need help from the excalibur guru's

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Arkbow

need help from the excalibur guru's

Post by Arkbow »

i have a phoenix and love the x-bow but wanting to buy a second x-bow for back-up; do any of you have experience with the vixen? i am looking real hard at the vixen 2 but never have shot anything less than 175 lbs draw weight and was wondering how efficent this bow was; i do nothing but hunt whitetail deer and turkey and i do not trophy hunt; my trophy room is called a spam; i know that the speed is a little different but i am not a speed freak either; any advice would be greatly appreciated; thank you........arkbow
Hunt hard, respect what you hunt and waste no meat;
dutchhunter

back up bow

Post by dutchhunter »

i belive that another phenix would serve you well .the lite stuff pack would have everything you need and forthe price this packege can be bought for .you will already be comfy with it DUTCH
addicted to canadian beaver
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

I don't have one, but those who do say it is the best. Light, easy to cock and plenty of power..
In that range I would have a good look at the Ibex too..
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

Vixen sounds good, forgot where you are in Ar, but if you want to shoot my 200# come on by.
"Eze 18:21"
sumner4991

Post by sumner4991 »

I love my Vixen. I like the variety between the Vixen and the Max. Gives me two completely different beasts to shoot. Don't be fooled . . .the Vixen is a powerhouse too . . .just a one story powerhouse. 8)
I'd rather wear out than rust out.
Perception trumps intention.

2006 Exomax w/Agingcrossbower Custom Stock
20" Easton Powerbolts w/125gr Trophy Ridge Stricknines & 2"Blazers
Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen
chris4570

Post by chris4570 »

Does the Vixen have what it takes???

Here's a link to the Ontario record moose and story....
http://www.frow.ca/moosexbow.htm
You can take the man out of the woods but you can't take the woods out of the man.

"Celebrate your harvest with a Bloodtrail Ale(tm)!!"
"It CAN Be Done!"
bkisel

Post by bkisel »

Not a Guru but please allow me this input. Based on what you've said/asked you need not have read past the Dutchhunter's post. Don't see how you can refute the logic of getting the same CB for a BU. I've made the same decision with respect to carry guns so I'm walking the talk.

Take care...
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

Just occured to me, [after I answered your pm] I can't see a need for a back up w/ Excal. I, and many others have called Danny during season and had a problem solving package here the 2nd day after call.

Having said that, I'm looking for a Vixen "back-up" for my kid. Really, no foolin, I probably won't ever shoot it, lol. :D :D :D
Long Trang

Post by Long Trang »

awshucks wrote:Just occured to me, [after I answered your pm] I can't see a need for a back up w/ Excal. I, and many others have called Danny during season and had a problem solving package here the 2nd day after call.

Having said that, I'm looking for a Vixen "back-up" for my kid. Really, no foolin, I probably won't ever shoot it, lol. :D :D :D
You are always quite the gentleman Dan. I really look forward to meeting you in person here in a bit' :D
Boo

Post by Boo »

If you want back up for a trip to Africa, bring a set of limbs and a string. A bit extreme but I think no one could need more for a trip to Africa. Around home, just take an extra string, extra rope cocker and a stringing aid.
Last edited by Boo on Tue Jul 28, 2009 6:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
spitfire125

Post by spitfire125 »

THE BEST BOW ...VIXEN!!!
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

Long Trang wrote:
awshucks wrote:Just occured to me, [after I answered your pm] I can't see a need for a back up w/ Excal. I, and many others have called Danny during season and had a problem solving package here the 2nd day after call.

You are always quite the gentleman Dan. I really look forward to meeting you in person here in a bit' :D
Nah, keep the nasty hid alot, lol. Thanks for the nice words though, btw, solved that seat problem today.
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

i have a vixen, she is the best overall, nuff said. back-up consists of on hand set of limbs couple strings 2 rope cockers and 2 scopes.
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315