ML'er guys(tested white hots today)

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

crazyfarmer

ML'er guys(tested white hots today)

Post by crazyfarmer »

I wasnt really shooting for good groups today. I didnt have a rock solid rest so I tested at 50 yards just to get soem chrono speeds. 1 shot 3 rounds of each pellet. The results are below

T7 - 2 pellets - 100 grains

1st shot - 1625fps
2nd shot - 1640fps
3rd shot - 1629 fps

1631 average fps

Cleaned the Pro Hunter and began with the white hots
2 pellets - 100 grains

1st shot - 1725fps
2nd shot - 1698fps
3rd shot - 1722fps

1715 fps average

thats an average of 84 fps quicker per shot. The T7 averaged 1inch lower per shot, which shows the 80fps difference. I will say the white hots smell better than the T7. You dont have that rotten egg smell at all!

As for shot on shot everage.. The T7 had a grouping of 2inches which had some shooter error from me. The white hots had a 1inch group with 2 actaully going through the same hole. But again, im not comparing groupings since I didnt have a solid rest at all.

my fps was pretty much right on with the others that have tested it. I didnt see a 200fps difference, but its very close to 100fps more in velocity over the T7 pellets. The others that tested show T7 in the 1550's and the white hots in the 1720 range also. Now 150 grains of T7 would hit 1900-2000 no problem, but im interested in 100 grains.

As for the crud ring from T7.. the white hots have one to, but I dont think its as bad as the T7. Overall, im very happy with the white hot pellets and Ill test more later on this month. I just wanted some baseline tests and they pretty much answered my questions. Is it hands down better than T7? It depends on what you are looking for. It shoots flatter and doesnt smell. Its hard to chrono a ML'er also. I had my chrono setup 15ft out to make sure I didnt get any smoke blasts showing up
Decoy Dan

Post by Decoy Dan »

That's good to know!
I don"t think they are available in Ontario yet.
I will give some a try out of my prohunter when I find some.

Are they the same in price compared to the T7.
Thanks!

Dan
I'll let my exocet do my talking.
crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

Decoy Dan wrote:That's good to know!
I don"t think they are available in Ontario yet.
I will give some a try out of my prohunter when I find some.

Are they the same in price compared to the T7.
Thanks!

Dan
these were 24.50 for 72 pellets

I think 100 pellets of the T7 are 35.00 here? So its just about the same price break down.

Im gonna do more testing later one with groups.. Im gonna test 150 grains of T7 also
crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

btw, I just called and I can shoot 3 pellets of this.. the box says shoot only 2, but if you have a ML'er built for big loads you can use 3(most of the newer ML'ers handle 150 grains)

just an fyi :D

the guy on the phone was very nice to chat with.. We talked about triple 7 also. He said it will just come down to which your ML'er likes better. Some handle T7 better while others like the white hots better.

He said with 3 pellets I should see 1900-2000fps.. about 50-100more fps than T7
Limbs and Sticks

powder

Post by Limbs and Sticks »

Here is the deal Hodgen owns and developed pyrodex, pyrodex rs, T7, and White hots they burn a little cleaner than the T7, maybe trying to get next to BH209 for it burns pretty clean, Below are two links that should be read, the test by Toby are as accurate as anybody in the business, very little difference in T7 and White hots if all test are compared. The texas hunt tells it as it is, good read

http://www.buckmasters.com/bm/Resources ... fault.aspx

http://hpmuzzleloading.com/SpecialReport2.html

Wes
"Maxine"
1.75x5 Burris scope
Boo string
STS
Feathered easton 2020's
Magnus stingers
crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

Wes, from swabbing the barrel, it definitly burns cleaner. Not by much, but its cleaner. I run a wet patch and a dry one and its pretty much clean. It still gums up the breech like T7.. not as bad, but hell its a Ml'er so its gonna leave some funk behind :D

basically from what I gathered.. its T7, just white LOL :P I read that before you posted it doing a search. They did say the white hots grouped well in every ML'er tested. We all know some ML'ers are picky..

ill see how it does with the 3 pellet load.. as of now, im sticking with it. The beauty about the pro hunter is the stock. I couldnt feel the 100 grain load at all. All i heard was boom and saw smoke :D

im going to get a rock solid rest and see how she groups at 100 yards.. no rush now since im more worried about bow season 8)
Limbs and Sticks

Post by Limbs and Sticks »

Just like the Excal bows our Canadian friends did us another favor with making the BH209 also, GENERAL DYNAMICS in Quebec Canada, Two of the very best tools ever made for hunting in the world, THANKS CANADA

Wes
"Maxine"
1.75x5 Burris scope
Boo string
STS
Feathered easton 2020's
Magnus stingers
mdcrossbow

Post by mdcrossbow »

Thanks Farmer good info