eBay Exocet & Miller Right Stuff

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

bkisel

eBay Exocet & Miller Right Stuff

Post by bkisel »

:D Well after reading and posting here I bought (won the bid) an Exocet off eBay and ordered a Right Stuff package from Danny Miller. :D

The Exocet is a new 2009 which was “won” with a high bid of $350.99 USD + $11.85 shipping. [BTW also noticed a new Exocet “buy it now” for $417 and I think some cents.]

Just this morning ordered a “modified” Right Stuff package from Danny Miller. Because of and with the help of what I’ve learned here I knew I didn’t want the standard arrows with the 150 grains tips so asked for and will be getting Dan’s arrows with brass inserts and 100 gr. Muzzy’s. Got the Vari-Zone scope but might not be using it for hunting. Thinking of using a Red Dot, which I already have, for hunting and using the scope off season to target practice out to 50 yards. Danny mentioned and I went for a quick disconnect fitting for the stock end of the quiver bracket. Asked about the weight of the finished arrows - 415 grains - which sounds to me like not to heavy and not to light.

Thanks folks for all your help in bringing me up to speed on Excalibur bows and accessories. I know that there are trade offs and compromises between the choices I’ve settled on and others I considered but I’m confident that what I’m putting together will serve me well.

Oh, one negative. I had hand surgery 2 Friday’s ago and some aggressive cutting was needed to hopefully correct the problems I was having. I will try rigging some kind of wrist straps to the cocking rope so I can get shooting sooner than later.

Take care…
groundpounder

Post by groundpounder »

Congratulations on your purchase.
Thinking about your rope cocker suggestion. I think it would be pretty easy to do the adaptation that you are mentioning. Try getting some nylon webbing material about an inch wide and cut to a good unough length to wrap around your wrist at the angle it would be pulling. Punch a grommet ring in each end of the strap. Then take your rope cocker and remove the handles. Take the ends of the rope now and pass through both gromets letting the webbing strap make a loop. Then knot the end of your rope.
Another suggestion maybe is to try and find an already clip of some sort to be able to pass the webbing through making your loop and to also be able to tie the rope off to.
I like the idea of using your wrists to pull the rope cocker versus pulling the handles. It would then be more like a release used when drawing back a vertical bow.
Why ride when you can walk!
bkisel

Post by bkisel »

groundpounder wrote:Congratulations on your purchase.
Thinking about your rope cocker suggestion. I think it would be pretty easy to do the adaptation that you are mentioning. Try getting some nylon webbing material about an inch wide and cut to a good unough length to wrap around your wrist at the angle it would be pulling. Punch a grommet ring in each end of the strap. Then take your rope cocker and remove the handles. Take the ends of the rope now and pass through both gromets letting the webbing strap make a loop. Then knot the end of your rope.
Another suggestion maybe is to try and find an already clip of some sort to be able to pass the webbing through making your loop and to also be able to tie the rope off to.
I like the idea of using your wrists to pull the rope cocker versus pulling the handles. It would then be more like a release used when drawing back a vertical bow.
Thanks! What you've described is what I have in mind. Actualy have wrist straps already that could be adapted. One set is from my universal gym and the second from a rope chain saw used to trim high tree limbs. Could also take a day off from work and hook up with one of my retired friends from the archery club to which I belong.

Take care...
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

Congrats! That's a great price. Enjoy! Hope you heal quick.
"Eze 18:21"
sneak

Post by sneak »

So you are the lucky bidder! I had that auction on my watch list and actually bid on it once. I wasn't really serious, just fishing for a bargain. :lol: Congrats! You got a great bow at a great price! It will serve you well.
Exocet 200
Vari-Zone Scope
Gold Tip Laser II Arrows
Rage 2 blade crossbow broadheads
S5 Suppression System
Flemish Dyna Flight String
bkisel

Post by bkisel »

sneak wrote:So you are the lucky bidder! I had that auction on my watch list and actually bid on it once. I wasn't really serious, just fishing for a bargain. :lol: Congrats! You got a great bow at a great price! It will serve you well.
Oh, so if it were not for your bid I could have gotten it even cheaper? :lol:
sneak

Post by sneak »

bkisel wrote:
sneak wrote:So you are the lucky bidder! I had that auction on my watch list and actually bid on it once. I wasn't really serious, just fishing for a bargain. :lol: Congrats! You got a great bow at a great price! It will serve you well.
You should thank me! If you had gotten it any cheaper you would have trouble sleeping at night! :wink: :lol:
Exocet 200
Vari-Zone Scope
Gold Tip Laser II Arrows
Rage 2 blade crossbow broadheads
S5 Suppression System
Flemish Dyna Flight String
bkisel

Post by bkisel »

sneak wrote:
bkisel wrote:
You should thank me! If you had gotten it any cheaper you would have trouble sleeping at night! :wink: :lol:
:lol: Thank you!
liaf

Post by liaf »

Good luck with your exocet and you got it at a great price. If you are willing to put in the time on e-bay and get lucky you can get some great deals on on xbows. Both of mine were purchased off e-bay and I was fortunate to get a great price on my phoenix and vortex. FWIW hunting season is a good time for deals. I think an Emax or Equinox is on my wish list this fall.
Vortex, Boo String, Zeiss Z-Point --Phoenix, Boo String, Zeiss Z-Point.
mikej

Post by mikej »

congrats on your new bow
If guns cause crime, all of mine are defective
VixChix

Post by VixChix »

(deleted)
Last edited by VixChix on Wed Aug 05, 2009 10:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Vixen, Micro 315, HHA Optimizer, Boo & VixenMaster strings, Munch Mounts, Dr. Stirrup accessories.
VixChix

Post by VixChix »

Did you just have surgery on one of your hands? If so, then it's possible to use a rope cocker with just one hand. One our members here does it that way. Check out the post by HW in this thread:
http://www.excaliburcrossbow.com/phpBB2 ... ht=#242403

Here are the directions quoted from Excalibur's FAQ's on their main website: http://www.excaliburcrossbow.com/demo/l ... gory_id=70

"# I only have one arm that I can use to cock my Excalibur, is there a way that I can use a rope cocking aid?
Theres a way to use our rope cocking aid with one hand that's slick and easy. First you make the rope short enough that you have to pull down about 2" on the second hook to attach it . Next, cut a slot about 3/16" to a 1/4" hole that you drilled through the stock 2" down from the top of and thru the butt plate just to the left of the web for right handers and opposite for lefties. Counter sink the back (butt) side as the handle on the rope cocking aid has to sit into this arrangement . To cock the bow put the rope on, pull the one handle on the side with the slot back and into the slot to rest, then grab the opposite handle and pull up on it to finish cocking the bow. Works like a charm, but it's easier done than said! "
Vixen, Micro 315, HHA Optimizer, Boo & VixenMaster strings, Munch Mounts, Dr. Stirrup accessories.
bkisel

Post by bkisel »

Thanks for the info VixChix but I hope to be back near 100% within a month or so. I'll manage somehow or in worst case invest in that crank device.

Take care...
DeepSouthHunter

Post by DeepSouthHunter »

Congratulations on your purchase. You will love the Exocet. I bought mine off of Ebay as well and got a great deal. I hope you have a speedy recovery on that hand!
Exocet 200 with "THE RIGHT STUFF" STANDARD PACKAGE
bkisel

Post by bkisel »

DeepSouthHunter wrote:Congratulations on your purchase. You will love the Exocet. I bought mine off of Ebay as well and got a great deal. I hope you have a speedy recovery on that hand!
Thanks.

Saw the Dr. today on the way home from work. He is pleased with the progress I'm making but decided because of the amount of swelling to wait another week before removing the stiches. Other than the 3 times a week physical therapy I'm to do no manual labor. He figures a month or so before I'm good to go.

Take care...