First fletching got pic now

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Bluefish024

First fletching got pic now

Post by Bluefish024 »

K bought an Ezfletch 4 degree some 2 inch blazers, Gold tip 2's.. Man that was fun and easy.. Made the Mrs. 3 and my self 3. I bought a set of right helix arms and some 3 inch durovanes.. I wanna give Boo and a Deisel and big thanks for the help... Will post some pics gotta figure out how to do it again..Image
Phoenix for Mrs/ Exocet 200 for me
Vari-zone / CompM3 Aimpoint
Boo strings
STS systems
New and improved,,,,kiss of death bolts...
dick195252

Post by dick195252 »

They turned out very nice, Congratulations 8)
Exomax, Lumizone, Boo String, NRA, ACf, Member, [Proud Grandpa!!!]
SPITFIRE

Post by SPITFIRE »

Nice pics. How well do they shoot? Would like to see them after they pass through a deer.
I am a hunter and proud of it.
wabi

Post by wabi »

Looks good!

I've been fletching my own arrows for many years and find it a good way to relax and save a few $$$ in the process. It IS easy with the right equipment, and you used what I consider to be the best fletching tool available - the EZFletch. It is quick, and does a good job if you pay attention to the small details. (not bashing other tools, but I sold my Bitzenburger after using the EZFletch)
wabi
crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

wabi wrote:Looks good!

I've been fletching my own arrows for many years and find it a good way to relax and save a few $$$ in the process. It IS easy with the right equipment, and you used what I consider to be the best fletching tool available - the EZFletch. It is quick, and does a good job if you pay attention to the small details. (not bashing other tools, but I sold my Bitzenburger after using the EZFletch)
i just like my bitzen because I can give each vane the magic kiss of death :D :D

im thinking about trying the ez, but right now the bitz works fine for me

btw, arrows look sharp 8)
wabi

Post by wabi »

The Bitz is a top quality fletcher and will allow a few things not possible with the EZFletch. I have used the adjustments on the Bitz to match factory fletching on arrows I owned - exactly. The Bitz will allow a very wide range of adjustment.
But.....
-It will only do one vane or feather at a time - requires 3 times the wait for a finished arrow.
-It requires a modified nock receiver for crossbow arrows.
-And how many times is all that precision really needed? Does it really matter if a fletching is 3.75º or 4º? As long as all 3 fletches are similar (same offset and evenly spaced around the shaft) the arrow will fly true in my experience.

Not knocking the Bitz by any means, they are a top quality precision machine! But the EZFletch will do a perfectly acceptable job quicker, easier, and less expensively - that's why I sold my Bitz and use the EZFletch exclusively.

BTW - The Arizona EZFletch is backed by a good warranty, too. I dropped mine and damaged it. Called Arizona and asked if I could buy parts to repair it. They told me to mail it back to them so they could match the parts and check it out. They returned a new tool to me quickly - and at NO charge!!!!!!!!
wabi
Bluefish024

Now see..

Post by Bluefish024 »

Now that's what I mean. Good customer service..Was going to make another six with the helix right or are the blazer 2inch to small for that..??? The scale I bought won't zero out it says I need a calibration weight to zero it out.. that story of my life..ahaha on my way to the gun shop.. Crazy Farmer thats funny...(just like my bitzen because I can give each vane the magic kiss of death)
Phoenix for Mrs/ Exocet 200 for me
Vari-zone / CompM3 Aimpoint
Boo strings
STS systems
New and improved,,,,kiss of death bolts...
crazyfarmer

Re: Now see..

Post by crazyfarmer »

Bluefish024 wrote:Now that's what I mean. Good customer service..Was going to make another six with the helix right or are the blazer 2inch to small for that..??? The scale I bought won't zero out it says I need a calibration weight to zero it out.. that story of my life..ahaha on my way to the gun shop.. Crazy Farmer thats funny...(just like my bitzen because I can give each vane the magic kiss of death)
lol... like wabi said.. you can put you own special degree of offset on the vanes or match any factory setting..

the downside, is one at a time. But with goat tuff, mine are sealed in 10 seconds;) so it take sme roughly 1-2mins to do each arrow.

as long as you are happy, then nothing else matters;) well deer blood matters :twisted:
diesel

Post by diesel »

Those look awesome Bluefish, Your going to another set sounds like your hooked.
Enjoy and have fun with it.
lscha

Post by lscha »

Ooooooo....those are nice!
Laura
Vixen II/Optimizer/RamCats/NGSS
Camx
Boo strings, top mounts
[url]http://www.michigancrossbowfederation.org[/url]
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Michigan-Crossbow-Federation/122974954384381
mikej

Post by mikej »

looks good
If guns cause crime, all of mine are defective
saxman

Post by saxman »

Looking good.
Scott
http://www.myspace.com/saxman1

Take a kid hunting
They don't remember their best day of watching TV

Excalibur Equinox
TruGlo Red/Green Dot
NGSS Absorber by NewGuy
Custom strings by BOO
Groundpounder Top Mount
ACF Member - 2011
ManX

Post by ManX »

Congrats
I use a CARTELL with excellent result fo xbow with mini blazer 1,5'' and 3ºinclinatin..
I also have a Browning helix dx for my selfbow arrows, quite good but red plastic cant give the right precision in making
regards
[img]http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn235/ManX850/exorealtree-1.jpg[/img] ExomanX, Meopta 3100,[url=http://www.wolfszeit.com/images/WO.Mo.09-li..JPG]Wolfszeit[/url] scope mount, produce in ManX Factory spa: shock absorbers, 48 fff , 2216xx78 27% foc