Trail Camera

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

bbbwb

Trail Camera

Post by bbbwb »

This topic has been tossed around before and there is a consensus of preference cameras noted. However I don't recall any mention of the Wildgame Inventions, 4mp ,infrared flash operated by 4 C cell batteries. It came to my attention in a Wing Supply ad for $89.99.
Has anyone had experience or know something about them --good or bad?

Thanks for any comments.

bbbwb
FredBear

Post by FredBear »

I have a cousin with two wildgame camera's. I pull the cards for him, and send him the buck pictures. The wildgame camera is the WORST pictures from a trail cam I have ever seen. I will post some pictures iif you would like.
crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

you get what you pay for it seems... i'd rather spend more in the 200 dollar range and get something you know will last a few years and actaully get deer on camera.

ive heard good and bad about that camera... so I cant help ya
huntfishfam

Post by huntfishfam »

Have a look at this site www.chasingame.com they have reviews for game cam's.
Sean
I hunt,I fish,I am
Get clean, lean and healthy with isagenix. I can show you how.
warningshot

Post by warningshot »

I agree with crazyfarmer ...spend a bit more and get one that will perform better, use less batteries and last longer ....i thought i had a decent camera before but would get only portions of animals due to slow trigger speed ....i picked up a better camera and set it in the same spot ...now getting great pics of full bodied critters ... on my 3rd set of batteries on the el cheapo camera and still running the original batteries on the more expensive camera with way more shots taken as well ...jmpo
bbbwb

Trail Camera

Post by bbbwb »

Thanks for your comments. They are good enough for me to forget this one and stay with the ones recommended before,

bbbwb
crazyfarmer

Re: Trail Camera

Post by crazyfarmer »

bbbwb wrote:Thanks for your comments. They are good enough for me to forget this one and stay with the ones recommended before,

bbbwb
btw, the 89.99 price is what sells them... people see a 89.99 and think man thats cheap, ill get that... the dont even listen to themselves when they say "cheap" :P

granted for 89.99 its good for somewhere public.. if it gets stolen, its not a 300 dollar camera :P

but if someone steals it, they will probably bring it back 2 days later for you.. LMAO :P :lol:
bbbwb

Trail Camera

Post by bbbwb »

CrazyFarmer.
I hear what you are saying and as mentioned I know that this has been commented on before. I have been looking at the Bushnell trophy Cams as per your info on this topic before. Interesting though most stores carry the model with the viewing feature --- and of course that is the more expensive model.
From all of this info being aired, I am going with your comments. It is wonderful to have this window to learn about products first hand.
Thanks to all for your input.
bbbwb
Limbs and Sticks

post sub

Post by Limbs and Sticks »

MY little 89.99 moultrie d40 still getting it done haven't seen a pic on here any better than what it takes yet and some not as good, plus my 2yr warranty, like a lot of other people I to thought cheap, I wish I had that 600.00 bucks back on those other two, because I would have 6 more d40 knock them If you want as the saying goes a pic worth a thousand words

Wes
"Maxine"
1.75x5 Burris scope
Boo string
STS
Feathered easton 2020's
Magnus stingers
crazyfarmer

Re: post sub

Post by crazyfarmer »

Limbs and Bolts wrote:MY little 89.99 moultrie d40 still getting it done haven't seen a pic on here any better than what it takes yet and some not as good, plus my 2yr warranty, like a lot of other people I to thought cheap, I wish I had that 600.00 bucks back on those other two, because I would have 6 more d40 knock them If you want as the saying goes a pic worth a thousand words

Wes
beauty is in the eye of the beholder :P

a friends 200 dollar stealth cam just blew up today on him.. he only had the thing for 1 year.. cameras are hit and miss.. one could work and one may not work for another

ive yet to see anything out contrast the cuddebacks as far as sharp and clear images go. The bushnell models take good pics. But cuddeback shows alot more detail. I like wall framed pics :P

bbb.. here are a few shots if you want to compare

cuddeback capture

same buck(closer up).. sure they look good close, but notice the other buck in focus. Notice the sharp white colors and detail on him as well. You can actaully make out the hair off his rear leg as if its touchable

bushnell trophy cam pics
IR mode(of coarse you wont get the contrast as with flash)

daytime.. pretty good pic for the bushnell

btw, these are downsized, but the full images look exactly the same.

cuddeback - 1 year warranty
bushnell - 2 year warranty

hands down cuddeback wins in the picture department between the 2 if I had to pick... btw, I took photography for 4 years in college lol :P
FredBear

Re: post sub

Post by FredBear »

Limbs and Bolts wrote:MY little 89.99 moultrie d40 still getting it done haven't seen a pic on here any better than what it takes yet and some not as good, plus my 2yr warranty, like a lot of other people I to thought cheap, I wish I had that 600.00 bucks back on those other two, because I would have 6 more d40 knock them If you want as the saying goes a pic worth a thousand words

Wes
Let's see these great pictures Wes :D
huntone

Post by huntone »

Some of the lower priced game cams,100.00, are fine for using around
feeding stations and some of them take pics that will rival those
taken by the Cuddlebacks.

Most white flash cameras will take pics that are clearer and sharper
than an IR camera during dusk and dawn hours, because of the flash.

I have high end cuddlebacks that I've been using for 4 years and
a trophy cam since April, when they first came out. No problems with
any of them.... YET :!:
Dale

Ibex
Lumizone
Dan Miller mount
Limbs and Sticks

pics

Post by Limbs and Sticks »

This is my 89.00 worth of detail, I'll keep spending 89.00 dollars hands down

Wes
Last edited by Limbs and Sticks on Mon Aug 31, 2009 10:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Maxine"
1.75x5 Burris scope
Boo string
STS
Feathered easton 2020's
Magnus stingers
huntone

Post by huntone »

That looks as clear as my Cuddlebacks, and much better than my Trophy Cam. I wouldn't mind having
one of those....

You can get some good info here http://www.chasingame.com/
Last edited by huntone on Mon Aug 31, 2009 10:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dale

Ibex
Lumizone
Dan Miller mount
FredBear

Post by FredBear »

Wes I think that your pictures are GREAT for a $90 camera, but I don't think you can say that it is the best picture quailty. I'm not trying to make you mad at all. I just think the high end cameras clearly takes better pictures. I'm not so sure they are $300 better :lol: , but I think they are better non the less.