Trail Camera

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Limbs and Sticks

p

Post by Limbs and Sticks »

I never said it was the best just I haven't seen any look any better than what I got and still haven't, This doesn't make me mad at all Fred, I got a couple of those 300.00 cams I don't see any difference

Huntone you can get a moultrie d40 at bass pro 89.00 bucks get the two yr warranty with it also, 20 bucks more for that worth it

Wes
"Maxine"
1.75x5 Burris scope
Boo string
STS
Feathered easton 2020's
Magnus stingers
bojangles

Post by bojangles »

definatley worth the $90 it appears..Is it the most crystal clear image?no,but its pretty darn good,and for $90 just makes it even better :)
huntone

Post by huntone »

Dale

Ibex
Lumizone
Dan Miller mount
Limbs and Sticks

reviews

Post by Limbs and Sticks »

Yep compare reviews there and a few other places not very much bad said about them

Wes
"Maxine"
1.75x5 Burris scope
Boo string
STS
Feathered easton 2020's
Magnus stingers
bull_dogg

Post by bull_dogg »

I have used the wildgame for 2 years now and it takes not bad pics. Its no bushnell trophy or a cuddeback but its not bad. Battery life is good on it.
sumner4991

Post by sumner4991 »

I really don't care if I can hang it on the wall after taking the picture. However, that would be nice. I mainly want to see what's out there. I've been waiting on the prices to come down to reasonable. If you guys would stop paying $300 for them, then we would get them for $30. :shock:
I'd rather wear out than rust out.
Perception trumps intention.

2006 Exomax w/Agingcrossbower Custom Stock
20" Easton Powerbolts w/125gr Trophy Ridge Stricknines & 2"Blazers
Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen
crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

i saw some pics finally from the wildgame innovations cameras posted and they look ok.. it almost looked like a artist painted the picture on a canvas. Is it the best pic out there.. no.. but if you can count 8-10pts then it works :P :D

keep in mind, you normally see the best pictures from any camera posted. Ill admitt that maybe 30% of the pics I get off each camera arent great. They are fine to look at, but sometimes the deer is moving, its foggy, or its just a weird offlight hour. You always see the good pics posted. You never see blury or bad ones posted :P

But Ill say this.. one good pic of a nice buck will make any investment worth the money :D If I didnt have any buck pics on these 10 cams, I wouldnt be to happy right now. Im glad I got mine out early though.. May - July were the best movement months on camera.

Wes, I wanted to set my cam up at the hunting show in front of Tiff;) I'd be happy with 300000 images of her :P
Boo

Post by Boo »

I agree with Scott, it isn't like anyone is going to mount and hang a game cam pic. Certainly a much more expensive cam is going to capture a much better picture of something you are going to eventually delete! :shock:
Just think if everyone only bought cheap but good cams, you could have at least twice the cams, may be five times the cams! Wouldn't that make you a more effective head hunter? Granted, if spending money on something nice turns your crank but it seems counter productive to me! Please some one educate me on why I should spend several hundred bucks on these things! You can, without question see more than you need in Wes' cams, infact they are pretty good. I think newbies are would be more apt to buy game cams if they knew which less expensive ones took decent pictures. I know I am going out to buy a couple of the ones Wes has!
Some people just like stepping on rakes
Mike P

Post by Mike P »

At the farm we just changed from $400 plus cams to ones that are half that price. We did it for many of the reasons Boo cites. But we never delete the pictures, they are all identified and recorded. The pictures are our report card as to how our programs are working.

We need a reliable cam with great battery life, IR capability and picture quality capable of enough detail that we can identify individual deer. In addition we want a very fast trigger speed.

And we want it for the cheapest price we can find.

So far that has been $200.00 US.
crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

im not spending more than 200 on any camera to put in the woods btw:-P

199.99 is the top of the line for me :P

as Mike said, I save each pic and record it in file. Kind alike our cattle. I have a starting record for each deer now. I have 2 photo albums printed out to keep in my truck for quick reference if someone kills one I think I have on camera also. Onething I want it detailed pictures since quite a few of these bucks look just alot. One little sticker around the base could mean the difference in knowing which buck was taken:)

but ive got 5x10's of the bigger bucks I have on camera printed and framed LOL..

yes, I take this obession farther than others.. in 20 years, Ill have walls of books with pictures of deer. It will be something neat for my kids to look at and pass down and hopefully keep it going :lol:

but if you want good images, the homebrews are the way to go. They have some of the sharpest photos I have seen. I just dont have the tools to make them
DuckHunt

Re: pics

Post by DuckHunt »

Limbs and Bolts wrote:This is my 89.00 worth of detail, I'll keep spending 89.00 dollars hands down
I'd pay $89 for that! It accomplishes the mission and I wouldn't cry (as bad) if it came up missing.

DuckHunt
stump

game cams

Post by stump »

I have an older moultrie D40 and just bought another. I may not get the high resolution of a higher priced, higher pixel camera, but that's not my goal. I'm just trying to find out what's in the area.
The only caveat about the moultries is that the service isn't always as good as their products.
FredBear

Post by FredBear »

I'm not in the business of looking at pretty deer pictures. I want my pictures to have deer in them, and show detail everytime. When I look at a buck from year to year I sometimes need the detail. Young bucks are hard to judge from year to year with grainy pictures. Every hunter is different. Some like to look at deer pictures, others like to look at the deer in the pictures. That is why I use what I use (cuddeback experts), but high end camera's are becoming a thing of the past. Most companies are going cheaper to sell more cameras. Maybe I will have to switch cameras myself in another two years. Until then I will use what I consider the best camera on the market.
xbowkidd

Post by xbowkidd »

crazyfarmer wrote:
but if you want good images, the homebrews are the way to go. They have some of the sharpest photos I have seen. I just dont have the tools to make them
can you explain homebrews?
Team Dryfire
huntone

Post by huntone »

xbowkidd wrote:
crazyfarmer wrote:
can you explain homebrews?
Here http://www.chasingame.com/articles/0805 ... mebrew.htm
Dale

Ibex
Lumizone
Dan Miller mount