buck bomb

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

bait pile willie

buck bomb

Post by bait pile willie »

anybody here use them.we used bear bombs this august and had bears come in both times to the bait co-incidense i dont know.one of our bear hunters from martland used one last yr.doe in estrous and had a nice buck come in nose to the air.he sptyed short bursts around dis stand and every so often shor bursts in the air.even sprayed some on his boots before he walked to his stand.tsc has them also some walmarts ad crappy tire from 9.99 t0 13 $
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

There was a pile of data on these here last year. Some hate, some love..Go figure.
I use it on my boots too, it makes a great cover smell. My theory is that you can't fool a deers nose but you can keep him interested.
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
Doe Master
Site Admin

Post by Doe Master »

:) For those that hate it makes the ones who love it happier . Less competition for buying it . :D
bojangles

Post by bojangles »

if used during the right time it at least wouldnt hurt to try it....Ive used it a few times with no luck but I am still gonna try it again this year
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

Ive used it. I think its at least as good as the other types of scent. I like B.B because it atomizes, and carries farther faster. (just my opinion) I have had deer come to it. Ive also had no deer come to it.
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
Normous

Post by Normous »

Last year some say it was just the Bomb and others say it was the Bomb of the year. I used it sparingly and I saw nothing that day. I'll use it again this year just because it smelled so good.
I think it was Rich who had to test it in the car with his wife in it, just after purchase. Probably don't follow Rich's antics if I were you.
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
Big John

n

Post by Big John »

Now thats a Hunters New Car Smell!! :) I had a bottle of Doe estrous spill out in my pocket once, wife came to get me, man did I hear about it. :roll: Smell didn't leave her Explorer for quite a while. :shock:
But my Camo suit smelled just right. :wink:
Phoenix - 375 gr. BEE's (babyneilsons)
Micro 315 - 410 gr. Zombies/Lumenoks
Micro 355. - Punisher-Zombies/Lumenoks

Arrowmaker - Retired
[email protected]
TrapperBob

Post by TrapperBob »

John, I can relate to your situation. As a trapper I often used to carry multiple animal attractant in my 4 X 4 while I am going from the city to my trap line. I guess one cold winter day one of the bottles of green beaver attractant slipped out of my pocket down beside the drivers seat. Months passed and summer arrived.

One hot day while the truck was parked for many hours at the mall I guess the bottle exploded. My wife and I got into the truck and both of us almost hurled.

I tried many things to remove the smell including replacing the whole floor mat but nothing worked. I think it crept into the metal some how.

I traded the truck about 4 months later on a new truck and the salesman asked me what that pungent smell was. I said nothing and walked away.

A true story I wish upon no one.

Have a gooder
Bob
Phoenix
Excalibur Flemish string
Easton 2216 Bolt
150 Boltcutter BH

Kids who trap and hunt don't mug little old ladies
crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

I never put the stuff on my boots now... Try walking across a field in the dark and have a doe or buck pick up that smell and come running at you.. thats about all it takes to stop putting it on your boots :P
TPM

Post by TPM »

Well, Buck Bomb bombed for me last year. More like buck repellent. I never saw so few deer as I did last season. Even the ones I did see really managed to keep their distance. The only thing it managed to lure was money out of my wallet. :? Still have a can in the drawer. Maybe I'll donate it to "Curves with Recurves". :twisted:
The most important blood trail leads to the Cross...

Phoenix
HHA Optimizer
Hawke scope
Boo strings
Boo tuned trigger
crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

forgot to add that ive got 2 on the wall that came right to it.. i use the whole can at once though. Works great for downwind bucks in combo with the can call and rattling/grunting also
bait pile willie

Post by bait pile willie »

its like rattling and calling if the deer arnt there they wont come