Question on bolts

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Cworetired

Question on bolts

Post by Cworetired »

The local hardware store has Gold Tip Lazer-2 Graphite bolts for $48 a dozen. These have aluminum flat nocts and front insert with 5 inch vanes and the shaft is 20" long. Will this be a good bolt for my new Exocet 200. Thanks all
Cworetired

Post by Cworetired »

the inserts are aluminum. Why will this be a problem? Thanks for your heup on this
crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

its gonna depend on if they are the old arrows or the new stock.. The old series gold tips weighed 350 with a 100grain tip. The newer ones weigh about 320 with a 100 grain tip which is below the 350min for these bows.

Will they work, yes... would they be ideal and safe, its your call:)

48bucks for 12 fletched is a cheap price.. normally they are 40bucks per 6
Cworetired

Post by Cworetired »

I think they are old stock they are in a Excalibur 72 count box. They said they have had then awhile and what to move them. Going back to see if I can find out any more info
sumner4991

Post by sumner4991 »

I still have about a half dozen of those I shoot out of my Exomax. That's a good deal . . .I'd buy them. Of course, I shoot an expandable broadhead.
I'd rather wear out than rust out.
Perception trumps intention.

2006 Exomax w/Agingcrossbower Custom Stock
20" Easton Powerbolts w/125gr Trophy Ridge Stricknines & 2"Blazers
Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen
mikej

Post by mikej »

for that price i would buy them and change the inserts if you wanted brass
If guns cause crime, all of mine are defective
diesel

Post by diesel »

If you don't owen the stuff to reweight the arrows for better FOC let me know . I can add some weight to the front and put some 3" fletching on them for you.
I'm sure that there are others here that would help out as well.
Cossack

Post by Cossack »

It's a god buy at thae price. I got these the first time I bought arrow, still shoot some. Just remember not to mix them with your other GT's as they will be heavier and hit to a different point of impact. They had me scratching my head.....until I weighed them. :D
crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

Cossack wrote:It's a god buy at thae price. I got these the first time I bought arrow, still shoot some. Just remember not to mix them with your other GT's as they will be heavier and hit to a different point of impact. They had me scratching my head.....until I weighed them. :D
I had as much as 40grains difference in weight between the old and new.. thats why I had to stop putting aluminun inserts in since the newer shafts dont meet the min weight specs