1st Amdmt battle could affect the entire outdoor community

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Big58cal

1st Amdmt battle could affect the entire outdoor community

Post by Big58cal »

First Amendment battle could possibly affect the entire outdoor community

Click here for the full story courtesy of The St. Joseph News Press (MO)
The Only Purpose Of Bread Is To Hold Meat!

Common Sense Isn't Common Any More..........

"Salad isn't food. Salad is what food eats." --- Ellwoodjake

I'm a second-hand vegetarian. Deer eat vegetables, I eat deer.
wheelie

Post by wheelie »

I assume you are talking gun registration. We used to get all that talk up here in Canada as well in the beginning. We go on and I think there is more to worry about as in these lobby groups for animal rights than registration. People say it don't work. Depends how you look at it. If cops go in to bust a drug dealer whom has a gun on the coffee table and find no drugs they can get him for having an unregistered firearm. Same as street gangs they won't register there guns either. By no means is our system gr8 years later but it is something in my opinion. It gets rid of alot of guns that people just have sitting in the furnace room or closet for 40 years and never pay attention to and would never know if kids took it or something.
Only thing I wish is we could hunt with a handgun. I don't own one cause you can only shoot them at a gun range. Have to file a travel route to the range and home with the police when transporting it.
Goverment will do what they want when they want and we can do nothing about it anyways.

As for being illegal tto hunt, goverment gets to much money into the cash cow from it and they won't stop it. If you hunt out of season or shoot against the rules, well one deserves to get busted. Canada has been through all this nonsence ten years ago and some still goes on but not as much as the past. Animal groups are getting more high profile and we all must banned together to fight them. Thats why I don't understand the fight with bow hunters against crossbows. All that does is put a split in between us when we should be working together.

First part I wrote before I clicked on article but will leave it there cause that is another fight I hear is going on in US now.
dlzinck

Post by dlzinck »

Read a little further down the article to the comments. This comment was posted:

"The indictment arose out of an investigation by federal and Pennsylvania law enforcement agents who had discovered
that Stevens had been advertising pit bull related videos and
merchandise through his business. Stevens advertised these
videos in Sporting Dog Journal, an underground publication
featuring articles on illegal dogfighting. Law enforcement
officers arranged to buy three videotapes from Stevens, which
form the basis for each of the counts in the indictment. The first
two tapes, entitled “Pick-A-Winna” and “Japan Pit Fights,”
show circa 1960s and 70s footage of organized dog fights that
occurred in the United States and involved pit bulls, as well as
footage of more recent dog fights, also involving pit bulls, from
Japan. The third video, entitled “Catch Dogs,” shows footage
of hunting excursions in which pit bulls were used to “catch”
wild boar, as well as footage of pit bulls being trained to
perform the function of catching and subduing hogs or boars.
This video includes a gruesome depiction of a pit bull attacking
the lower jaw of a domestic farm pig. The footage in all three
videos is accompanied by introductions, narration and
commentary by Stevens, as well as accompanying literature of
which Stevens is the author.

That is a sample of the whats in the idictment. How about you print what the whole story is and portray this clown as someone that is on video legally taking wildlife being prosecuted."

I understand the concearn about broad verbage and the potential abuse this could result in from government. However, if this comment is true, and I don't know that it is, and they want to use this law to put this guy away.... I'm not sure I'd mind that.