Bowhuntersuperstore

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Bluefish024

Bowhuntersuperstore

Post by Bluefish024 »

Drove 2 and 1/2hours to the store today... First impression of the store itself was very nice they have alot of archery and crossbow supplies.. But here's the thing, we walked in the only 3 in the store 1 minute and 10 minutes later the store had a handfull of customers, and a handfull of the guys working there turned into whiney girls, I had a 17 year old young man help me who was awsome.. But the vibe in place was such a downer.. I look at it like this, I'm A contractor and my brother is a contractor were starving and have been for some time now.. If your company is busy be happy. It actually reflected to the other customers in the store, it really sucked... Someone from here sent me in their direction and I'm glad i went, but I will deal with someone else from here on out....Internet is a great thing.. Sorry maybe this is not the right place for this. Just venting abit. The store does carry alot of stuff, I saw it in person today. One of the reasons i have 2 Excal's is because of the customer service is the best in the buisness..
Phoenix for Mrs/ Exocet 200 for me
Vari-zone / CompM3 Aimpoint
Boo strings
STS systems
New and improved,,,,kiss of death bolts...
dick195252

Post by dick195252 »

I am very surprised by this. I have ordered a few things from them over the Internet and have allways had Great service :shock:
Exomax, Lumizone, Boo String, NRA, ACf, Member, [Proud Grandpa!!!]
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

so your saying their hired help are sorry they have to work abit for a living. over my 43 yrs of working not counting the 16 at home helping. i have saw most ppl don't like their jobs, they just want a paycheck. when i was young i worked some jobs because i needed money, sure didn't like them. later i learned a trade as a pipe welder and welding in general. this i liked and money was good til i became disabled.
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
wabi

Post by wabi »

I'll never buy anything from them again because of this.....
http://www.excaliburcrossbow.com/phpBB2 ... superstore
wabi
DaGriz

Post by DaGriz »

I agree with Wabi. Just recently I was going to order some small items from them and the shipings would have been more than the cost of the item. I did not order but I sent an email complaining. I received an answer from the owner saying they can't make money on smalls orders so they raise the shipping cost. (Wish I saved the email.)

I replied and told him to stuff it that he just lost a customer and I would tell all my friends about his experience.
He responded with "I don't need your business so I could care less what you think!"
You sure you can skin griz, pilgrim??

Life is too short to carry an UGLY knife!
crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

DaGriz wrote:I agree with Wabi. Just recently I was going to order some small items from them and the shipings would have been more than the cost of the item. I did not order but I sent an email complaining. I received an answer from the owner saying they can't make money on smalls orders so they raise the shipping cost. (Wish I saved the email.)

I replied and told him to stuff it that he just lost a customer and I would tell all my friends about his experience.
He responded with "I don't need your business so I could care less what you think!"
not bashing you by any means, but every place charges a min of atleast 6bucks for orders under 40 bucks... shippint isnt cheap. It doesnt matetr if its a 5 dollar item or a 50 dollar item, it normally will cost the same. Now if it can fit into a envelope, thats a little different. I always hold out untill I get over 100 dollars worth of stuff before ordering online.

bowhunters has been nothing but nice to me over the years.. ive probably ordered about 4k worth of things from them LOL.. never had an issue and always got my products in 2-3 days..

as always, the employee's always tend to reflect the store.. if they do a crappy job, then it looks bad for the store. I would have told the manager that day about the service!

its a free country, so buy from who you like.. sorry to hear about the troubles some have had there.
wabi

Post by wabi »

cf,
I had no problems until I needed customer service. Their prices are good and if you never have a problem with a product or service they are a good place to find archery equipment. I had spent quite a bit with them before I needed customer service (even purchased one new Excalibur crossbow), and was surprised to get the answer I got over being charged an extra $3.50 shipping.
The owner will NOT talk to you on the phone, he will only correspond by email. That tells me he is unwilling to risk a personal discussion (even on the phone) for fear of a confrontation because he doesn't want to be wrong. What really made me mad was the delayed response from him after an employee told me the money would be refunded if I complained. The item was already shipped by the time he responded, so it was too late to cancel the order.

You say they have been nice to you - have you ever needed customer service, returned an item, or asked to speak to the owner?
wabi
Cossack

Post by Cossack »

Well, I generally shop by mail since I don't have a CB store withing hundreds of miles. Long ago learned that store clerks are just that: CLERKS. Know squat about CBs. Can't help if their mood reflects that they would rather be out partying. BHSSr prices are generally the best I can find and as for shipping, recently bought a $23 item and the $7 shipping was LESS than it cost THEM ($8.50 on package post mark). First bow I bought there cost $100 less than local shop and shipping was free.... as was tax.
Just sayin my piece.
Vortex, Phoenix, single-shot rifles and handguns.
Incurable tinkerer.
Why hunt? Simple, it's BASIC. Why breath?!
Bluefish024

customer service

Post by Bluefish024 »

If i go to a resturant and the service sucks I don't blame the cook.. But if I'm standing in a store listening to sales rep bash other workers about what they have and haven"t done (aka bashing some guy named MARK think he's a manager or something) And muttering under their breath at every new customer they had to deal with..That kind of I DON'T CARE additude resinated from 3 of the 6 guys that were there.. I had a problem with one of my Xbows Excal sent me to Dan Miller.. Now there's stand up guy/buisnessman.. I didn't mean to put salt in old wounds, But if you don't like your job get another, there are 5 poeple standing in line for your old job. If it's the only game in town then at least deal with it.. I dropped close to 400$ bucks in the store and drove 2 and 1/2 hours to get there not alot but not chump change either.. I did call the day before and who ever I talked to was pretty rough with me on the phone, but I blew it off as he was having a bad day we all have those from time to time.... I'm going to get off my soap box now..
Phoenix for Mrs/ Exocet 200 for me
Vari-zone / CompM3 Aimpoint
Boo strings
STS systems
New and improved,,,,kiss of death bolts...
crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

wabi wrote:cf,
I had no problems until I needed customer service. Their prices are good and if you never have a problem with a product or service they are a good place to find archery equipment. I had spent quite a bit with them before I needed customer service (even purchased one new Excalibur crossbow), and was surprised to get the answer I got over being charged an extra $3.50 shipping.
The owner will NOT talk to you on the phone, he will only correspond by email. That tells me he is unwilling to risk a personal discussion (even on the phone) for fear of a confrontation because he doesn't want to be wrong. What really made me mad was the delayed response from him after an employee told me the money would be refunded if I complained. The item was already shipped by the time he responded, so it was too late to cancel the order.

You say they have been nice to you - have you ever needed customer service, returned an item, or asked to speak to the owner?

ive talked to the lady lady that answered the phone a few times there.. I had a screwup on arrow inserts once and had to call them. But they shipped out the right ones the next day at no charge though. BTW, I'm not sticking up for them. What they did to you wasnt right. I just havent had any issues with them to date though. When or if I do, ill swtich also. Untill then, I just hope everything goes smoothly.

once again.. not bashing anyone here. I know its a few that disslike them:) Again, its a free country:) Im just glad its more than one place out there to order from for situations like this