Who starts this weekend?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

sumner4991

Who starts this weekend?

Post by sumner4991 »

I finally got everything "hunting ready". Found my knife and it's sharp, for now. But, I still got the new knife itch. :D I put my favorite Boo string on the Exomax and took off the dacron string I'd been shooting for fun. I resighted the Max, just needed a slight speed ring adjustment. Got the newly built plain jane arrows looking deadly with the Spitfires, Stricknines and Slick Tricks on the tips. The hunting clothes are pressed and ready. I just need a willing whitetail. :P

Season starts here Saturday a.m., however, I'll probably not hunt until Monday. I don't like the opening day crowds on the public property I hunt. I have been offered to hunt a private 10 acre tract that I still need to scout it out. If that looks good, then I may hunt Saturday.

I can't wait to see the first deer posted . . .I'll wager it's groundpounder.

Good luck and be safe out there!
I'd rather wear out than rust out.
Perception trumps intention.

2006 Exomax w/Agingcrossbower Custom Stock
20" Easton Powerbolts w/125gr Trophy Ridge Stricknines & 2"Blazers
Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen
groundpounder

Post by groundpounder »

I can't wait to see the first deer posted . . .I'll wager it's groundpounder.
I would like to hope thats true. But.... Like you, I don't like the crowds of opening weekend on public land. Plus my girls both have their first soccer games of the season on Saturday. What idiot came up with this soccer schedule? So I will be taking off work on Monday to make it my opener. I think I'm going to head up to Dawson Forest. I've got several favorite spots up there I can slip into.
Why ride when you can walk!
Straightshooter

Post by Straightshooter »

Us, up North have to wait until Oct. 1. :x :x But waterfowl(geese) opens up Thursday :D

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE
rt2bowhunter

Post by rt2bowhunter »

9/14 we have a early doe only season. Just as will get that out of the way. :D
Wishbone

Post by Wishbone »

Mine starts Sunday at 5 am for a ten hour road trip to Dad's place. Hope that nine comes into range of the Equinox. My Boss broad heads are dialed in !! Good luck to you all.

Kevin
Every moment in the woods is a gift from above, having the Excalibur with is a blessing...
crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

Team Va hopefully gets on the board next monday then;)

Oct 3rd here... but good things come to those that wait :P
bkisel

Post by bkisel »

Here in Connecticut Bowhunting season starts Sept. 15th. In the zone I live in and hunt CBs are not allowed unless you've got a permit for a verified permenant disability. I'll likely get out some with my Bob Lee longbow.

I mostly hunt Fulton County PA where my brothers own property. Believe opening Archery season is the first Saturday in Oct. I'll be hunting with my new Exocet and I AM PSYCHED!

Take care...
dlzinck

Post by dlzinck »

I'll have to wait a week. In PA the earliest you can hunt deer is on Oct 19th in a few WMUs. I have permission for one of those YES!!! So we can hunt doe only until OCT 3. Waiting a few weeks for buck isn't bad. Got a couple on the trail cam and they are still in velvet here anyhow!
[img]http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s259/dlzinck/arrow.gif[/img]

Good hunting!!
Pround member of Team PETA
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

Mo. season opens tues. so i won't be out this weekend hunting.
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
spanishfly

Post by spanishfly »

:D Season in New Jersey starts Saturday.
dick195252

Post by dick195252 »

Have to wait till Sept 26 in Tennessee :cry:
Exomax, Lumizone, Boo String, NRA, ACf, Member, [Proud Grandpa!!!]
Kelley

Post by Kelley »

Oct. 1 here in IL.
Kelley
Exocet 200
Varizone
Boo String
Groundpounder Mount
Crazy Farmer's CowWhackers
STS
Spitfire
raydaughety

Post by raydaughety »

Tyler stands a pretty good chance Saturday morning but I still have to convince him that we cannot spend the night in a tent near his stand :roll: . I hope that everyone has a safe season.
God Bless !!!!!!!!!

Ray
Rich

Post by Rich »

Ray/Tyler,

Good to see you posting again, hope your feeling better. Best of luck on opening morning.

Rich
Horizontal Hunter

Post by Horizontal Hunter »

bkisel wrote:Here in Connecticut Bowhunting season starts Sept. 15th. In the zone I live in and hunt CBs are not allowed unless you've got a permit for a verified permenant disability. I'll likely get out some with my Bob Lee longbow.

I mostly hunt Fulton County PA where my brothers own property. Believe opening Archery season is the first Saturday in Oct. I'll be hunting with my new Exocet and I AM PSYCHED!

Take care...
I will be out with the Xbow on the 15th hoping to put team NGT on teh board. :shock:

Bkisel,

There was a change in the rules this year and now if you can find some private property in zone 11 or 12 you can use the crossbow during the January season.

Bob
Vegetarian: vejiˈte(ə)rēən/noun: old Indian word for lousy hunter.
Excalibur Exocet, GT Laser II, 2" Bhoning Blazers 125g NAP Spitfire