Exocet brace height

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

knobby

Exocet brace height

Post by knobby »

how much does the brace height affect speed

I had an opportunity to chrono my Exocet 200 today and it was hovering right around the 298 mark. This was with a new string that hasnt finished stretching yet and I had it all the way back on the back index mark.

Just curious as the string stretches and shortens the brace height how much its going to affect the speed?
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

the high brace line gives you the slowest fps the low brace line by riser rail joint gives the fastest
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

Nice bow! Good to see some other people with a bit of class around here. :D
As the string settles a bit your speed will change to around 300FPS, the speed change/brace height ratio is pretty small unless you are paying very close attention to whats happening. Most guys, from what I see, wouldn't notice 3FPS.
To answer your question, as the string elongates the speed increases, but very gradually.
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
wabi

Post by wabi »

Brace height won't have a huge impact on velocity. It will have some, but not enough to worry about.
I chronographed my Phoenix when I first got it. With the brace height at the rear mark (farthest from the riser/rail joint), a fastflight string, and 350 gr arrows I was getting 304.6 fps. I figured I could drop the brace height to the forward mark and get the advertised 305 fps, so I didn't complain to Excalibur. :lol: :lol: :lol:
wabi
dick195252

Post by dick195252 »

Good one wabi :lol: :lol:
Exomax, Lumizone, Boo String, NRA, ACf, Member, [Proud Grandpa!!!]
knobby

Post by knobby »

ok thx I was just curious

for some reason I thought I would see a slightly bigger number when I glanced at the chono....but I guess with my 432 grain bolt thats about right?
Cossack

Post by Cossack »

You may pick up a bit with a Flemsih string and a 405 gr arrow. My Vortex is doing 315 that way.
Vortex, Phoenix, single-shot rifles and handguns.
Incurable tinkerer.
Why hunt? Simple, it's BASIC. Why breath?!