hey Canadians??????

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

TPM

Post by TPM »

If you are over the one hundred grand mark you are taxed around 47 %.
Just to clarify, that's the rate for the money you make over $100,000. The money you make up to that point is still taxed at the incremental rate starting at 17%.
And guess what, there is no line. Immediate seating, even though that table for one is the operating table.
I would hazard to guess that that's because a large number of people can't afford to be there in the first place.
The most important blood trail leads to the Cross...

Phoenix
HHA Optimizer
Hawke scope
Boo strings
Boo tuned trigger
warningshot

Post by warningshot »

yes we get taxed to the hilt ... eg... a decent 24 of beer of cans is over 40 bucks canadian ....canadian excalibur crossbows shipped to the usa are cheaper than one bought local ....lots of waste in our health care and who pays for that ..tax payers ...
sits in trees

Post by sits in trees »

Mike P wrote:Health care and taxes, it's all in the eye of the beholder. Anyway you look at it, one truth still rises above all others, there is no free lunch.

And from this posters eye, I would like to keep what I have! I have always been aware of tax rates in Canada versus the US. But you have to look under the surface. The Canadian tax laws differ greatly from those of the US. For instance the home interest mortgage deduction is one of the most coveted reductions to income available here in the states. No such deal in Canada to the best of my knowledge. And there are so many more.

If I were to take my annual income and transplant myself from southwestern Ohio into one of the provinces my tax bill would increase significantly. In fact, it would increase to an amount that is well beyond what I pay for my healthcare insurance plan for my wife and me. And I have access to some of the highest tech and world renowned facilities in Cincinnati and a short drive up I-71 to the Cleveland Clinic. And guess what, there is no line. Immediate seating, even though that table for one is the operating table.

I will not comment here in this thread about the proposed health care plan being put forth here in the states by the morons we elected to represent us. Politics should be kept down in that dark place we call "other topics."

Many residents of the United States are very happy with our system.

I am one of them.
ahhh the good old American attitude of "i got mine too the hell with the rest, yea that was ok about 20 years ago but the rest has grown to numbers you can no longer ignore, too many people uninsured in this country, and people losing homes because they got sick, very sad in a country like this.
a good freind of mine can't afford the heart medicine that he needs to keep himself alive because he had the condition before he got his insurance and the dirt bag insurance carrier won't pay a dime of it, his meds add up 87% of his gross income per month. , nice HUH!!!
so before you go around babbling yea i like my health care and all is fine, think of the masses my freind, because it's the masse that one day will be the end of "you" if your not nice :twisted:
bkisel

Post by bkisel »

:oops:
Somebody please move this thread to "Other Topics"!
Mike P

Post by Mike P »

sits in trees wrote: so before you go around babbling yea i like my health care and all is fine
Wow, I thought I stated my position very succinct and clearly. That it differs from your position is not cause to construe it as "babbling."

I always thought differing positions on topics here in the forum were met with interest and added perspectives from different viewpoints.

I guess I was wrong.
wheelie

Post by wheelie »

When I go to Michigan for August nascar race every year (leaving week from tomorrow) I always buy extra insurance. Sure don't want to get stuck with a whopping medical bill if something goes wrong. Looking forward to the custom officers again. :roll: :roll:
LeGrand

Post by LeGrand »

[quote="taureau noir"]I'm from Quebec, we are the most taxed Province.The minimum rate is 33% if you earn over $13,000. gross ,plus close to $400. per year for medicare.
Plus you have to add 15% fed.and prov.taxes on about everything except food.
Taureau noir[/quote]

I also live in "La Belle Province de Taxes"

And yes if food is package you do pay taxes on it.

Even buying soft drinks, you pay for the case of Pepsi (if it is still fresh with gas in it), plus deposit, then you are taxes on everything "Total", but the nyou have to return your empty cans for the refund. You get the value of the can, not the tax you paid on it, plus be lucky if you find a recycling machine taht works.

Now don't get me started on the Federal and Quebec income tax system. Especially on our 7-8 hour wait in the emergency room for Health care.

My wife and I and our kids haven't had a family doctor for over 5 years. We are on a waiting list (we were told it would maybe take 10 years to obtain one, if the Health system improves).

Yeah I can see that.

:evil:
Old Indian saying, if a leaf falls from a tree in the woods the turkey will see it, the deer will hear it, the bear will smell it, the moose will not eat it, but be on the look-out for LeGrand.