Protected Species?????

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

dick195252

Protected Species?????

Post by dick195252 »

This is protected at our house. I had too give some concessions to the little lady so i can shoot deer. We get along in every aspect of our Great marriage and Partnership except the Hunting. She is a true animal lover. But as all Great relationships do. You work it out. So i do not Hunt Bunnys or squirrels and she hushes about Deer hunting. Any one else like to share there stories? There is a fine line here so be carefull what you might share :lol: [img][img]http://i263.photobucket.com/albums/ii13 ... 009-07.jpg[/img][/img]
Exomax, Lumizone, Boo String, NRA, ACf, Member, [Proud Grandpa!!!]
bkisel

Post by bkisel »

My wife loves having the freezer full of venison but doesn’t want to hear any of the details about how it got there. Because of her bird feeders she’s grown to dislike squirrels and I’ve been able to shoot quit a few with my longbow and a compound I once had.

Take care…
Galgo

Post by Galgo »

Wife is ok with it all except baiting for bears. Her personal opinion and she is entitled. Don't mean i won't do it though. I won't stop her from watching "so you think you can dance " either.

F
B-Logger

Post by B-Logger »

My wife used to hunt but due to some physical problems hasn't hunted for some time now. But the rule here has always been that within 100 yards from the house most game is off limits. Exceptions naturally are coons and chipmunks. Sometimes squirrels and rabbits if they are causing problems. But don't you dare shoot a deer within sight of the house! She'd be hot for sure and not in a good way.
Keep smiling!
Dennis
Cossack

Post by Cossack »

My wife (of 45 years) realizes that her love for animals is equally fervent as my love for hunting. So, she does not abuse animals and I hunt....without concessions. And, since I particularly enjoy cooking, she has no problem with me doing that either. :lol:
mikej

Post by mikej »

my wife is ok with everything , she even comes with me sometimes and also helps skin, cut and wrap the meat as well as takes the pics
If guns cause crime, all of mine are defective
wabi

Post by wabi »

It's more like an endangered species list around here.
My wife comes up with suggestions all the time, like recently when she said, "I sure would like to have a snapping turtle to cook."
What can you do but try to fulfill their wishes, I caught her a turtle & cleaned it for her.
It made a good meal, too. :wink: :lol: :lol:
wabi
wheelie

Post by wheelie »

My wife wouldn't let me hunt bunnies. To solve the problem I got a beagle. She always wanted a puppy. She knows now that is what they love to do. She now has no problem with me hunting bunnies. So now I got a second beagle. Used to shoot my bows in backyard everyday but then I had a dream one night that my oldest dog stepped infront of arrow on way to target. Have not shot it since. :shock: :shock:
Wife kows thats what I enjoy going out with my dogs hunting. Even took my 2 month pup turkey hunting to sit in my blind with me, Didn't go to well No Turkey. I was to busy chasing my escaping puppy LOL
Farmer

Post by Farmer »

My wife told me the bunny's were off limits around the house as well . Until 2 winters back . The little demons girded my wifes new flowering crab apple trees and her new apple and cherry trees . Was she mad when she saw the damage . Now its kill the little monsters :D :D
R.J.

Post by R.J. »

:lol: :lol:
So I do not Hunt Bunnys or squirrels and she hushes about Deer hunting
:lol: :lol:

Great comprimise ! :lol: :lol: Gotta keep the peace !
See Ya. ... R.J. > " Remember , Trophies are measured by the time and energy expended to get them , not the size or quantity of the quarry "
lscha

Post by lscha »

WELCOME Bugs!!Image
Keep us up to date on your new bow!!
Laura
Vixen II/Optimizer/RamCats/NGSS
Camx
Boo strings, top mounts
[url]http://www.michigancrossbowfederation.org[/url]
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Michigan-Crossbow-Federation/122974954384381
VixChix

Post by VixChix »

I envy all of you with the amazing wildlife shows in the backyard! It's been really neat to see all the posts and pics. Would love to live that close to such variety!

The wildest our backyard gets is when the dogs chase a squirrel. :roll:
Vixen, Micro 315, HHA Optimizer, Boo & VixenMaster strings, Munch Mounts, Dr. Stirrup accessories.