Who films their hunts?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

bojangles

Who films their hunts?

Post by bojangles »

Im gonna film my hunts this year and post them on here.....just wondering if anyone else fims their hunts?
dick195252

Post by dick195252 »

I have thought of trying it, what kind of set up are you useing?
Exomax, Lumizone, Boo String, NRA, ACf, Member, [Proud Grandpa!!!]
bojangles

Post by bojangles »

I bought a sony handycam(DCR-SX40,with 4 gig hardrive) off of my brother inlaw for a good price..and while it still produces nice video I went ahead and bought a canon vixia high defintion camcorder...although I just read in the manual there are temperature requirements.no lower than 32 degress :? ..I planned on using it during the winter too,when it gets below 32 quite often and it was kinda expensive so I think i'll just use the handycam for hunting that way if something would happen to the camcorder I wouldnt be out near as much money as I would be with the canon.. and keep the canon for family events.The handycam is a great camcorder to film hunts with...now it aint gonna be professional but it does a pretty good darn job IMO so far in my testing ....As for filming I got a gorilla camera tree arm...Dont know how the video will turn out since ill be by myself filming...should be fun to see my hunts after im done though
lscha

Post by lscha »

Wish I could get into that. I checked it out and the camera is just too expensive for me right now. I was looking at that Sony and the addition of the control handle seems to be the way to go.

I did get the idea from another forum of strapping my phone to my forehead and taking short vids that way. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I'll let you know how that works out for me.
Laura
Vixen II/Optimizer/RamCats/NGSS
Camx
Boo strings, top mounts
[url]http://www.michigancrossbowfederation.org[/url]
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Michigan-Crossbow-Federation/122974954384381
bait pile willie

Post by bait pile willie »

I have videoed bear hunts,but not deer.
saxman

Post by saxman »

I would like to
Scott
http://www.myspace.com/saxman1

Take a kid hunting
They don't remember their best day of watching TV

Excalibur Equinox
TruGlo Red/Green Dot
NGSS Absorber by NewGuy
Custom strings by BOO
Groundpounder Top Mount
ACF Member - 2011
Adrian J Hare

Post by Adrian J Hare »

Most times I do

Ontario Hunting Lodge
http://z13.invisionfree.com/Ont_Hunting_Lodge/index.php?act=idx
dick195252

Post by dick195252 »

Adrian it looks like your ready to film the Super Bowl 8) That looks a lot out of my price range.
FredBear

Post by FredBear »

I film my own hunts. You are in for some fun. Filming brings a whole new challenge to the game. Being by yourself makes it even harder. You will most likely enjoy it! I know I do. I'm using the gorilla arm also. I plan on upgrading next year to a more professional camera arm. Look forward to seeing your videos.
Adrian J Hare

Post by Adrian J Hare »

dick195252 wrote:Adrian it looks like your ready to film the Super Bowl 8) That looks a lot out of my price range.
Yes lots of fun and lots of frustration also. We killed a Blacky on that hunt too .....I went high end with equipment but I do plan on using the footage.
Ontario Hunting Lodge
http://z13.invisionfree.com/Ont_Hunting_Lodge/index.php?act=idx
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

I use a bushnell videoscope mounted to my lumizone. Its alright, but in very low light it does not take great footage. otherwise it takes good video. I shot a buck last year and I was able to replay the video to find my shot placement.(used a luminok too) Its very handy for that! You can then loosely judge how long you should wait until tracking.
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
Shotnbeer

Post by Shotnbeer »

lol. most of mine would be blank film. the good ones happen to fast :lol:
cholafxsti

Post by cholafxsti »

Anyone tried to put video camera on Ground Pounder? My buddy has his video camera on his Matthews with a mount he bought at Cabelas. The vibration is noticable but not too bad. He has to hold bow after release. With Xbow on a shooting rail the holding still part would be reduced. Vibration might be real bad.
Chola
saxman

Post by saxman »

cholafxsti wrote:Anyone tried to put video camera on Ground Pounder? My buddy has his video camera on his Matthews with a mount he bought at Cabelas. The vibration is noticable but not too bad. He has to hold bow after release. With Xbow on a shooting rail the holding still part would be reduced. Vibration might be real bad.
I did it
Worked great
Scott
http://www.myspace.com/saxman1

Take a kid hunting
They don't remember their best day of watching TV

Excalibur Equinox
TruGlo Red/Green Dot
NGSS Absorber by NewGuy
Custom strings by BOO
Groundpounder Top Mount
ACF Member - 2011
dick195252

Post by dick195252 »

I have a hard enough time just getting a good shot off with out being busted now, Let alone trying to film it :lol: :lol: