Mule Deer
10%
Whitetail Deer
90%

Total votes: 20

MNDeerHunter

Mule Deer Hunt

Post by MNDeerHunter »

Come Friday I'm off to Wyoming for my second try to get a nice Muley with my Vortex. After shooting almost every night for the last couple of months I feel very comfortable with shooting out to 50 yards (with little wind). Between biking to get in good shape for all the walking at 8300' to 9300' elevation and the time I spend shooting my wife says I am nuts. It sure is fun being nuts about going out west :D
Last year was the first time for me with the Vortex and I went through the learning curve we all go through. All of my friends are all bow hunters and have adjusted to me using a crossbow now so the crap I first went through with them is done. I'm not sure what it is about hunting Mule Deer but I look forward to this all year to going. My hunts around Minnesota for Whitetale Deer just do not get to that level. Maybe it's just the wide open mountains and all that, but when you see those giant racks on those Muleys it sure gets you pumped up and walking those miles does not seem so bad. :) :)
Life goes by quick - so don't think about going hunting - get out there and DO IT!
Vortex
Lumizone
Customized Firebolts
Boo String
STS
sumner4991

Re: Mule Deer Hunt

Post by sumner4991 »

MNDeerHunter wrote:and the time I spend shooting my wife
Was your wife against you taking the trip? :lol: :lol:

Enjoy . . .I hope you get a BIG Mulie!
I'd rather wear out than rust out.
Perception trumps intention.

2006 Exomax w/Agingcrossbower Custom Stock
20" Easton Powerbolts w/125gr Trophy Ridge Stricknines & 2"Blazers
Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen
saxman

Post by saxman »

Good luck my friend :D
Scott
http://www.myspace.com/saxman1

Take a kid hunting
They don't remember their best day of watching TV

Excalibur Equinox
TruGlo Red/Green Dot
NGSS Absorber by NewGuy
Custom strings by BOO
Groundpounder Top Mount
ACF Member - 2011
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

Hope you get the one you want, Mule deer & Pronghorns too would be a great hunting trip. someday i will get to do that myself
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
MNDeerHunter

Post by MNDeerHunter »

Waited till I was 52 before I got the chance to go out west hunting. Now I am hooked on it.
My wife looks at it as a vacation for her too - she gets a week of quiet from me she says. I'm sure you all hear the same thing :lol:
Life goes by quick - so don't think about going hunting - get out there and DO IT!
Vortex
Lumizone
Customized Firebolts
Boo String
STS
mikej

Post by mikej »

good luck
If guns cause crime, all of mine are defective
Esox

Post by Esox »

Mulies are a Hoot!!..... I chased them around several seasons in the late 80's when I was out elk Hunting in New Mexico... I would always see a giant when elk hunting but never when I had a deer tag....

In fact, the very first elk hunt I was on in New Mexico, in 1985, opening day, very early morning I was working my way up a steep, wooded draw when a massive animal stood up about 40 yds away and I saw my very first "elk".... Only thing was it turned out to be giant mulie buck instead.... He stood there stareing at me for quite a bit and then he turned and hopped away up the hill, with a hugh rack extending well wide of his body and almost too tall for his frame. Even in the early morning light he was a beauty... Man what a buck... I've seen some real brutes over the years. Even a couple in the 200 score class, but still today I can honestly say that guy was bigger yet....

I'd love to go out there after them again... but unfortunately once I'm out there ELK are the only thing on my mind....