quadruple lung shot

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

warningshot

quadruple lung shot

Post by warningshot »

these 2 were fawns last year that stuck together like glue ...bedded down in front of me a few times last year

Last edited by warningshot on Wed Aug 12, 2009 5:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dick195252

Post by dick195252 »

You sure would have a good chance at takeing both with one shot like that. Nice pictures keep them coming :) Love seeing deer in the wild.
Exomax, Lumizone, Boo String, NRA, ACf, Member, [Proud Grandpa!!!]
Fox

Post by Fox »

My uncle got one of those quad lung shots a number of years back, it was not on purpose but he was hunting in a gang and they had a number of anteress tags. He was on a drive and saw one deer, shot and there were two blood trails, two twin yearlings with one shot from an excalibur.
mikej

Post by mikej »

nice pics
If guns cause crime, all of mine are defective
sumner4991

Post by sumner4991 »

Never seen a two headed deer before. Nice . :lol:
I'd rather wear out than rust out.
Perception trumps intention.

2006 Exomax w/Agingcrossbower Custom Stock
20" Easton Powerbolts w/125gr Trophy Ridge Stricknines & 2"Blazers
Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen
rt2bowhunter

Post by rt2bowhunter »

Nice pic we have a early doe season this year. I think im going to take a young deer.
warningshot

Post by warningshot »

these two were way to small this last year but this year is a different story...not sure if i could split them up though ....
warningshot

Post by warningshot »

i'm still seeing these two together ......one ended up being a small spiker......here's a pic now of them

ninepointer

Post by ninepointer »

I know that Warningshot's post is simply meant to show a very interesting photo of deer, but it raises the question: If adequately licensed, would one actually take a shot at 2 deer standing side by side like that? I've seen arrows do funny things upon entry, could a person really rely on a straight pass-thru and adequate penetration? Complicate this with the downward angle of a shot from a tree stand. Before you form an answer in your mind, what if the front deer was THE BUCK you've been after for 2 years? Or imagine its the last day of a long, frustrating and deer-less hunting season and you'd really like some venison in your freezer. I'm not really interested in polling your personal answers. This just illustrates another one of those "tests" that we hunters are sometimes faced with.
Slick Trick 100 gr. Standard broadheads
Groundpounder Quiver Mount
warningshot

Post by warningshot »

just to clear the air ... i know its tough enough to get an arrow on one deer let alone two deer...i would never never never take that shot with a bow or a gun canon..i was more just posting pics for forum members enjoyment ...i guess i should change the title to something like...the twins

Last edited by warningshot on Tue Oct 27, 2009 2:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ninepointer

Post by ninepointer »

warningshot wrote:just to clear the air ... i know its tough enough to get an arrow on one deer let alone two ...i would never never never take that shot with a bow or a gun canon..i was more just posting pics for forum members enjoyment ...i guess i should change the title to something like...the twins
Warningshot,

Sorry if I sounded critical; didn't mean it that way. I think the title is just fine. Cool pics! Can't wait to get up your way in a couple weeks!
Slick Trick 100 gr. Standard broadheads
Groundpounder Quiver Mount
warningshot

Post by warningshot »

Warningshot,

Sorry if I sounded critical; didn't mean it that way. I think the title is just fine. Cool pics! Can't wait to get up your way in a couple weeks![/quote]

hey nine pointer ..no problem .... i made the post in the summer and was just updating, been seeing them for a year now and watching them grow ...i do have tags for both those deer but they aren't on my hit list ....
Peach

Post by Peach »

Let me guess, you have names for them now...can't shoot a deer with a name.
2008 Equinox - STS - Boo String
warningshot

Post by warningshot »

maybe i should name them peach...then i be able to pull the trigger for sure ...haha
BUS314

lol

Post by BUS314 »

Peach wrote:Let me guess, you have names for them now...can't shoot a deer with a name.
Barbie and Que
AKA-ChoctawBusGuy
Excal Phoenix
VariZone
GT II's w/ brass inserts
SlickTrick 125's
STS
Boo String
Double Bull DarkHorse