split limbs w/cams verses recurve limbs

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

chamboski

split limbs w/cams verses recurve limbs

Post by chamboski »

I own one of the very first Maxpoints to come out. I guess it was the union of Jennings/Excaibur. My crossbow shoots great. I shoot a carbon bolt and 100gr slick trick broadheads that Dan from Ohio reccomended to me a few years ago. It has a 175lb pull (I think) and I have shot the combination at 310+fps through the chronograph. I was thinking of updating and getting me a new Excalibur, and giving my Maxpoint to my son-in-law. I called Excalibur and Dan from Ohio. They both have limbs if my limbs ever break, and Dan has cables and strings. I have decided to keep mine. Will Excalibur ever make a limb/cam crossbow again?
Grizzly Adam

Re: split limbs w/cams verses recurve limbs

Post by Grizzly Adam »

chamboski wrote: Will Excalibur ever make a limb/cam crossbow again?
Couldn't say, but I'll bet Bill T. or the Excal Dude can! Send 'em a PM!

And WELCOME TO THE FORUM :D :D ... if I haven't welcomed you already!

We're getting so many new faces on here so fast that it's hard to keep track! LOL :lol: :lol:
Grizz
mikej

Post by mikej »

welcome
If guns cause crime, all of mine are defective
SPITFIRE

Post by SPITFIRE »

welcome aboard.You already have the best xbow :shock: and your looking for another excalibur. :D Seems to me your doing everything right :D
I am a hunter and proud of it.
Cossack

Post by Cossack »

I hope not. They have a good thing going. Can change strings on my Excals with just a Stringer. Had to build a press to change strings on my compound.
Not more accurate and lots more to go wrong.
flintman

Post by flintman »

Welcome. And that s one of the reasons I chose an Excalibur was the simplicity of the limbs and overall design and also their awesome trigger.
Vortex
Varizone
Wasp
South Central Kentucky
Chuck Gravel

Post by Chuck Gravel »

Flintman said exactly what i was going to say. some companies are for compounds and one is for recurves
Excalibur Equinox
Lumi-Zone
Viper-X- Strings
NGSS (newguy)
vortex pro extreme 125
Boo

Post by Boo »

If Excalibur ever wants to break the 400 ft/sec barrier for market share reasons they will probably have to go to cables. On the other hand the Exomax took an Elephant and animals don't come any bigger so there is no practical need. On the other hand the Paradox which was made by Excalibur and Bear could break the 400 mark. It's all about a business decision by the powers that be.
Some people just like stepping on rakes