This Gal was a little upset

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

dick195252

This Gal was a little upset

Post by dick195252 »

[img][img]http://i263.photobucket.com/albums/ii13 ... ee-068.jpg[/img][/img] I have no idea why she just up and wanted to fight :o
Exomax, Lumizone, Boo String, NRA, ACf, Member, [Proud Grandpa!!!]
mikej

Post by mikej »

sassy old girl :lol: :lol:
If guns cause crime, all of mine are defective
Farmer

Post by Farmer »

Cool picture . Have only seen a couple does duke it out like that in the field once in my life time .
Esox

Post by Esox »

A few years back I had a couple of Does in front of me start fighting like that.. The big old Doe reared up and clocked the younger Doe right on top of her head.... Sounded like a baseball bat hitting a tree trunk... The young Doe almost went down for the count. She stood there for a couple of seconds with her head lowered and then just shook her head..... Funniest thing I've ever saw...I swear I saw little stars and angels circling around her head... I'm sure it was a lucky punch, but it probably made a lasting inpression on her....
Cossack

Post by Cossack »

They do tend to get testy at times. So much for the Bambi image.
ninepointer

Post by ninepointer »

Great pic!

A couple years ago while hanging stands in late summer I got to see a mad as heck doe chasing another doe all over a woodlot. The high-speed chase occasionally passed right under my tree and the 2 deer were oblivious to the backpack and other gear that I had lying on the ground. We all know that deer are agile, but the evasive manouvres that the "victim" was employing were pretty amazing to see.
Slick Trick 100 gr. Standard broadheads
Groundpounder Quiver Mount
dick195252

Post by dick195252 »

Bambi smambi she was upset[Lot like my better half once in a while when i act up :lol: :lol: }
Exomax, Lumizone, Boo String, NRA, ACf, Member, [Proud Grandpa!!!]
B-Logger

Post by B-Logger »

You will see that a lot if there is a good food source but little food there. One doe will try to get it all.

You'll also see this when a doe chases her last years fawn away when she is ready to drop this year's fawns.

Several years ago we had 8 deer come into the yard in late winter. One was a young buck and he got too close to our crab apple tree and a doe went after him. He ended up with a huge piece of hide hanging down off his neck and a big patch of bare skin. We saw that buck several times after that and he was doing fine.
Keep smiling!
Dennis
Kelley

Post by Kelley »

The only time I have seen this it was 3 does. Looked like they were doing a dance. All 3 on their hind legs flailing away.
Kelley
Exocet 200
Varizone
Boo String
Groundpounder Mount
Crazy Farmer's CowWhackers
STS
Spitfire
sumner4991

Post by sumner4991 »

ninepointer wrote:Great pic!

the 2 deer were oblivious to the backpack and other gear that I had lying on the ground.
Try being on the ground when they start chasing each other . . .I've come close to being stampeded a couple of times. In 2007, a buck was chasing a doe as I was stalking. I saw them coming from 300 yards away at full speed. I barely got my gun up before they were 10 yards away. The doe about fell trying to stop. They have tunnel vision when they get their mind on something.

I got the buck, by the way. He never knew what hit him . . .he was just glad the doe finally stopped. 8)
I'd rather wear out than rust out.
Perception trumps intention.

2006 Exomax w/Agingcrossbower Custom Stock
20" Easton Powerbolts w/125gr Trophy Ridge Stricknines & 2"Blazers
Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen
lscha

Post by lscha »

Reminds me of the time I took my mom to a spot off the edge of a corn field where I had been watching and snapping pics of deer in August.

I made her get up before dawn. She didn't like that too much. We walked to where I usually sit behind some fallen trees. We could sit and see over the trunks. The deer always came around the corner of the corn field about the same time every morning and I was confident this morning would be no different. As it got light I readied my camera and told her to watch the corner. All of a sudden 3 does came tearing around the corner and closed the 20 yard distance between the edge and us. We ducked and they jumped right over us. Mom about had a heart attack. I thought it was way cool. She didn't come sit with me anymore after that. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Nope, didn't get a picture.
Laura
Vixen II/Optimizer/RamCats/NGSS
Camx
Boo strings, top mounts
[url]http://www.michigancrossbowfederation.org[/url]
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Michigan-Crossbow-Federation/122974954384381
VixChix

Post by VixChix »

Hierarchy is a big thing between horses, each has their place and they're always jostling to move up the ladder - deer might be the same?
Vixen, Micro 315, HHA Optimizer, Boo & VixenMaster strings, Munch Mounts, Dr. Stirrup accessories.
sumner4991

Post by sumner4991 »

VixChix wrote:Hierarchy is a big thing between horses, each has their place and they're always jostling to move up the ladder - deer might be the same?
I believe so . . .I saw a group of seven bucks a few years ago. There was one very large 11 point that the others left alone. The rest took turns sparing.

Laura . . .that would have been a great picture. :D
I'd rather wear out than rust out.
Perception trumps intention.

2006 Exomax w/Agingcrossbower Custom Stock
20" Easton Powerbolts w/125gr Trophy Ridge Stricknines & 2"Blazers
Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen
wabi

Post by wabi »

I've seen does spar like than a couple times. Neat to watch!
wabi
Gimpaw

Post by Gimpaw »

sumner4991 wrote:[quote="I got the buck, by the way. He never knew what hit him . . .he was just glad the doe finally stopped. 8)
Poor buck will spend eternity thinking that the doe whooped him.

The pic looks like a classic case of deer PMS :lol:
"I was young and foolish; now I'm old and foolisher".
Mark Twain