Goose season tomorrow

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

DirtyGun

Post by DirtyGun »

Heading out this evening and tomorrow morning with my father-in-law to drop a few for a landowner who is tired of them crapping all over his man-made beach by the house on the larger of two ponds on the property.

The wheat came off last week and they have been on it ever since.

I know where we'll be parking our butts this evening.

:D
VixChix

Post by VixChix »

R.J. wrote:Go get em ! ...

I have to sit and watch for awhile ... seperated my shoulder last week ... can't take any recoil yet .

Need to rest up to make sure I can climb and hunt for October 1st .

Good luck thining out the flocks !
Sorry to hear about your injury! :cry: What bad timing. Get physio if you can, it'll help you get back in the game sooner!
Vixen, Micro 315, HHA Optimizer, Boo & VixenMaster strings, Munch Mounts, Dr. Stirrup accessories.
R.J.

Post by R.J. »

Thanks Vix ... I even thoght about trying my left shoulder but cant get my right arm high enough to support the gun ...

Ice , physio , and pain killers are my friends for the next few weeks !
See Ya. ... R.J. > " Remember , Trophies are measured by the time and energy expended to get them , not the size or quantity of the quarry "
Big John

n

Post by Big John »

Well RJ, I can sure relate to that statement!!
Those are my friends as of now as well. :wink: :twisted:
Get well soon. But in the meantime I will take some out (Geese) for you! 8)
Phoenix - 375 gr. BEE's (babyneilsons)
Micro 315 - 410 gr. Zombies/Lumenoks
Micro 355. - Punisher-Zombies/Lumenoks

Arrowmaker - Retired
[email protected]
kendo kid

Post by kendo kid »

The weather is too warm and the water is the same. Weed production for forage has not slowed down yet so the geese feel little need to go to the grain fields. The grain is desert at this point. I hear some snow are down from Hudson but not the honkers. Anybody gong to Eastern Ontario this year?
The only ex who has a piece of my heart is Excalibur
Big John

b

Post by Big John »

Been a while Kendo, good to see you posting again!! :)
If I know you, it's only a matter of time until you start dropping them from the Sky!! 8) Keep us posted, and let me know if you need some help. :wink: I'm almost better now, for sure good enough for Waterfowling!!
Phoenix - 375 gr. BEE's (babyneilsons)
Micro 315 - 410 gr. Zombies/Lumenoks
Micro 355. - Punisher-Zombies/Lumenoks

Arrowmaker - Retired
[email protected]
chris4570

Post by chris4570 »

Not sure who to quote from: RJ, John, or Kendo Kid.

At any rate.

RJ; I hope you mend in time to launch some short arrows. You are Backstraps & Butters heavy hitter. Plus we want to see your pictures.

John: Hopefully you are in better shape than last year. I could tell it wasn't easy to sit back and not take part. Even when you could it wasn't "easy".

Kendo Kid: Nice to see you here once and a while. I miss some of the "ol' timers". :wink:
You can take the man out of the woods but you can't take the woods out of the man.

"Celebrate your harvest with a Bloodtrail Ale(tm)!!"
"It CAN Be Done!"
kendo kid

Post by kendo kid »

Thanks Chris,
I have been hunting more deer than geese. I took over 30 geese last year so the freezer was full. This year I can shoot them of my deck so it is too easy. I was out Kayaking on Simcoe's west shore and there are large flocks of local honkers. In the two hours in the kayak I covered quite a bit of distance. I have been thinking the kayak is a lot like a sneak box and I sure can get close enough to pepper them if I want to. I thought I might try it during the week when the tourists have all gone back to Toronto. I also have a tandem kayak (green) and I think that would be the way to raise a little h-ll with the geese. Set the seat to lay back and sneak up on them. Let the bowman shoot and the stern man do all the work. I am sure it will be productive.
Kendo kid
kendo kid

Post by kendo kid »

John,
Thanks for the encouragement. Time is too short and I have had folks coming in from Japan. They really like the place on Simcoe. Had one in during end of Aug another coming in end of Sept and the first one coming back end of November. I told them come as much as you like but I will not be here during the first and second ruts. We have our priorities straight. I was seeing lots of late fawns this year. Fortunately the fall is shaping up warm and they may get enough meat on them to make through the winter. That is if they do not meet one of my 2216's with a Spitfire 125. Goose hunting is when I can fit it in as I have returned to Guelph part time working on another Masters (in chicken). I had everything lined up to go to Eastern Ontario and mimic what we did together last fall. I was going to stay with the friends we hunted on that evening before you left. I was going to use the same technique of scouting in the afternoon and shooting in the morning. The young lad was really cranked to have be come up. Weather is too warm yet and the snows and Hudson honkers are not down yet. I will have to drag the Japanese woman with me in early October. Glad you are feeling better than the last time we were together. You were in so much pain if you been a dog and would have put you down. :D :shock: