It Has Arrived!

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

bkisel

It Has Arrived!

Post by bkisel »

No, not another kid - my very first crossbow. Its name is Exocet and I'm told it weighs around 6 1/2 lbs (or is it 200 lbs. ? :) ). Unfortunately I'm at work (well kinda, been spending time watching the UPS tracking data) and its at home. Shucks, just remembered I need to go to physical therapy after work and before heading home. Oh the agony! :D

Ref:
Location Date Local Time Description
WATERTOWN , CT , US 08/07/2009 1:00 P.M. DELIVERY
08/07/2009 6:26 A.M. OUT FOR DELIVERY
08/07/2009 4:30 A.M. ARRIVAL SCAN
STRATFORD , CT , US 08/07/2009 2:35 A.M. DEPARTURE SCAN
STRATFORD , CT , US 08/06/2009 4:27 P.M. ARRIVAL SCAN
COLUMBUS , OH , US 08/06/2009 1:26 A.M. DEPARTURE SCAN
COLUMBUS , OH , US 08/05/2009 4:07 P.M. ARRIVAL SCAN
EARTH CITY , MO , US 08/05/2009 5:54 A.M. DEPARTURE SCAN
EARTH CITY , MO , US 08/04/2009 10:46 P.M. ORIGIN SCAN
US 08/04/2009 4:37 P.M. BILLING INFORMATION RECEIVED

Take care...
lscha

Post by lscha »

:lol: :lol: You are as bad as I am!! Before I retired as a Postmaster, I had all packages delivered to my post office because I couldn't wait till I got home.
Congratulations on your new arrival. Now put it's picture along with the kid's.
Laura
Vixen II/Optimizer/RamCats/NGSS
Camx
Boo strings, top mounts
[url]http://www.michigancrossbowfederation.org[/url]
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Michigan-Crossbow-Federation/122974954384381
sumner4991

Post by sumner4991 »

You are looking a little weak . . .you need to take the rest of the day off! Go home, go directly home. :lol: 8)
I'd rather wear out than rust out.
Perception trumps intention.

2006 Exomax w/Agingcrossbower Custom Stock
20" Easton Powerbolts w/125gr Trophy Ridge Stricknines & 2"Blazers
Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen
Limbs and Sticks

Post by Limbs and Sticks »

sumner4991 wrote:You are looking a little weak . . .you need to take the rest of the day off! Go home, go directly home. :lol: 8)

I hope you don't wreck or have some kind of a break down, or 2or3 tickets before you get there :lol: CONGRATS

Wes
"Maxine"
1.75x5 Burris scope
Boo string
STS
Feathered easton 2020's
Magnus stingers
dick195252

Post by dick195252 »

I would be on my way no matter what. Your a better man than I :wink: . Congratulations on a very fine weapon you have aquired. Some kid pictures would be nice to see.
Exomax, Lumizone, Boo String, NRA, ACf, Member, [Proud Grandpa!!!]
Gimpaw

Post by Gimpaw »

I bought the same bow. I shot it for the first time today. It was a blast.
I'm not sure what your ailments are, but I go to physical therapy as well... for my back.

I've found that by sitting in a chair to cock the bow, there's far less back strain.

Have fun!
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

Nothing like opening up a new Excal package, we did one here yesterday. Congrats on a fine purchase, am sure you will get years of enjoyment from it.
"Eze 18:21"
liaf

Post by liaf »

Congrats on the new bow. Now go home tonite and watch the video on how to assembly it. Do not put it together tonite but do it on saturday. After you put it together on saturday just sit back, admire ,hold and caress it but wait till sunday to shoot it. After shooting it on sunday call in sick for monday so you can enjoy it again. :D
Vortex, Boo String, Zeiss Z-Point --Phoenix, Boo String, Zeiss Z-Point.
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

congrats, take it easy driving home!
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
mikej

Post by mikej »

congrats on the new bow
If guns cause crime, all of mine are defective
bkisel

Post by bkisel »

:D Even more good news! :D

Got home just before 6 PM and low and behold Dan's shipment of the "Right Stuff" package was also delivered. Looks like it shipped around noon Wednesday and it made it already!

My son has already unpacked everything and is chomping at the bit to put it all together and get shooting. Took a bit but I finally convinced him that it is my 65th BD present (from his Mom to me) and assembly will have to wait until tomorow. Assembly will be no problem for me but it is just my nature take it slow and revel in the assembly process.

More to follow.

Thanks everyone...
kmtpr

Post by kmtpr »

Congrats on your 1st crossbow. Nice choice. Have a great season. Good luck. :D
Am a non-hunting woman who supports hunting and crossbows!

I rather be hated for standing up for what I believe in, than be popular by going against my beliefs.

NRA Golden Eagles & ILA, NJOA
bkisel

Post by bkisel »

Well got up this morning @ ~ 5:30, showered, shaved, eat breakfast, made a dump run and then turned my attention to my new CB. Viewed the DVD assembly and info stuff before heading down to the basement. There was one fly in the ointment, the two screws for mounting the rear peep sight were nowhere to be found. I wanted to mount and sight in for twenty five yards this sight first before mounting and sighting in the Vari-Zone. Figure do that and have it as a backup sight. Not a biggie as I just went ahead and mounted the Vari-Zone.

Assembly went quick smooth but was unable to, with my bum hand, get the bow strung. Figured I'd just wait till my son got up and have him help me. Turns out my wife sprung a small surprise BD party on me, which she promised she wouldn't. Thankfully it was a small party as I would have hated it otherwise. Anyway, with help from my brother and several times needing to shorten the stringer the bow got strung. I was surprised how high the brace height started out, it was at least 1/2" above the line nearest the scope. Did some waxing and was able to notice stretching and lowering of the brace height.

Soon the afternoon picnic and before the cake us guys snuck off to do a little shooting. It was awesome! We were really more fam firing then attempting serious sighting in. Passing the bow around, shooting off hand @ 20 yards we all stayed within 6" of the quarter sized aiming spot. For sure I need some practice off by myself but that'll have to wait until my hand heals or I rig up some sort of wrist strap for the stringer.

Oh, the string on the stringer appears to be to short as my son who was doing all the cocking for us old guys had to pull the string up maybe 8" in order to get the second hook on - does this sound right to you or is the string to short?

Well all and all a nice day in spite of the surprise BD party.

Take care...
lscha

Post by lscha »

What a coincidence! Those 2 screws were missing when I got mine too. I very well might have used the peep site instead of the scope if I had assembled it first. I'll never know. I'm too happy with the VariZone now to try it. :lol: :lol:

TOO
Laura
Vixen II/Optimizer/RamCats/NGSS
Camx
Boo strings, top mounts
[url]http://www.michigancrossbowfederation.org[/url]
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Michigan-Crossbow-Federation/122974954384381
Doe Master
Site Admin

Post by Doe Master »

Congrats on your new pride and joy . :)
You`s should let Peter know about the absence of the screws for the sight .