Brass Insert HELP

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

cajun

Brass Insert HELP

Post by cajun »

I purchased some brass inserts from Wyvern Creations to install on Easton Firebolts. I removed the aluminum insert but the brass inserts will not seat fully. They go in up to the last ring on the insert but will go no further. I tried putting pressure but that didn't work. Am I doing something wrong or did I order the wrong insert? The one I ordered says it is the brass insert for Easton Crossbow Arrows.

Any assistance is greatly appreciated....
MidTnHunter

Post by MidTnHunter »

I had the same problem found there was still some glue inside shaft. I use a long threaded screw as a file to smooth inside shaft. This took very little pressure.
Equinox with S5
SpitFires 100 gr with brass inserts
Leupold Crossbones Scope
ACF Member - 2009
diesel

Post by diesel »

I was thinking the same thing about the glue inside the shaft. Can use a drill bit by hand too. Then use a brass brush like you would use to clean a gun .
Wyvern Crossbow

Post by Wyvern Crossbow »

The inserts are the same OD along the entire length...if it goes in part way, it will go in all the way, so there must be some glue holding it back. Not uncommon...:)
Wyvern
Cossack

Post by Cossack »

michiganman just posted above to use a round chainsaw file to remove the glue.
Makes sense to me.
cajun

THANKS...

Post by cajun »

I appreciate all the replies. I used a drill bit by hand and that did the trick for me. It must have been a ridge of glue that was at the back end of the original aluminum insert. Now to shoot a few with the new inserts...

Thanks again....