MAXIMUS CROSSBOWS.

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

Pydpiper wrote:I am looking forward to Bills opinion on this, I am sure he is aware of the bow but it runs deeper than that. Bill runs a full page add for Excalibur in that magazine, a tremendous expense, plus the fact that Excalibur is a major sponsor for OFAH, who supplied that magazine to my home because of the membership. For the magazine to not only allow advertisments for a clone but to also support it represents a huge conflict of interest.
I look forward to watching this unfold, clones piss me off.
Exactly my thoughts. Maximus advertises twice in the mag. Once near the back in the sponsers pagespg 101, and near the middle on pg 24 under the title "hot stuff"
Hot indeed.

I also Noticed that the ecalibur logo is the first logo displayed in the GOLD sponser section.of the ofah pull out. pg 15. And of course the full page add on pg 5. Interesting.
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
ninepointer

Post by ninepointer »

I think I'm detecting some sarcasm in some of the previous comments. I'll have you all know that I've heard from a reliable source that this cutting edge crossbow technology has been developed by the same respected scientists who brought us Scent-Lok.
Slick Trick 100 gr. Standard broadheads
Groundpounder Quiver Mount
Bayou Stalker

Post by Bayou Stalker »

ninepointer wrote:I think I'm detecting some sarcasm in some of the previous comments. I'll have you all know that I've heard from a reliable source that this cutting edge crossbow technology has been developed by the same respected scientists who brought us Scent-Lok.
It's true. The most amazing feature is when your FPS start to fall, you can take the limbs off and put them in the dryer and your velocity will be completely restored!
Kendall
08 ExoMax
Boo String
GroundPounder quiver mount
Varizone
CrazyFarmer CowWacker Bolts (brass, 2" Predators)
Rage 3 Blades
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

Sum Ting Wong
"Eze 18:21"
sumner4991

Post by sumner4991 »

Only the uneducated will buy them. Then they will get the education of a lifetime.

wabi . . .good one. :lol:
I'd rather wear out than rust out.
Perception trumps intention.

2006 Exomax w/Agingcrossbower Custom Stock
20" Easton Powerbolts w/125gr Trophy Ridge Stricknines & 2"Blazers
Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen
josh1963

Maximus bonesplitter crossbows

Post by josh1963 »

Made in Stayner Ontario By Walker downriggers.Look alot like my Equinox.Bonesplitter 225 Specifications 370 fps with a 325 grain arrow,Weight 7.3 lbs, length 39.4 width 36.2
2008 Excalibur Equinox
AP scope package
Firebolts, NGSS,Ground pounder,s-coil stabilizer,Extender and cheekpiece
greener

Maximus Crossbows

Post by greener »

These crossbows are NOT made in Stayner Ont. They are in fact imported from China and marketed in Ontario by a company based in Stayner , that is also a distributor of Walker Downriggers. There are subtle differences between the Maximus and Excalibur when both are compared up close. I have shot the Maximus 200. It is obvious that the Excalibur design is being mimicked. The camo design is different and the pistol grip is bulkier. These bows will be cheaper retail but only for Excalibur Wannabe's
Boo

Post by Boo »

The ads should read

From the makers of poison baby food, poison dog food and lead painted toys!
Some people just like stepping on rakes
Baycor

Post by Baycor »

I'm hoping they are safe, for $200 more you get the real deal proven to be safe and accurate. SHould you pop limbs or something, have fun waiting for parts, on the other hand, if it's a replica excal parts may fit...and in the end Excal gets more sales....who know how the owners feel.

Ford invented the car, you can't stop others to manufacture cars....replica is one thing...if Ford was to build a porche and put a Ford Logo on it...it's an instant lawsuit...

I'll wait to read more reports on them...
josh1963

Re: Maximus Crossbows

Post by josh1963 »

greener wrote:These crossbows are NOT made in Stayner Ont. They are in fact imported from China and marketed in Ontario by a company based in Stayner , that is also a distributor of Walker Downriggers. There are subtle differences between the Maximus and Excalibur when both are compared up close. I have shot the Maximus 200. It is obvious that the Excalibur design is being mimicked. The camo design is different and the pistol grip is bulkier. These bows will be cheaper retail but only for Excalibur Wannabe's
I am sorry they are assembled in Stayner At Walker downriggers factory 209 side street Stayner.
2008 Excalibur Equinox
AP scope package
chessy

Post by chessy »

Boo wrote:The ads should read

From the makers of poison baby food, poison dog food and lead painted toys!
so instead of taking the crossbow home at night you can leave if for the deer to snif hopefully it will die of poisoning ..... cant you be charged for hunting at night ....
Boo

Post by Boo »

josh1963 wrote:
greener wrote:These crossbows are NOT made in Stayner Ont. They are in fact imported from China and marketed in Ontario by a company based in Stayner , that is also a distributor of Walker Downriggers. There are subtle differences between the Maximus and Excalibur when both are compared up close. I have shot the Maximus 200. It is obvious that the Excalibur design is being mimicked. The camo design is different and the pistol grip is bulkier. These bows will be cheaper retail but only for Excalibur Wannabe's
I am sorry they are assembled in Stayner At Walker downriggers factory 209 side street Stayner.
If the parts are made in China it is still Chinese junk! Not to mention that it is still a copy or a lookalike. Josh, what is your association with this abomination?
Some people just like stepping on rakes
josh1963

Post by josh1963 »

If the parts are made in China it is still Chinese junk! Not to mention that it is still a copy or a lookalike. Josh, what is your association with this abomination?[/quote]I have no association with maximus.I was just wondering what they were like.I live 15 minutes south Stayner.But from what I read I will stay with my Equinox.
2008 Excalibur Equinox
AP scope package
chris4570

Post by chris4570 »

Fishing World in Hamilton has one for sale right next to the Excal line. I wonder how Bill T feels about that??? Seems like a conflict of interests.

It looks very similar. Magtipped limbs, dissipator bars, thumbhole stock, riser, trigger, rail.
You can take the man out of the woods but you can't take the woods out of the man.

"Celebrate your harvest with a Bloodtrail Ale(tm)!!"
"It CAN Be Done!"
theoldarcher

Post by theoldarcher »

Imitation is the best form of flattery!