PA Crossbow Hunters - PGC may be changing the rulesbeware!!

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

mikew

PA Crossbow Hunters - PGC may be changing the rulesbeware!!

Post by mikew »

----- Forwarded Message ----
To: DSF Subscriber <PGCNEWS>
Sent: Monday, August 24, 2009 8:18:39 AM
Subject: Pennsylvania Game Commission - State Wildlife Management Agency eAlert: News Releases

Release #086-09

BOARD OF GAME COMMISSIONERS TO HOLD SPECIAL MEETING ON SEPT. 3

Pennsylvania Game Commission Executive Director Carl G. Roe today announced that the Pennsylvania Board of Game Commissioners will hold a special meeting at noon on Sept. 3, in the auditorium of the agency’s Harrisburg headquarters at 2001 Elmerton Ave., just off the Progress Avenue exit of Interstate 81 in Harrisburg. The sole agenda item for the meeting will be to give final consideration to a proposal given preliminary approval at its July 9 meeting to place restrictions on crossbow use for the 2009-10 seasons.

Roe also announced the minutes from the Board’s July 9 meeting were posted on the agency’s website (www.pgc.state.pa.us) in the “Reports/Minutes” section in the left-hand column of the homepage.

# # # # # # #

If they approve restrictions for THIS year only a month ahead of the season, that's SO wrong...
Here are the 7/9 meeting minutes:
http://www.pgc.state.pa.us/pgc/lib/pgc/ ... inutes.pdf

Quotes from the Meeting Minutes:
"....And so therefore, I’m offering an amendment, which would change the language on page 15. I would move to strike out the last day of the season as being October 17th and insert the date October 16th...."

"Our proposal, if you read it correctly, is not disenfranchising people who have bought trusts with us. If you purchase a crossbow and decide to hunt, given every opportunity you have, under my proposal, Statewide, you’ll have seven weeks of archery hunting, versus the 10 weeks that people with other archery equipment, longbows, cross --- compound, et cetera. So we’re cutting back three weeks. We’re going from ten weeks back to seven. Yes, it has to be done."

Keep an eye out on www.pgc.state.pa for updates.
-Mike
N8tr Boy

Post by N8tr Boy »

Well you know at least it is a start. They can't agree on much and disagree on alot. I was in PA this weekend in Lancaster for a wedding. Love the roling hills and great scenery. Met wonderful people and hope someday to come for a hunt. Also ate at the "Hog trough" wow what a spread. :lol: :lol:
Exomax
GT II Lazer arrows
125gr expandables
White Tiger 2" Blazer vanes
Chartruese Custom Boo string
Stricknine Expandables
Dabbling with Trad 55#
Mathews Q2 60-70#
Beman arrows
Woody Williams

Post by Woody Williams »

The Weaner proposal was passed as a preliminary proposal. It HAS to be voted on again before it is accepted as final. The new commissioner said he is pro-crossbw.

That makes it a 4 to 4 tie.

That should make it our favor.. as the top dog there is also pro-crossbow..
Last edited by Woody Williams on Mon Aug 24, 2009 8:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Woody Williams

We have met the enemy and he is us - Pogo Possum

Hunting in Indiana at [size=84][color=Red][b][url=http://huntingindiana.proboards52.com]HUNT-INDIANA[/url][/b][/color][/size]
Bambiblaster

Post by Bambiblaster »

All the Pa hunters need to email all the board members... :!: :!:
EXCAL VORTEX
S5
VARI-ZONE
LUMINOCK FIREBOLTS
CROSS TRICKS
WYVERN QUIVER MOUNT
Treelimb 3-Arrow Quiver
Bob1961 Red Cocking Rope
bkisel

Post by bkisel »

Please keep us informed.

A friend Bob, in his middle seventies and can't use a verticle bow, bought a crossbow this year just so he could hunt with the rest of the gang during PA archery season(s). I bought a crossbow a month ago in big part because of PA allowing it in the archery season(s). I'd be a little upset if PA backs up from the full ten weeks but I guess seven would be better than none.

Take care...
mikej

Post by mikej »

we'll likely have some new trolls visit us soon :roll: :lol: :lol:
If guns cause crime, all of mine are defective
Woody Williams

Post by Woody Williams »

mikej wrote:we'll likely have some new trolls visit us soon :roll: :lol: :lol:
Not new...just recycled....
Woody Williams

Hunting in Indiana at [size=84][color=Red][b][url=http://huntingindiana.proboards52.com]HUNT-INDIANA[/url][/b][/color][/size]
mikej

Post by mikej »

Woody Williams wrote:
mikej wrote:we'll likely have some new trolls visit us soon :roll: :lol: :lol:
Not new...just recycled....
:lol: :lol: :lol:
If guns cause crime, all of mine are defective
mikew

Post by mikew »

Woody Williams wrote:That should make it our favor.. as the top dog there is also pro-crossbow..
Agreed. I have my fingers crossed. ;-)

As others hae said though, even a 7-week crossbow season would be a good start.

What shocks me the most about this is that we're a little over a month away from the season & they are still trying to decide on the ending dates!
-Mike
Woody Williams

Post by Woody Williams »

mikew wrote:
Woody Williams wrote:That should make it our favor.. as the top dog there is also pro-crossbow..
Agreed. I have my fingers crossed. ;-)

As others hae said though, even a 7-week crossbow season would be a good start.

What shocks me the most about this is that we're a little over a month away from the season & they are still trying to decide on the ending dates!
-Mike
You can thank Weaner for that fiasco.
Woody Williams

bob1961

Post by bob1961 »

the 8th member of the board already said that he will vote in favor of full inclusion that would make the voting 4-4 and the full inclusion stand untill 2012 sunset revote. "IF" full inclusion shows a huge impact on the herd....but with our report card system it will not show chit if people from the compound criers mark there report card "crossbow kill" and send it in, even if they don't harvast a deer at all....a lot of them have already stated that will be done just to try showing an impact on the herd :roll: ................bob

exocet 200. STS dampers.
boo string and trigger work.
munch mount quiver mount.
125 gr slick trick magums.
2" blazers on 2117 XX75 w/ brass inserts.
Woody Williams

Post by Woody Williams »

bob1961 wrote:the 8th member of the board already said that he will vote in favor of full inclusion that would make the voting 4-4 and the full inclusion stand untill 2012 sunset revote. "IF" full inclusion shows a huge impact on the herd....but with our report card system it will not show chit if people from the compound criers mark there report card "crossbow kill" and send it in, even if they don't harvast a deer at all....a lot of them have already stated that will be done just to try showing an impact on the herd :roll: ................bob

No surprise there... I think the fish and game people will see through that..
Woody Williams

wabi

Post by wabi »

Woody Williams wrote:
bob1961 wrote:the 8th member of the board already said that he will vote in favor of full inclusion that would make the voting 4-4 and the full inclusion stand untill 2012 sunset revote. "IF" full inclusion shows a huge impact on the herd....but with our report card system it will not show chit if people from the compound criers mark there report card "crossbow kill" and send it in, even if they don't harvast a deer at all....a lot of them have already stated that will be done just to try showing an impact on the herd :roll: ................bob

No surprise there... I think the fish and game people will see through that..
Now there is a chance for the state to make money! They should quickly pass a law making providing false information subject to a hefty fine! :wink:
wabi
Woody Williams

Post by Woody Williams »

The following Commissioners have already indicated they support full inclusion of the crossbow in the archery season so they are the ones you need to email and offer support for full inclusion....

Ralph Martone, [email protected]
1611 Old Butler Road
New Castle, PA 16101 - 3126

Robert Schlemmer, [email protected]
118 Deer Ridge Road
Export, PA 15632

Dave Putnam [email protected]
168 Kenwalke Lane
Centre Hall, PA 16828

Gregory J. Isabella, [email protected]
1532 South Front Street
Philadelphia, PA 19147

Pennsylvania Game Commission

[email protected]

To find your local House Representative & Senator go to:

http://www.house.state.pa.us/
Woody Williams

ninepointer

Post by ninepointer »

Does there exist a report, upon which the Commission based its initial decision? Anybody know the link? Just curious as to the reort's findings and to what extent other jurisdictions, including Ontario, might have been looked at.
Slick Trick 100 gr. Standard broadheads
Groundpounder Quiver Mount