So I just watched the Grim Reaper BH video.......

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

IAMCANADIAN

So I just watched the Grim Reaper BH video.......

Post by IAMCANADIAN »

......seemed pretty impressive (as you'd expect from a manufacturer's video of course), but it intrigued me enough to ask here if anyone has used them.

Any experience with these heads?

IAC
If you can't set a good example, at least serve as a horrible warning.
sumner4991

Post by sumner4991 »

None . . .however, I know guys that use them and swear by them. Have they come out with a 2" cut, three blade broadhead yet? I told those guys when they did, then I'd give them a try.
I'd rather wear out than rust out.
Perception trumps intention.

2006 Exomax w/Agingcrossbower Custom Stock
20" Easton Powerbolts w/125gr Trophy Ridge Stricknines & 2"Blazers
Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen
Adrian J Hare

Post by Adrian J Hare »

Yep, I use them and they are one of the best I have used. I'm sure others work as well but as a machanical they fly nice and do the job intended.

Here some proof - Grim Reapers 100gn 1 3/8 cut

One of my bear baits (note the date and time)

Now note the date and time and look standing beside the tree and the colour change of the bark :wink:
Ontario Hunting Lodge
http://z13.invisionfree.com/Ont_Hunting_Lodge/index.php?act=idx
Boo

Post by Boo »

Wow! :shock:
Some people just like stepping on rakes
bait pile willie

Post by bait pile willie »

last wk at bear camp a buddy from maryland shot a 345 lb bear double lung with a grim reaper, bear went about100 yds, with little or no blood trail,entrance and exit holes were small,.it was shot so there was lots of daylight,so recovery was easy.night tracking would have been impossible.every shot is different.another bear shot with a rage 3 blade had a massive hole.stillwent about 60yds..my bear shot with a 100gr stryker went only 60 feet.go figure.
wabi

Post by wabi »

I tried them out of my 175# Exocet. Accuracy was good but when I tested them I put a sheet of paper several inches in front to the foam target to see what the blades were doing. Out of 3 heads tested 2 consistently had one blade cutting the paper in an open position with the other two closed. I'm reasonably sure it was opening on the paper because accuracy was still good, but I reasoned if it was that easy to deploy it might open in flight and cause a poor hit, or even possibly open on touching hair on the deer and cause a deflection. I chose not to hunt with these heads, and that was then end of my testing with them.
wabi