the nail on the head !!

[/quote

I like his answer to - which bow is best?
The one that fits you physically and financially. Learn to shoot it well. Keep your arrows straight. Keep your broadheads sharp and tuned. And remember, archery hunting is a close up challenge between the hunter and the deer. A big part of the reward is taking that trophy at 20 yards or less.
Dumbazz

Post by Dumbazz »

I had a Phoenix and sold it and went to an Exomax.

Wishing I kept my Phoenix. Exomax is overkill for whitetails. As well it is a lot harder on strings and targets. And Dutch had a great point about breaking or forgetting your rope cocker.
I come by my name honestly.
saxman

Post by saxman »

I'll be 51 Friday.
I'm broke down,beat down,wore out,plum tuckered..... well, you get the picture.
I have the Equinox and use the rope cocker with no problems,even in a treestand.
Scott
http://www.myspace.com/saxman1

Take a kid hunting
They don't remember their best day of watching TV

Excalibur Equinox
TruGlo Red/Green Dot
NGSS Absorber by NewGuy
Custom strings by BOO
Groundpounder Top Mount
ACF Member - 2011
chris4570

Post by chris4570 »

My 175# Exocet is all I will ever need for hunting. I would have absolute confidence shooting deer, bear or moose. Put the arrow where it needs to go and you are in business.
You can take the man out of the woods but you can't take the woods out of the man.

"Celebrate your harvest with a Bloodtrail Ale(tm)!!"
"It CAN Be Done!"
Jesuslovesyou

Post by Jesuslovesyou »

Thanks again for all the replies. Looks like the phoneix will be sufficient depending on the shooter. God Bless All,
For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world throught him might be be saved. John 3:17
liaf

Post by liaf »

Great choice. That was my first one but the itch got to me so I went the next step up. I am afraid now that I own 4 Boo strings I may have to buy another one. Not sure if I will go with the 225lb or the 150lb. I will wait till next fall/winter when the deals start showing up. I can't wait till I can hunt with my xcal since in NYS its illegal for hunting. If I can find some state land in NJ then I would try winter bow during the month of january.
Vortex, Boo String, Zeiss Z-Point --Phoenix, Boo String, Zeiss Z-Point.
Cossack

Post by Cossack »

Had an Equinox. Heck of a bow but hard on my aging back and bad wing. Downsized to Vortex. Much better, though only 25 lgs. Now my backup bow is a Phoenix...only that's the one I seem to shoot the most. So does that make my main bow my backup? :lol: