Bucks for the Bucks

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Doe Master
Site Admin

Bucks for the Bucks

Post by Doe Master »

:D I know we have done this before but there is alot of new faces here . :D
I work for what use to be a small company of 2 owners , 1 secretary and two employees . To what is now employing 45 plus .
My job descriptions have changed through the years . I am a licenced Machinist but I`m now doing a job where I have to problem solve customers equipment for repairs .This time of year tends to get a little busy . :shock: :lol:
But there again how many people can go to a job that is their hobby as well . :D
M&M

Post by M&M »

my job may not be my hobby but I am fortunate enough to have a job that I enjoy, and you just can't beat that in my book
M&M
NewGuy

Re: Bucks for the Bucks

Post by NewGuy »

Doe Master wrote::D I know we have done this before but there is alot of new faces here . :D
I work for what use to be a small company of 2 owners , 1 secretary and two employees . To what is now employing 45 plus .
My job descriptions have changed through the years . I am a licenced Machinist but I`m now doing a job where I have to problem solve customers equipment for repairs .This time of year tends to get a little busy . :shock: :lol:
But there again how many people can go to a job that is their hobby as well . :D
maybe you could use some help :) should i start my resume now? :)
Boo/Comfybear Custom strings
groundpounder

Post by groundpounder »

I started out as a machinist as well. I did that for eight years. I loved that type of work. Being able to make something from nothing. I also enjoy making art projects and carried that medium over to alot of my art work. For the past 12 years I have worked for General Mills. I'm in the maintenance department there but I still have the niche for fabrication and machining. We do have a machine shop and welding shop where I do spend alot of my time still getting to create things. I do enjoy this job alot better for not the monotony of assemby line type work.
Why ride when you can walk!
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

I love my job! For the most part I don't even feel like I have one, I am just happy to be paid for doing what I enjoy. :D
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
Close Up

Post by Close Up »

Doe Master as you know already were I work , you will agree that my job is a job but being in the auto industry can pay off when things are busy like now. Work has picked up so much that I'am back on 12 hour shifts and this gives me 3 to 4 days a week off for hunting.
Gimpaw

Post by Gimpaw »

I'm always envious of people who love what they do for a living. I was in the office furniture industry for 31 years (mostly assembly lines). After 3 back surgeries, I decided to take a buy out. The Doc told me that if I wanted to enjoy my life as something other than being crippled, I'd better do something different.

I'd like to ask a favor; if you enjoy what you do, will you please add what your job is in your response?

I'm hoping that whn I'm healed, I can start in something new. You all may give me some ideas.

Thanks
"I was young and foolish; now I'm old and foolisher".
Mark Twain
dick195252

Post by dick195252 »

Electrical Superintendent :REEEEEEEEEEETIRED :D :D } I loved the Electrical construction part. The Politics and dealing with Administrators, Young People with no Work Ethic and bad attitudes I hung it up about 2 years ago now. 37 Years doing it is a LONG time :wink:
Exomax, Lumizone, Boo String, NRA, ACf, Member, [Proud Grandpa!!!]
Doe Master
Site Admin

Post by Doe Master »

:) Okay Gimpaw . I work for a small company called Excalibur Crossbow Inc. :)
VixChix

Post by VixChix »

Stay-At-Home-Mom..... Quit my job working in I.T. to raise our boy. Am caught between looking after the older generation and the younger generation in our family. Our boy starts school (JK) this fall so I'm hoping to go back to work again. We're hurtin' on just one income. Had a line on a software support job that would let me work from home, but the position is on hold for now. :? I've taken Medical Transcription courses since I've been off to try to open some more doors as well.
Vixen, Micro 315, HHA Optimizer, Boo & VixenMaster strings, Munch Mounts, Dr. Stirrup accessories.
Bambiblaster

Post by Bambiblaster »

Im in Applliance Repair.. Love the work and the challenges but not the employer. Meet new people everyday and always a new problem to figure out. Most fun is telling a 80 yr old lady that she is not washing her clothes right.. Do they ever get fired up... :lol: :lol:
EXCAL VORTEX
S5
VARI-ZONE
LUMINOCK FIREBOLTS
CROSS TRICKS
WYVERN QUIVER MOUNT
Treelimb 3-Arrow Quiver
Bob1961 Red Cocking Rope
M&M

Post by M&M »

Ok gimpaw I am an aircraft mechanic for the ohio air national guard and I love what I do
M&M
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

Gimpaw wrote: I'd like to ask a favor; if you enjoy what you do, will you please add what your job is in your response?
Thanks
I hunt. I wake up and dig through the safe to see what rifle/bow I am going to bring with me, and off I go. It's always the same gun though. :D
I started my career doing nuisance wildlife control, I own a company called Animal Control Systems.
For the last couple years I hold a licence from or MNR that keeps me separated from our typical animal "seasons", I can do what I see fit to hunt what needs to be hunted. I spend most days hunting coyotes or other predators in places most people can't or wont hunt.
My house is full of like minded people, I bring my kids and/or wife to work with me daily.. They are getting a pretty distorted view of the work world, but it is one of the reasons I chose to pursue my own company.
Lots of benefits to hunting for a living too, a few months back my wife (does my books) said "you need to buy a new truck or some rifles to get this through.." :shock: There are far worse things a guy could hear from his book keeper, let alone wife.
There are more lucrative career paths, but none that will allow me to do what I love the most, and none that will allow me to choose which kid is going to join me for the days work. It's a nice sound to hear "can I come to work today Dad?" I pay them in Happy meals and slurpees.
Life is good, but better when you experience it with someone you love. :D
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
dschnarr

Post by dschnarr »

I make rubber and we are busy now 12 hours a day
mikej

Post by mikej »

i get to watch tv and surf the net at work :lol: :lol: . i am an installation/ service contractor for shaw direct ( formally star choice) as well as xplornet and hughes net high speed internet. usually covering anywhere from 200 to 500 km's in a day i get to see alot of scenery. one of the perks of the job is getting to surf the net on service calls and installations to be sure the internet is preforming properly at which time i am almost always led to this forum :lol: :lol:
If guns cause crime, all of mine are defective