No serial number on crossbow ?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

DARTONATOR

No serial number on crossbow ?

Post by DARTONATOR »

Just bought a brand new 2009 Exomax and couldent be more excited ! Was wondering why there wasn't a serial number somewhere on the bow itself.
The units are expensive enough and should be treated as such. I think that I might take the precious little gem in to the jewellers and have him scribe a number on the back of the trigger, this might help if I should ever need it for insurance purposes or even going over the Border.
lscha

Post by lscha »

WELCOME DARTONATOR! Image
Laura
Vixen II/Optimizer/RamCats/NGSS
Camx
Boo strings, top mounts
[url]http://www.michigancrossbowfederation.org[/url]
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Michigan-Crossbow-Federation/122974954384381
Undertaker

Post by Undertaker »

Congratulations on your acquisition. This is a great site to learn all about your bow and what it will do for you.
Just an over informed newbie with a misinformation spreading disorder- and a Vortex
MPSNIPER

Post by MPSNIPER »

I'd much rather inscribe my own serial number to keep for insurance records then to have the manufacturer start putting them on. If our Gov't caught wind of serial numbers on archery equipment....guess what's next on the registration $hit list?
-Michael.
"like a hound...he hunts in his dreams"
mikej

Post by mikej »

welcome to the forum
If guns cause crime, all of mine are defective
DARTONATOR

Post by DARTONATOR »

I like the idea that we need to stay ahead of the Government. One of the guys at our workplace got charged for domestic assault and he had to give up his guns and crossbow for five years. In the meantime, he went out and bought a compound bow and was legally able to use it. What gives with this situation. It was as if they were treating the crossbow as a firearm. That seems wrong ! By the way, I live in Ontario.
dick195252

Post by dick195252 »

Welcome to the forum. I guess you received your answer allready. It is a very good reason there are no serial numbers on our magnificent bows.
Exomax, Lumizone, Boo String, NRA, ACf, Member, [Proud Grandpa!!!]