Slick Trick and Rope cocker questions

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Long Trang

Slick Trick and Rope cocker questions

Post by Long Trang »

Does this sound right?

Factory firebolt and 125gr slick trick. 50 yards zero, 40 yards 2 inches high, 30 zero, 20 zero.....

Rope cocking aid, 3 inches short? Have to pull string up 3 inches before other hook will catch?
munch

Post by munch »

i think you will find that shorter rope makes the last little bit much easier to draw the bow into the cocked position .somtimes that last little bit is the worst part
PUT IT IN THE BAG MARLIN ( #$%^ you it"ll bite)
BAD NEWS TRAVELS FAST
[email protected]
munchmounts channel utube
munchmounts facebook
wildman

Post by wildman »

+1 on what munch had to say on the short rope sure helps on last lil bit of pull. :D
Exocet 200,
Miller Quiver Mount
Miller's Killers
Slick Trick B/H
sumner4991

Post by sumner4991 »

Never heard of that on the Slick Tricks. What your field tips or other broadheads?
I'd rather wear out than rust out.
Perception trumps intention.

2006 Exomax w/Agingcrossbower Custom Stock
20" Easton Powerbolts w/125gr Trophy Ridge Stricknines & 2"Blazers
Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen
Long Trang

Post by Long Trang »

My factory field tips were zeroed (150 grains) and then I switched over to the 125 slicks. I had to adjust to the left about 2 inches but after that, the above mentioned happened.

On the rope cocker, glad it wasnt just mine :wink: Im 6'4'' so I was expecting my long limbs to compensate :D
sumner4991

Post by sumner4991 »

What I meant to ask . . .how are your other arrows flying? Are your field tips good at all distances? My first thought is the yardage marker is off at 40 yards. My second thought is, the 50 and 30 yard markers are off. Did you use a rangefinder when shooting?
Last edited by sumner4991 on Fri Sep 11, 2009 8:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
I'd rather wear out than rust out.
Perception trumps intention.

2006 Exomax w/Agingcrossbower Custom Stock
20" Easton Powerbolts w/125gr Trophy Ridge Stricknines & 2"Blazers
Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen
Horizontal Hunter

Post by Horizontal Hunter »

Probably the difference between the 150g field point and the 125g Slick Trick. I leave my cocking rope on my xbow all of the time so I adjusted the length of the cocking rope so its about 1/2" short. I am 6' and have no trouble cocking the xbow. The cocking rope never leaves the xbow so I will never forget it.

I think I remember a post from Cossack saying that his cocking rope is significantly shorter and after leaving it on the xbow for an extended time his poi and tiller shifted.

Bob
Vegetarian: vejiˈte(ə)rēən/noun: old Indian word for lousy hunter.
Excalibur Exocet, GT Laser II, 2" Bhoning Blazers 125g NAP Spitfire
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

if you leave rope cocker on in cocking position after shortning the rope it makes the string stretch as its putting pressure on it. the shorter it is the more you pull up string to catch it more the pressure rises. my rope is so short i just go around the back of scope and both hooks on string just hangs there but i don't lose it or misplace it either
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
saxman

Post by saxman »

Long Trang wrote:My factory field tips were zeroed (150 grains) and then I switched over to the 125 slicks. I had to adjust to the left about 2 inches but after that, the above mentioned happened.

On the rope cocker, glad it wasnt just mine :wink: Im 6'4'' so I was expecting my long limbs to compensate :D
I had to shorten my rope for excatly what Munch said,I use the rope also when I have a new string on I hook it up to the string and it gives it a little stretch over a week or so.
I'm over 6'7" and that last bit can be a challenge.
I don't believe the cocker can pull the string off at all.
Scott
http://www.myspace.com/saxman1

Take a kid hunting
They don't remember their best day of watching TV

Excalibur Equinox
TruGlo Red/Green Dot
NGSS Absorber by NewGuy
Custom strings by BOO
Groundpounder Top Mount
ACF Member - 2011
dutchhunter

cocking the bow

Post by dutchhunter »

the shorter the rope makes a big difference on the 225lb bows .i o not need the rope on the 200lb bow but the last three inches on the big boy just about to much for my hands .i shoeten mine up to were it is most comforale to cock
addicted to canadian beaver
deerhunter430

Post by deerhunter430 »

munch wrote:i think you will find that shorter rope makes the last little bit much easier to draw the bow into the cocked position .somtimes that last little ibit s the worst part
god is that the truth!!!!