Firebolt field points

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Nicklas021

Firebolt field points

Post by Nicklas021 »

Hi

Does anyone know if the 6 pk firebolts comes with field points attached?
Or do I have to buy them separately?

Thanks
Nicklas
Excal Equinox
Varizone
Firebolts
Chuck Gravel

Post by Chuck Gravel »

you have to buy them seperatly
Excalibur Equinox
Lumi-Zone
Viper-X- Strings
NGSS (newguy)
vortex pro extreme 125
Nicklas021

Post by Nicklas021 »

Ok.
But the 4 arrows that comes whit the Lite stuff pack have field points?

/Nicklas
Excal Equinox
Varizone
Firebolts
Nicklas021

Post by Nicklas021 »

I did find the answer to my last qustion :D

But i got two more:

1. What weight should I use on the field points? are there several manufacturers?

2. What type of flat nock do I use with the firebolt?

/Nicklas
Excal Equinox
Varizone
Firebolts
crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

as for fieldtips.. it doesnt matter, they are fieldtips and normally all fly about the same.

what size you ue is up to you, but you want to shoot the same size as your bhead weight.

the normal sizes are 100gr but some like 125grains

firebolts sells their own flat butt nock. Bowhunterssuperstore has them. But they should come with the nocks already installed? Did you happen to find raw shafts?
Nicklas021

Post by Nicklas021 »

crazyfarmer wrote:as for fieldtips.. it doesnt matter, they are fieldtips and normally all fly about the same.

what size you ue is up to you, but you want to shoot the same size as your bhead weight.

the normal sizes are 100gr but some like 125grains

firebolts sells their own flat butt nock. Bowhunterssuperstore has them. But they should come with the nocks already installed? Did you happen to find raw shafts?
Thanks Crazyfarmer :D

I will get the Equinox lite stuff pack on wednesday :D.
So I guess all the arrows will come with the nocks installed (Ordered it from Bowhunters superstore).

Only have to buy the field points for the 6 pk firebolts i bought.

Is it these field points i should/can use with the firebolts??
http://www.bowhunterssuperstore.com/car ... -6367.html

/Nicklas
Excal Equinox
Varizone
Firebolts
Michihunter

Post by Michihunter »

FYI When I purchased my 09 Exomax and Lite-Stuff package with four Firebolts The field tips that came with the package were 150 gr. I even weighed them just to verify.
crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

no, those fieldtips are made for the axis shafts which are about half the size of the crossbow shafts

the best thing is just to go to walmart or somewhere and buy a pack of 12 for 2-3 bucks... every sporting goods store should have them

I cant remember the size you need for the crossbow shafts offhand, but those are going to be to small diameter wise. They will screw in, but they wont mate flush with the shaft
Nicklas021

Post by Nicklas021 »

crazyfarmer wrote:no, those fieldtips are made for the axis shafts which are about half the size of the crossbow shafts

the best thing is just to go to walmart or somewhere and buy a pack of 12 for 2-3 bucks... every sporting goods store should have them

I cant remember the size you need for the crossbow shafts offhand, but those are going to be to small diameter wise. They will screw in, but they wont mate flush with the shaft
There is no wallmart in Sweden :D :D :D
And crossbows are not allowed here, so I have to order it from US =)
But now I know which one to buy.

Thanks
Nicklas
Excal Equinox
Varizone
Firebolts
Stash

Post by Stash »

For crossbow arrows you will need 11/32" diameter field points such as these from the same store. The points that come with the Lite Stuff package are 150 grains.

http://www.bowhunterssuperstore.com/arr ... 6_507.html
or
http://www.bowhunterssuperstore.com/arr ... 6_531.html

These brands don't have 150s but they do have 145s - you will not notice the difference, but you should perhaps purchase some 100s, 125s and 145s and test them all at longer ranges to see which group the best out of your bow. Then purchase broadheads accordingly.
Boo

Post by Boo »

bstout wrote: Some folks hunt small game with field tips. A poor idea as far as I'm concerned. Field tips cause very little hemorrhaging and the animal (no matter how small it is) takes a long time to expire.

I use to occasionally shoot gophers with my recurve back in the day but I've always used razor sharp broadheads on all game regardless of its size.
Are you saying that these don't work?
http://www.thefind.com/sports/info-small-game-broadhead
http://www.keystonecountrystore.com/Sma ... Heads.html
http://www.jesseshunting.com/reviewpost ... 1119514491
I've shot plenty of starlings and red squrrels with field tips using my compound the they just flip over dead.
I might agree with you if you were to hit the stomach of a ground hog or rabbit but I've seen enough of Wes' ground hog kills to convince me that field tips work on small game. If you look at a ground hog being as small as they are I think an analogy would be shooting a deer with an 8 gage slug. Possibly those Blazers are doing damage.
Sorry for hijacking this thread, I just find what Bstout brought up interesting.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
mikej

Post by mikej »

double :oops: :oops:
Last edited by mikej on Sun Aug 16, 2009 10:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If guns cause crime, all of mine are defective
mikej

Post by mikej »

i carry an arrow with a slip on collar behind a field point (see link) for partridge while i am deer hunting and have killed many with this setup. i haven't had one get away while using this setup, all fall over dead on the spot.

http://www.keystonecountrystore.com/Arc ... 91502.html
If guns cause crime, all of mine are defective
Stash

Post by Stash »

why are there even different kinds??
I think "planter" was asking about the different styles of practice points, not the difference between field points and broadheads.

You've got your classic field points, chisel points, bullet points, the "combo" points from Saunders, the Spin Tite "turbine-tips". As far as I have been able to tell, no difference in arrow flight among any of them, and no significant difference in target penetration or wear, either.
sumner4991

Post by sumner4991 »

mikej wrote:i haven't had one get away while using this setup, all fall over dead on the spot.
Judging from your avatar, Mike, you were probably shooting roadkill. That does NOT count.

CF . . .we need to check Mike's deer for tire tracks for the contest. :lol: :lol:
I'd rather wear out than rust out.
Perception trumps intention.

2006 Exomax w/Agingcrossbower Custom Stock
20" Easton Powerbolts w/125gr Trophy Ridge Stricknines & 2"Blazers
Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen