String Question

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Jim22

String Question

Post by Jim22 »

A while back I bought a Fast Flite Flemish String, the black and gray one, for my Vixen to see if I could get a few more fps out of it. I put it on the bow and just couldn't get believe all the black stain I had gotten on my hands so I took it back off and put it up. Anyhow I was out shooting the other day and thought about giving it another try, but there's that stain again. Question is: What can I do to this string to get it to stop bleeding black all over the place? Would like to give it another try or maybe just buy a Boo string to get a few more fps. Thanks for any info.

Jim
Boo

Post by Boo »

The black stain is from the Angel Majesty serving. You might want to try a really soft string lube like Daltons http://www.daltonarchery.com/Wax.htm
And paste it on, leave it on over night and then gently rub it off with a cloth. It really is a good serving and the black does no harm. If it were me I would just give the deck a light spray of silicone and rub it off.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
Jim22

Post by Jim22 »

Thanks Boo. I might give that a try and see what happens. Right now I'm using a factory dacron string which hasn't stretched a bit since I put it on the bow and I'm getting right around 260 fps. What would you recommend in one of your strings for the Vixen and would I pick up enough fps to justify it? My arrows weigh around 380 grains or so in the carbons and around 420 in alum. Thanks.

Jim
Cossack

Post by Cossack »

I hear Don makes great strings but he don't do magic. A Vixen is a Vixen, you may pick up 5-10 feet with a minimum strand Flemish string and lighter arrows. If speed were my desired effect, I'd change to a higher pull weight bow, like Vortex.
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

but he don't do magic

Boo do too! :lol: :lol: :lol:
"Eze 18:21"
Jim22

Post by Jim22 »

Thanks for all the info. I looked at the other bows but to tell the truth about it "I Love the Vixen!!" A little more speed wouldn't hurt but when I weigh the facts for me the Vixen is a little quiter and a little lighter than most and balances real well for me. I'm not a real big person and the bow doesn't overpower me. It's fun to shoot and easy on the back and shoulders. And at 20 yards it blows through deer pretty good. In the speed department I was just curious what it would do with a faster string. Anyhow, I'm going to wear some gloves and see what the FFF string does, might get a Boo string later. Thanks again.

Jim
dick195252

Post by dick195252 »

I love my Boo string[img][img]http://i263.photobucket.com/albums/ii13 ... ring-6.jpg[/img][/img]Its pretty too :wink:
Exomax, Lumizone, Boo String, NRA, ACf, Member, [Proud Grandpa!!!]