scrapes

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Limbs and Sticks

postsub

Post by Limbs and Sticks »

Kelley wrote:Loks to me like a 6 legged 2 rear end buck????
Kelley

Kelly there are 3 bucks in that pic, the other is under the leaning tree to the right, finally seen one velvet coming unglued, about time here :D

Wes
"Maxine"
1.75x5 Burris scope
Boo string
STS
Feathered easton 2020's
Magnus stingers
curmudgeon

Post by curmudgeon »

dick195252 wrote:Our cows are not that BIG in Tennessee :lol:
:D Yeah, but we keep looking :roll:
8up

Post by 8up »

I have seen scraps kept open until march and saw they reworked starting in early September. Some scrapes will be used like signpost rubs and every deer that passes it checks it out either by using it or smelling it in the air as they pass it. Good thing you didn't show them the big one Wes or Crazyfarmer would have the helicopter out looking for him.

As for velvet I have seen some lose it by the first week of Aug but have also killed one still in full velvet on September 27th, with a bow I made with my own hands.
2008 Excalibur Vortex, Lumizone, STS
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
Kenton

Post by Kenton »

In 2003 maybe 2004 I can't remember. Me and a buddy found a scrape on August 12th. He was maybe a 130 - 140 inch 8 point but we never saw him that hunting season.
"You have reached the pinnacle of success as soon as you become uninterested in money, compliments, and publicity." - Eddie Rickenbacker, World War I pilot
Tenn. Equinox

Post by Tenn. Equinox »

I have at 1 time seen a scrape the size of a car hood.
I have never seen another that large.
It's about time to drag . :D
Getting the Fever. :D
Tenn.

Equinox