Excalibur case

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

flightattendant100

Excalibur case

Post by flightattendant100 »

What kind of case does everyone use for their Excalibur crossbow? I noticed that Excalibur sells more than one model and several other manufacturers advertise them as well.Also being one of the newest of the newbies, I would like to thank you all for a great forum. It is full of the kind of infomation that I need, and is a big part of the reason that I decided on an Excalibur in the first place. Thanks again.
dick195252

Post by dick195252 »

I use the plain old Fabric padded case. But i do not do much traveling{99% of my hunting is in my back yard} if i did i think i would want one to protect it from banging around. Hoped that helped a little.
Exomax, Lumizone, Boo String, NRA, ACf, Member, [Proud Grandpa!!!]
bbbwb

Excalibur Case

Post by bbbwb »

I use the plain fabric case(unpadded). I have looked at the padded cases but as with the padded gun cases, they are too bulky to handle after walking into hunting stand. Also should you decide to "still hunt" a padded case is a nuisance to carry.
However, if one is travelling by vehicle with other hunters it might be worth the peace of mind to have a padded or hard case to use. This would offer better protection to equipment. In this scenario, I would have the plain fabric case to carry crossbow outside of shooting times as one is walking from and to the vehicle.

bbbwb
lscha

Post by lscha »

WELCOME Flightattendant100!Image
I use the soft padded case but I found that my old compound hard case works fine for extended travel by removing the limbs.
Laura
Vixen II/Optimizer/RamCats/NGSS
Camx
Boo strings, top mounts
[url]http://www.michigancrossbowfederation.org[/url]
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Michigan-Crossbow-Federation/122974954384381
bob1961

Post by bob1961 »

i used a compound bow hard case and modified it to fit my exocet that a member here did, plus i added the clear box with nuts and bolts to hold what ever i need to go hunting....just 2 screws to take the riser off and i'm good to go, just don't overtighten them as to strip the threads :wink: .................bob

exocet 200. STS dampers.
boo string and trigger work.
munch mount quiver mount.
125 gr slick trick magums.
2" blazers on 2117 XX75 w/ brass inserts.
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

I use the Plano, never had to cut my case though? I actually bought two cases, I wanted the extra foam and straps. :D

If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
mikej

Post by mikej »

i use the camo cloth zippered case
If guns cause crime, all of mine are defective
bucont

Post by bucont »

I use the padded excal or a cloth. It depends on where I am going and how far I need to carry it. The lighter the better on long hauls.
Axiom SMF
Munch mount
MeadowBrooke Game Calls
LCCA
bkisel

Post by bkisel »

Hi,

Would the Excalibur CB handle break-down and set-up for say no more than 4 trips a year? If it could I'd be able to get by with a bow case, like shown above, or a double gun case and not have to invest in a CB case.

Thanks...

Ps. Though I don't use it often I love the break-down feature of my Bob Lee hybrind longbow. Makes for nice compact transportation.
cdup

Post by cdup »

This is what I use!

Respect everyone, but fear no one
Dereck

Post by Dereck »

bob1961 wrote:i used a compound bow hard case and modified it to fit my exocet that a member here did, plus i added the clear box with nuts and bolts to hold what ever i need to go hunting....just 2 screws to take the riser off and i'm good to go, just don't overtighten them as to strip the threads :wink: .................bob

That's some good thinking on the stirup going through the handle Excellent work.
I think I will get myself one of those.
Tenpoint Matrix
skamaniac

Post by skamaniac »

I also use a compound case & remove the limbs for extended trips but for around the hood i just put a short cable lock (the type you get for a hand gun) around the string and through the stirup and put it in my back seat. Keeps me legal.
'Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who did not.'
bkisel

Post by bkisel »

skamaniac wrote:I also use a compound case & remove the limbs for extended trips but for around the hood i just put a short cable lock (the type you get for a hand gun) around the string and through the stirup and put it in my back seat. Keeps me legal.
About how often do you find yourself using the compound bow case? Do you unstring or must you keep it strng in order to fit the case?

Thanks...
Coffee Break

Post by Coffee Break »

I use the Excalibur padded one like this one:
http://www.excaliburcrossbow.com/demo/m ... ent_id=120
I was going to say I dislike the side storage as the zipper is on the bottom and when you open it every thing falls out. But by the looks of the picture they just sewed mine on upside down or they have changed it from last year. It also needs more padding around the scope area and hard plastic behind the padding in the scope area for my likes.
Cossack

Post by Cossack »

I'm lucky. Most of the time I sling mine across my back, hop on the 4 wheeler and take off from home...or walk to the blind. If I do transport, it's in a soft padded case. Guess if I wee to fly or ship my bows it would be different.