traper

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

dutchhunter

traper

Post by dutchhunter »

i just got sighned up for my trapping coures .canot wait to get ahter the beavers that have been messing up are littewl brown troutcreek the last few years .any other trappers on this sight DUTCH
addicted to canadian beaver
dick195252

Post by dick195252 »

No but you sure have my attention.. I would love to hear about your adventures in pursuit of OLD Bucktooth. Like to see a few pictures allso.
Exomax, Lumizone, Boo String, NRA, ACf, Member, [Proud Grandpa!!!]
Fox

Post by Fox »

I wish, I always thought that would be something awesome to do although I have heard there is no longer any money in it.
Limbs and Sticks

post sub

Post by Limbs and Sticks »

Fox wrote:I wish, I always thought that would be something awesome to do although I have heard there is no longer any money in it.

Hasn't been any money to speak of, the last good yrs in the us 1978/79, red fox paid 65$ those were good days :)

Wes
"Maxine"
1.75x5 Burris scope
Boo string
STS
Feathered easton 2020's
Magnus stingers
wabi

Post by wabi »

If legal where you trap, snares work great for beaver!
Here in Ohio I use snares almost exclusively (I also use an occasional bodygrip trap for beaver).
I make my own snares and use 3/32" cable for beaver and add at least two swivels. A drowning rig is the best bet, but a well swiveled snare will hold a live beaver for quite a while. I always check my line in the morning, so trapped animals aren't in the snare too long.
wabi
Shotnbeer

Post by Shotnbeer »

I've caught more fingers in #1 jumps than muskrats. Love to spend the time trapping and when I retire very shortly, maybe very shortly, I'll have a dozen set out somewhere.
dutchhunter

trap

Post by dutchhunter »

no snares up here most body grip traps must drowned them .we do have a lot of the toothy critters .thy bloc k up are littel fresh water streams and the water warms up an the littel brown trout do not like this.no we do not do it for the money .more for the tradition aand the loveof the outdoors DUTCH
addicted to canadian beaver
N8tr Boy

Post by N8tr Boy »

dutch
I got mine again last winter and when the license came in I was able to get 13 'rats and 7 'coons before season was over. The beaver are only getting $12 per pelt as our beaver down here is too brown, they would rather have a darker almost black for Europe. It is a lot of fun and scouting along the way for turkey and deer also.
Mark
Exomax
GT II Lazer arrows
125gr expandables
White Tiger 2" Blazer vanes
Chartruese Custom Boo string
Stricknine Expandables
Dabbling with Trad 55#
Mathews Q2 60-70#
Beman arrows