String Tracker Settup

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Gray Fox

String Tracker

Post by Gray Fox »

Sumner:

Have a safe trip to VA. I lived up in the Sprinfield area when the wife and I were stationed in the Pentagon. If the timing works out it would be nice to chat in person at the Sept. meeting.

Groundpounder:

I guess I had never read your location in your avatar. I'm in Jonesboro, and I'm always looking for "friends of friends" I run into in the area who might have a few acres that is still huntable. My neighbor is a landscaper and once in a while he knows someone in a proper area who has just gotten fed up with replacing everything they plant. Haven't gotten any leads yet this year, but it's early.

I'm beginning to believe that the majority on here may be correct and that I will depend on my hunting and shooting skills to complement a sound mechanical broadhead. My 2219s with Blazers and a 100 grain head run right at 445 grains, and that should complement my Phoenix well. Right now I'm getting 2 inch kneeling groups at 30 yards and 3 at 40, but I doubt I'd ever shoot that far. Getting the shots and follow through down at that range do make closer shots easier, though.

I really enjoy how a question gets lots of reasonable, experienced respones on this forum. Would that some others were as gracious.