Special prayers to Digger's family

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Mike P

Post by Mike P »

When I first came here those many years ago, I actually knew less about crossbows then I do now. I know some of you find that hard to believe. I asked some really stupid questions. And Digger answered them all and allowed me my dignity while doing so by not pointing out how stupid my questions really were. He had the patients of a saint.

I try to be tolerant with not only the new crossbow owners who visit, but also with my long term friends here who do not always share my point of view. I do my best, but I am not nearly as good at it as was Digger.

Digger was a true ambassador not only to the Excalibur community; he was an ambassador for the hunting community et al.

It is right that we remember him on the day of his birth.
mikej

Post by mikej »

happy birthday digger , R.I.P
If guns cause crime, all of mine are defective
wabi

Post by wabi »

Doug's absence has left a void on the forum that will not be filled. He was a great individual and those of us who knew him here on the forum will always miss him.
I hope his family is doing well, and my prayers are with them.
wabi
Tar Heel

Post by Tar Heel »

We miss you Digger, Our prayers are with you and your family.

Tar Heel
The old man from the mountain
chrysty

Post by chrysty »

hey guys it's digger's daughter sneaking around the forums again and just saw this thread. just wanted to say that we all appreciate your thoughts and prayers especially today it was a bit of a suprise to see the thread but was great on a tough day like today... thank you so much... this is why i still pop in now and then.... i may not know all of you but the way dad talked about you you all seem like a part of the family... i'm sure he's looking over all of you and cheering you on while hunting each season... i love the fact that his bows are carrying on in future seasons and helping some of the younger hunters get out when they may not have been able... thank you :)
raven12

Post by raven12 »

happy birthday digger
Excalibur Exocet 200, Lumizone scope, G5 Montec 100grn
R.J.

Post by R.J. »

Top shelf he was ... Will be thinking of him "on stand " this season .

Chrysty wrote :
I love the fact that his bows are carrying on in future seasons and helping some of the younger hunters get out when they may not have been able... thank you
Yep ... I worked on one bow for myself .... when I got it all together , I ran into a guy that was just getting started in the sport ... I explained this significance of the bow and it's back-ground and ended up passing it on to him ... he will be using it this season and hopefully taking his 1st Whitetail with it .

I've always believed that after passing , you live on in the memories of your friends and family ...

Digger , fits that bill for sure ... hope he's watching over us this season !
See Ya. ... R.J. > " Remember , Trophies are measured by the time and energy expended to get them , not the size or quantity of the quarry "
fletch

Post by fletch »

Not many beat Digger to the answers on the newbies questions, he is definitely missed here. He answered my first questions posted here and was very helpful.
Exomax w/ Lumizone
custom Boo string w/silencers
GT II's w/r helical 4 deg offset
Slik Triks and Lumenoks