crossbow deer season - how long and how many deer?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

wabi

crossbow deer season - how long and how many deer?

Post by wabi »

Just curious how long season lasts for everyone, and how many deer you can kill with your crossbow.
Here in Ohio crossbows are included in the list of allowable equipment from Sept. 26, 2009 until Feb. 7, 2010 this hunting season. That gives 135 days to kill up to 6 deer in my zone. Only one antlered deer allowed per season in Ohio. About the only days I don't crossbow hunt is gun season Nov 30 - Dec 6 + Dec 19 & 20 and muzzleloader season Jan 9 - 12.
wabi
dick195252

Post by dick195252 »

Have 94 days and i can shoot 3 doe per day, 3 buck for the whole season. so if my math is right i could harvest {279} Deer. Now we all know that will not happen but you could by unit L in Tennessee regulations. I am shooting for 3 for the season that should feed the family for the year. I allso have about 40 pounds of Crappie and Bluegill fillets in the freezer, and hope to get into some walleyes this fall :wink: :D
Exomax, Lumizone, Boo String, NRA, ACf, Member, [Proud Grandpa!!!]
DuckHunt

Post by DuckHunt »

In WV I can't use my crossbow at all. :cry:

Just over the mountain in VA I can hunt doe from Sept 5 to Oct 2, except Sundays, and can take two per day. From Oct 3 till Oct 30, except Sundays, I can take up to three bucks and unlimited doe (unlimited tags for purchase) with a two-per day limit.

Then muzzleloader season starts Oct 31 followed by gun Nov 14. I can hunt bucks until Jan 2, 2010 then continue hunting doe until Mar 27, 2010.

The three buck limit applies to the whole season with all methods as does the two-per-day max. As for doe, the tags are unlimited where I hunt.

DuckHunt
dutchhunter

hunting

Post by dutchhunter »

in southern ontario we can hunt from the first of october till dec 31 .but we must hang up are bows for the shot gun season one week in november and one week in december .we can kill seven deer this year as well DUTCH
addicted to canadian beaver
PABOWDUDE60

Post by PABOWDUDE60 »

In Pa I have 1 buck tag and 2 doe tags. In Delaware I have 1 regular buck tag and 1 trophy buck tag, 2 antlerless tags (doe or buck under 3 inches) and 2 doe tags. The farm we lease has 200 crop damage tags.We have about 20 guys that hunt it.
09 Exomax
Lumizone
Boo String
Ground Pounder Mount
Crazy Farmer Alum Camo Arrows With Bolt Cutter BHs
2016 Bull Dog 400 diablo bolts bolt cutters
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

Here in Mo. we start on sept. 15 and its ends jan. 15. allowed couple of Bucks & unlimited Doe's no limit either season nor daily. you need to buy tags for each one at $7 each. i have been issued 5 land owner tags free fer deer & 3 fer turkeys
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
Horizontal Hunter

Post by Horizontal Hunter »

The Massachusetts archery season runs from October 12th to November 21st. Two buck tags come with the license and there is a lottery for doe tags by hunting zones. Any left over doe permits can be bought over the counter.

I also hunt Connecticut which runs from September 15th to December 31st. In Connecticut you get 2 either sex tags and 2 antlerless tags. There is also a special January season that runs form January 1st to the 31st. For the January season you are allowed 1 either sex tags and 1 antlerless tags.

I have a crossbow permit for both states that allows me to hunt with a crossbow though Connecticut this year will now allow any hunter to hunt with a crossbow in the January season only.

Bob
Vegetarian: vejiˈte(ə)rēən/noun: old Indian word for lousy hunter.
Excalibur Exocet, GT Laser II, 2" Bhoning Blazers 125g NAP Spitfire
crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

3 bucks tags here and unlimited doe as long as you buy extra tags

Oct 3rd untill Jan 2nd is the whole season I believe
MidTnHunter

Post by MidTnHunter »

Same numbers as dick195252 here in Tn.
Equinox with S5
SpitFires 100 gr with brass inserts
Leupold Crossbones Scope
ACF Member - 2009
Tenn. Equinox

Post by Tenn. Equinox »

I live inTenn but I hunt Virginia. Same season as Crazy farmer
Tenn.

Equinox
michiganman

hunting

Post by michiganman »

if you buy the combo tag,you can shoot 1 buck any size over 3" antlers,and one 4 points or larger one side.combo means tags can be used bow,gun,muzzleloader
doe season varies,but up to 5 for some areas.
turkey thumper
Rocket Broadhead staff
Throphy Ridge advisory staff
Boo strings
excalibur
paker tornado
michiganman

season

Post by michiganman »

season is oct 1st to nov 14th,and all december for some areas
turkey thumper
Rocket Broadhead staff
Throphy Ridge advisory staff
Boo strings
excalibur
paker tornado
vortex

Post by vortex »

in my area--starts Oct 1st till Dec 15th except for the 1st two weeks in Nov (for rifle). Only allowed 1 deer (a buck in any WMU or a doe if you are lucky in the draw for the WMU you choose) :x
ps: WMU=Wildlife Management Unit
Excalibur Vortex
Vari-Zone Scope
OFAH Member
www.wildcam.ca
www.excaliburcrossbow.com
www.ontariooutofdoors.com
Chuck Gravel

Post by Chuck Gravel »

Here in jersey we start sept 12. and go all the way to feb 30 if im correct
sept 12- october 30 is fall bow
october 31- december 31 is permit bow
january 1- october 30 is winter bow.
Im pretty sure its unlimited does and 1 buck for winter and one for fall bow and you can buy an additional buck tag for the permit bow. please correct me if im wrong
Excalibur Equinox
Lumi-Zone
Viper-X- Strings
NGSS (newguy)
vortex pro extreme 125
Arkbow

deer season

Post by Arkbow »

Arkansas season is oct 1 thru feb 28 with no breaks; some WMA close jan 31 but most goes thru feb 28; total deer is 4 but only 2 can be bucks and we have a 3 point system that requires a buck to have 3 points on one side for it to be legal;
Hunt hard, respect what you hunt and waste no meat;