MAXIMUS CROSSBOWS.

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Crispy

Post by Crispy »

Wonder what their customer service is like? I'm sure it will never be as good as Excals! And I'm sure their products are inferior as well!
wheelie

Post by wheelie »

Kinda like riding a Honda and wanting people to think you are on a Harley huh? LOL
greener

Maximus Crossbows

Post by greener »

Further to a previous post I submitted on the Maximus crossbows. I had an opportunity to chronograph a 225lb. model right from the box with the supplied aluminum arrows. FPS was consistant at 317FPS, no where close to the 370fps as advertised. The chrony is regularily used to test Excals. and is accurate. On close exmaination of these crossbows, there are numerous differences from an Excalibur. At a distance or in a picture they appear to be similar. Anyone that has an opportunity to actually handle and shoot a Maximus should. You will soon realize there is no comparison. I'am not bad mouthing this product just offering an honest opinion. Excalibur has nothing to worry about. And yes, these crossbows are made in China. Also the scope is a no-name brand that might better be suited for a small cal. rifle
warningshot

Post by warningshot »

doesn't look like much but competition is a good thing ...forces people to be better ...
theoldarcher

Post by theoldarcher »

I don't think that you can get much better than an Excalibur crossbow no matter where your from!
Ken360

Maximus Crossbows

Post by Ken360 »

They have them at canadacrossbow.com too, they seem to like them.
Ken360

Not the best.

Post by Ken360 »

Hi,

I'm new to this site, but as I read through the posts it looks like people think Excaliburs are the best. The truth is that their not. Ten point is by far the best crossbow company. They cost twice as much, but the quality is awesome. Horton has a decent bow thats much quieter than the Excalibur. Excalibur has a good product, but don't be fooled. They are not the best.

FYI. I've been hunting with Excalibur and Tenpoint equipment for over ten years. Awaiting your hatemail.
Pydpiper

Re: Not the best.

Post by Pydpiper »

Ken360 wrote:Hi,

I'm new to this site, but as I read through the posts it looks like people think Excaliburs are the best. The truth is that their not. Ten point is by far the best crossbow company. They cost twice as much, but the quality is awesome. Horton has a decent bow thats much quieter than the Excalibur. Excalibur has a good product, but don't be fooled. They are not the best.

FYI. I've been hunting with Excalibur and Tenpoint equipment for over ten years. Awaiting your hatemail.
Hatemail? Not Likely, your not the only guy here that owns a ten point or two, and certainly not the only guy with an opinion.
\Welcome to the forum!
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
Czy Horse

Post by Czy Horse »

Sounds like another paid Maximus poster trying to stir to pot.
2009 - Excalibur Exocet 200 c/w Boo String
1988 - Excalibur Wolverine c/w Boo String
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

Czy Horse wrote:Sounds like another paid Maximus poster trying to stir to pot.
I didn't see that coming.. Went and looked at that canadacrossbow site and its just a sales site, one with no phone number too. I should have suspected a spammer, gave him the benifit of the doubt though, oops.
I like how he did it though, send up a plug for the site, then post a subject he thought would be contoversial to keep the thread alive..
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
Mike P

Post by Mike P »

Ken360 wrote:Hi,

I'm new to this site, but as I read through the posts it looks like people think Excaliburs are the best.
Well Ken, it certainly is hard to get one by you. This is the Excalibur Crossbow Forum and it looks like people think Excalibur's are the best. That certainly is strange. How much more transparent can you be?

Fellow forum members please do not dignify this post with responses and play into his game. Just laugh at his attempt to whip everyone into a frenzy and respond with dignified silence. It is what trolls hate the most.
Island Hunter

Post by Island Hunter »

You can buy them in Saskatchewan, B C, Alberta, and Ontario. Their site is still under construction. All their showing is the Bone Splitter model, thumb hole stock, looks just like Excal. When you click on about us, it says, coming soon. Under contact us, it list an address for Stayner, Ont., 1-800-663-0359. Their email address is, [email protected].
(2013) MATRIX 355
Tact-Zone scope
18" Diablo's
150gr Boltcutters
Danny's Flemish String
Rubber Baby Buggy Bumpers
(2009) EXOMAX 350
Varizone Scope
20" Fire Bolts
150gr Boltcutters
Ground Pounder Mount
Boo Strings
STS
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

Look at the bright side, they are ripping off Middleton too, lol. I think 10 pt has good stuff but.............

borrowed:

My Good Friend bought the Ten Point, and he is not that Happy about his choice. First Scope replacement then string Issues, and then a Limb broke. All were taken care of by redacted promptly but he called Ten Point to complain about the problems and they told him that he voided the warrentee [sic]by putting a Viper X string on and that redacted should not have replaced his limbs. His point is fine I want my Money back. I should have bought the Excalibur, Didn't because Ten Point had the double Safety. Now you want me to spend more for a new String every time I shoot It I don't think so.
"Eze 18:21"
Ken360

Post by Ken360 »

Now the conspiracy theories start. I didn't know this site was only for excalibur share holders.
Pydpiper wrote:
Czy Horse wrote:Sounds like another paid Maximus poster trying to stir to pot.
I didn't see that coming.. Went and looked at that canadacrossbow site and its just a sales site, one with no phone number too. I should have suspected a spammer, gave him the benifit of the doubt though, oops.
I like how he did it though, send up a plug for the site, then post a subject he thought would be contoversial to keep the thread alive..
theoldarcher

Post by theoldarcher »

It isn't. :shock: We have members on here that own several different brands of crossbows and enjoy them all. We also have a few members here who still like to hunt with vertical bows as well. :D What we usually don’t have is people who have nothing better to do that try and aggravate others intentionally. :oops: You are entitled to your opinion, and you will find that members here tend to respect others opinions unless they are not respected for having theirs. I hope that you enjoy this forum as much as I and I look forward to your input on various topics. However, if you will take notice that the forums name and sponsor is Excaliburcrossbow.com, so expect to hear more on Excalibur crossbows than other brands. Have a great day. :D