Ebay not seller friendly!

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Shotnbeer

Post by Shotnbeer »

Sold for awhile and it got to be a hassle. I was trying to be the good guy and the buyer often left me out hanging. Yet when I bought the seller couldn't believe how fast I paid or responded. Called ethic's I believe.
peter p

Post by peter p »

I don't know but it looks like ebay is protecting the buyer.
I think they want to make sure that the buyer gets his item before they pay the seller.
Maybe to many buyers got ripped off because the sellers received the money and never sent the item.
whdahel

Post by whdahel »

MY wife got burnt on ebay last year. She sold a $50 purse shipped it to the lady and the lady said it wasn't real... (it was) ebay stopped payment and said it was going to be refunded and the purse returned. (which was fine) but we never got the damn purse back and the lady got her money back. Contacted ebay numerous times an they told us there wasn't any thing they could do and we should file a police report. Freakin A$$holes

they protect the buyer all right.

I might sell again, but I will do money order. F paypal

any more I prefer craigslist.com much better but you don't get it out to the mass public just locally. you can deal on the phone or face to face.
lscha

Post by lscha »

I've been buying and selling on eBay for 11 years (taught classes also) and one thing for sure is eBay is always evolving. I am careful about who I buy from and how I list my items and only got ripped off once years ago but got my money back. I've never had a problem with PayPal but I keep up with their policies.

As far as buying, if the item is over $100 I use a choose the PP credit card pmt instead of bank account for protection.
Laura
Vixen II/Optimizer/RamCats/NGSS
Camx
Boo strings, top mounts
[url]http://www.michigancrossbowfederation.org[/url]
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Michigan-Crossbow-Federation/122974954384381
bucont

Post by bucont »

I have been selling and buying for 9 years on Ebay, I have sold my last item on there until they make the scales balance again and lower the fees. I have not had a problem on Ebay and I do not intend to. I am not sure how they figure a building owner can dictate store owners policy on when to give a refund or not.

Ebay work great until they purchased paypal. It has been going down hill ever since imo.

I will still purchase, but the deals of the early days are slowing disappearing due to the fees ebay and paypal charges. Sometimes they are as much as 18% of the sale. Sell a $25 item .... get $20.50. If I add the extra $4.50 on the price buyers may as well make a trip to BPS or Cabela's.

Just sold my jeep on there, cost was $125 to Ebay and would have been $78 for paypal if I not made the transaction "cash on pick up".
This would have totaled over 10% of the sale plus the points they would have hit me for the currency exchange going to my bank acount.

To big to fast with few folks that have never run a retail buisness in thier life at the helm. Sad!
Axiom SMF
Munch mount
MeadowBrooke Game Calls
LCCA
sits in trees

Post by sits in trees »

my wife and daughter make a living selling on Ebay and have for over a decade now. they say Ebay used to be a really good thing for small business people trying to make a buck but has become a joke over the last few years. they now cater to large outfits, ahh what else is new, big business stomping the little guy.
sits in trees

Post by sits in trees »

fireguy wrote:I find Ebay not bad ....JUST DONT use PAYPAL...money order is better and less fees....just my thoughts...works for me..
fireguy
you have to use Pay Pal on Ebay...