Looking for a new Broadhead?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Chris Dillard

Looking for a new Broadhead?

Post by Chris Dillard »

Hi everybody. This thread is for those looking for a new broadhead to try. Boys and Girls you need to try the MUZZY 145 grain four blade head. The flight and accuracy Im getting is great!!! My setup is a 2006 Exomax with standard string, and factory Firebolt arrows. Im getting 3 inch 3 shot groups at 35 yards from an unsupported standing position with the Excalibur peep and pin. This setup is a tack driver!! Much better than any other combinations Ive tried before. I cant wait until October 15!! 8)
2014 Vixen II
2006 Exomax
bkisel

Post by bkisel »

That's great! Could be a viable substitute for the 150 grain Boltcutter and @ ~ 1/2 the price, yes?

Take care...
Chris Dillard

MUZZY 145

Post by Chris Dillard »

I believe I paid $33 for the pack of six Muzzy "DANGEROUS GAME HEADS". How much are the Bolt Cutters say for six heads?
2014 Vixen II
2006 Exomax
TrapperBob

Post by TrapperBob »

I paid double that here in Canada for 6 150 Boltcutters plus shipping from Labaron's in Ottawa.
Phoenix
Excalibur Flemish string
Easton 2216 Bolt
150 Boltcutter BH

Kids who trap and hunt don't mug little old ladies
saxman

Post by saxman »

Congrats on your set up.
It's great when you find a combo for your bow that gives you that confidance.
I know Muzzy makes a tough head.
Scott
http://www.myspace.com/saxman1

Take a kid hunting
They don't remember their best day of watching TV

Excalibur Equinox
TruGlo Red/Green Dot
NGSS Absorber by NewGuy
Custom strings by BOO
Groundpounder Top Mount
ACF Member - 2011
bkisel

Re: MUZZY 145

Post by bkisel »

Chris Dillard wrote:I believe I paid $33 for the pack of six Muzzy "DANGEROUS GAME HEADS". How much are the Bolt Cutters say for six heads?
At Cabela's $32.99 per 3 so that would be ~ $66.00 per 6.

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templ ... stid=16510

Take care...
gogo

Post by gogo »

150 grain boltcutters 6 pack is 49.99 in my area. we have a great hunting and fishing store.i know my phoenix was as least 150-200 dollars cheaper then bass pro.
wabi

Post by wabi »

I posted on the subject of the perfect broadhead selection quite some time ago.
http://www.excaliburcrossbow.com/phpBB2 ... =broadhead
I will have to caution the Wasp JakHammer is no longer on my list (one failed to open on a deer), and I have added the Wac'Em Exit (4 blade replaceable blade) to the list. I'm also testing a couple new mechanicals before I hunt this year.

I'm glad to hear you've found a broadhead you trust, and I'm sure they will do the job, but I would caution forum members to thoroughly test the recommended combination it THEIR crossbow before hunting!!
wabi
Chris Dillard

145 MUZZY'S

Post by Chris Dillard »

This thread is about the performance of the 145 four blade Muzzy's. I certainly hope no one on this forum would venture out into the field without first checking the effectiveness of their chosen setup!! If your looking into the possibilities of changing your current broadhead, dont overlook the 145 grain muzzy it performs well. Thanks.
2014 Vixen II
2006 Exomax
crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

i loved muzzy for my compound bow arrows.. they were the toughest head made! Still probably are!

i just like my rage heads to much to go back to muzzy now.. but all that matters is how the user likes them:) Every setup is different and each like their own thing;)

muzzy sure does lay the smack down on bone though 8) :lol:
Chris Dillard

Post by Chris Dillard »

I was a huge fan of the 125 NAP Thunderheads with my vertical bows, but with the speed in which the Exomax launches its arrows I never could get much in grouping. I tried various BH finally taking my flemish string off to slow my arrows while taking some punishment off my Exomax limbs. I use factory arrows so I went with a heavier BH the 145 Muzzy. The thought of using a mechanical BH crossed my mind, but the thought of it not opening due to a bad angle or some other unseen problem just isnt exceptable. I dont believe in using scouting camera's, it just takes something away from the hunt for me, so when I do see a shooter I want to send him my "best ".
2014 Vixen II
2006 Exomax