bought another excalibur

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

dw

bought another excalibur

Post by dw »

well after buying the relayer 25th anniversery a couple weeks ago i decide to get another excal cause i dont want to scratche the relayer all up. i bought the vortex. 416.00 off of ebay. bowhunter superstore still has a couple relayers left for 749.00. thats where i bought mine. i used to have a coumpound and an excal at all times but now i can use the same strings and bolts for both makes things simpler. any thoughts on the vortex having a shorter stock than the exocet. also any problems getting to the safety with the thumbhole stock? i will post pics of both bows when the vortex arrives. the relayer sure is a heavy little bugger but i just love the wood stock. 15 days till opening season here in maryland :D
"dw"
Last edited by dw on Sun Aug 16, 2009 10:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"you gotta love it"
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Exactly the same thing I did this weekend. I hauled the y25 up to my stand once to practice and said "no way!"

Congrats on the new bow
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

congrats... you can find them cheap on ebay!

I was looking at the ibex and vortex but they were to big for my lil girl...

I didnt find the vixen 2 on there for 369bucks!! Bass pro wants roughly 525 just for the bow I think.

I bought my equinox on ebay for 425 last year also :D
dick195252

Post by dick195252 »

Congratulations { I think Excalibur addiction has you BAD :wink: }
Exomax, Lumizone, Boo String, NRA, ACf, Member, [Proud Grandpa!!!]
bkisel

Post by bkisel »

Best of luck with your new Excalibur model. Do you have buyers remorse concerning the anniveresry model you have? Personally I've little use for "wall hangers", if I'm not using it (guns, tools, bows, pretty much whatever) it is sold or sometimes even given away to someone that will put it to use.

BTW, $350.99 for my new Exocet off eBay. :D

Take care
Bambiblaster

Post by Bambiblaster »

Ebay is a great place... Got my Vortex and rightstuff package for 395.00 spotted it with 1 min left bid and won was all new unused,, (got lucky)
EXCAL VORTEX
S5
VARI-ZONE
LUMINOCK FIREBOLTS
CROSS TRICKS
WYVERN QUIVER MOUNT
Treelimb 3-Arrow Quiver
Bob1961 Red Cocking Rope
fishn711

Where are you hunting in 15 days in Maryland?

Post by fishn711 »

Just curious! I don't want to get a "late" start!
dutchhunter

vortex

Post by dutchhunter »

the vortex is a dream bow i shot one for a full season and loved it .i now have the equinox and have added the but extender you can add this to .it is sold buy xcal love the thumb hole stock DUTCH
addicted to canadian beaver
crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

bkisel wrote:Best of luck with your new Excalibur model. Do you have buyers remorse concerning the anniveresry model you have? Personally I've little use for "wall hangers", if I'm not using it (guns, tools, bows, pretty much whatever) it is sold or sometimes even given away to someone that will put it to use.

BTW, $350.99 for my new Exocet off eBay. :D

Take care
to me the relayer is more of a collectors peice.. if you have the cash, its worth it. I'd shoot mine for 3d stuff, but it wouldnt go in the woods with me :D
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

I solved my Y field issues by getting a warranty return regular stock from Danny.
"Eze 18:21"