Slick Tricks work

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

cholafxsti

Slick Tricks work

Post by cholafxsti »

Guys I tried test shooting Slick Trick broadheads and they did great. One inch right or so and same height. I adjusted scope and I am very happy with results. Let's say close enough that I can lay the hammer down!!
Thanks for the advice on which broadhead to buy. :D
Chola
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

What's really amazing about the Slicks is the damage they do and the trails they leave. I'm speaking of the original offering, not the 'new stuff' the last year or two. I got mine on the advice of Danny Miller ans once I assembled them and mounted them on an arrow, to be honest, I thought, WTF? How can these be that great?

My early target testing was impressive but still had nagging doubts about their small appearance.

All I can say is go for it! I'm sure there are other bheads as good, but once I tried these, I flat quit looking!
"Eze 18:21"
dlzinck

Post by dlzinck »

awshucks wrote:What's really amazing about the Slicks is the damage they do and the trails they leave. I'm speaking of the original offering, not the 'new stuff' the last year or two. I got mine on the advice of Danny Miller ans once I assembled them and mounted them on an arrow, to be honest, I thought, WTF? How can these be that great?

My early target testing was impressive but still had nagging doubts about their small appearance.

All I can say is go for it! I'm sure there are other bheads as good, but once I tried these, I flat quit looking!
I have heard this from everyone that has tried the slick tricks and shot a deer with them. For what ever reason, even with thier minimal apperance, they make a devastating wound. Quick kills and easy tracking is what it is about.

Is there anyone on this board that has make a good shot with slick tricks and been disapointed with the results??
[img]http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s259/dlzinck/arrow.gif[/img]

Good hunting!!
Pround member of Team PETA
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

I found that the slick tricks did not fly like my feild tips at all. I was using firebolts and luminoks at the time. The one deer i took with them hit too far back. But despite the bad hit that deer bleed out fast . So I guess you can say that I had good and bad results with them. Now that my set up is slightly different I think I would find that the slicks would fly a bit better.

So my experience is: Bad hit, good results
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
Bambiblaster

Post by Bambiblaster »

Which Trick are you using :?:
EXCAL VORTEX
S5
VARI-ZONE
LUMINOCK FIREBOLTS
CROSS TRICKS
WYVERN QUIVER MOUNT
Treelimb 3-Arrow Quiver
Bob1961 Red Cocking Rope
Cossack

Post by Cossack »

Not me several times. First one was a broadside at 27 yards, went 40. One was a bad hit, deflected off limb hit too far back..in paunch. Deer never left my sight. Lay down and expired. Hit the pyloric artery it turns out.
Vortex, Phoenix, single-shot rifles and handguns.
Incurable tinkerer.
Why hunt? Simple, it's BASIC. Why breath?!
crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

mine grouped 1-2inches to the right also.. which wasnt a big deal for me either at the time. Still one of the best grouping fixed blade heads out there I think;)

Slicks will do the job for anyone;) I just went with rage because I wanted the exact same fieldtip flight

but yes slicks are small, but they make one hellova wound 8)
sumner4991

Post by sumner4991 »

crazyfarmer wrote:
but yes slicks are small, but they make one hellova wound 8)
That's mainly because of the four blades. They are small, but, tend to make up the cutting surface by adding the fourth blade. The Slick Trick probably has just as much cutting surface as the rage. The more cutting the better, all else being equal.
I'd rather wear out than rust out.
Perception trumps intention.

2006 Exomax w/Agingcrossbower Custom Stock
20" Easton Powerbolts w/125gr Trophy Ridge Stricknines & 2"Blazers
Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen
cholafxsti

Post by cholafxsti »

I'm using the magnum 125.
Chola